ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 25
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:19 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith
i feel like only winning 1 out of 4 playoff games for us somehow makes this name not exactly accurate
[Reply]
rico 02:19 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I never said that...but using Oswieler as a red-herring measuring stick is disingenuous.

Fans in Jacksonville are talking about Smith to the Jaguars...and they would make the play-offs. Bortles threw for 35 TDs/4400 yards in 2015...how would Smith improve them?
I don't know...how would he improve them? He probably wouldn't.

With Bortles, you can make the argument that he was much more negatively affected by the changing of offensive coordinators than Smith was early in his career. Because with Bortles there was a significant dip from 2015 to 2016... with Alex, he went from Shitty to Shitty to Shitty to Shitty to Shitty to Shitty.

In 2015, Bortles threw for 35 TD's with Gus Bradley as HC and Greg Olson as OC. In 2016, he threw for 23 TD's (8 more than your Alex) with Gus Bradley as HC and Nathaniel Hackett as OC.

And this year he has a different HC.

I think the likelihood of it being a staff-compatibility thing with Bortles is much more likely than it was for Smith in his early years...due to the significant drop in production. Like I said, with Smith, there was no drop. He was constantly shitty until the playbook was watered down to work around his limitations.
[Reply]
thegame214 02:24 PM 08-18-2017
Once again for 500th time, the Steelers scored on every drive except one when there were already in the redzone. They completely dominated our D except in the redzone and Bell ran for a 170 yds.

You want to see a dominant defensive performance check out a different game cause that certainly wasn't it.

Falcons gm Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith was amazing. He dominated the Falcons D. 21-25, 270 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 125 Rating

#ethered

It's a team game win or lose but Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith has clearly been a positive for us in that regard. You haters can't deny it.

If he wasn't Reid/Dorsey would have gotten rid of him by now. Lets not forget they gave Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith an extension not too long ago.
The ATL game our Defense/Special Teams accumulated for two touchdowns and the Pick-2. With Alex's ONE touchdown we get blown out of the game.
[Reply]
notorious 02:25 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
The ATL game our Defense/Special Teams accumulated for two touchdowns and the Pick-2. With Alex's ONE touchdown we get blown out of the game.
Alex set up the punter and the fake punt like a boss.
[Reply]
penbrook 02:25 PM 08-18-2017
It wasn't Dorsey who put Mahomes on the Chiefs radar it was our GM Brett Veach

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeff_rose...40812849864704
[Reply]
notorious 02:25 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
It wasn't Dorsey who put Mahomes on the Chiefs radar it was our GM Brett Veach

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeff_rose...40812849864704
Good news.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:26 PM 08-18-2017
Veeeeeeeech!
[Reply]
Shields68 02:29 PM 08-18-2017
Once again for 500th time, the Steelers scored on every drive except one when there were already in the redzone. They completely dominated our D except in the redzone and Bell ran for a 170 yds.

You want to see a dominant defensive performance check out a different game cause that certainly wasn't it.

The Steelers did move the ball pretty much at will between the 20's. Primarily due to the fact that the Chiefs dee had to respect Brown / Roethlesberger from going deep and that allowed Pitt to run the ball, when they got inside the 20's and could move the S's up into the box they pretty well shut them down. No it was not dominant game but it was about a perfect of a game the dee could have played in today's NFL and given the Lb's injuries.

On the flip side the Pitt dee got away with moving extra defenders into the box and really did not respect Alex. It was a very winnable game for a QB.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:29 PM 08-18-2017

Falcons gm Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith was amazing. He dominated the Falcons D. 21-25, 270 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 125 Rating

#ethered

It's a team game win or lose but Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith has clearly been a positive for us in that regard. You haters can't deny it.

If he wasn't Reid/Dorsey would have gotten rid of him by now. Lets not forget they gave Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith an extension not too long ago.
Our defense doesn't really dominate teams per se, at least not good teams. It's all turnover based and is predicated on generating a pass rush. If they can't do that or if we are playing a great QB who isn't rattled by it, they have a hard time getting stops. Or as you stated, a team that can run the ball all over them like Pittsburgh is going to cause huge problems, because a team that can play ball control against them takes away their bread and butter.

'The defense won the Falcons game' made me chuckle though. I seem to remember the defense having them put away and then giving up 2 4th quarter touchdowns and needing a flukey INT return for 2 in order to pull that game out of their... hats
[Reply]
thegame214 02:30 PM 08-18-2017
[QUOTE=penbrook;13022158]It wasn't Dorsey who put Mahomes on the Chiefs radar it was our GM Brett Veach

Veach let Dorsey know about Mahomes via voicemail, per Dorsey's normal procedure of doing things. Kidding.
[Reply]
OldSchool 02:30 PM 08-18-2017
Why would the Jags trade for Smith? Have they completely lost faith in Bortles ever developing?
[Reply]
oldman 02:31 PM 08-18-2017
I just don't see this happening this year. Mahomes is our future, but he still needs grooming. While I agree Smith won't get us much next year, if anything, it would have to be some kind of crazy offer to let him go this year.
[Reply]
notorious 02:32 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by oldman:
I just don't see this happening this year. Mahomes is our future, but he still needs grooming. While I agree Smith won't get us much next year, if anything, it would have to be some kind of crazy offer to let him go this year.
Nailed it.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:32 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Our defense doesn't really dominate teams per se, at least not good teams. It's all turnover based and is predicated on generating a pass rush. If they can't do that or if we are playing a great QB who isn't rattled by it, they have a hard time getting stops. Or as you stated, a team that can run the ball all over them like Pittsburgh is going to cause huge problems, because a team that can play ball control against them takes away their bread and butter.

'The defense won the Falcons game' made me chuckle though. I seem to remember the defense having them put away and then giving up 2 4th quarter touchdowns and needing a flukey INT return for 2 in order to pull that game out of their... hats
Agreed. There's an objective post. :-)
[Reply]
thegame214 02:33 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:

The Falcons should have been super bowl champs, so for someone to say our D is nothing special, I'm just gonna have to disagree.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 25
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up