ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:59 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Brock Osweiler also threw 16 INTs and he didn't run for 5 TDs like Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith. Why didn't you mention that?

The most important stat is wins and losses and Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith has a proven track record in that regard.
You mean the TEAM has a proven track record of winning. Like many have said before, the defense & special teams have been as much, if not more, responsible for the team wins than Smith. Why didn't you mention that?
[Reply]
notorious 02:01 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Shekelsteinberg:
I hope so, I can't wait to come back here when the team nosedives back into irrelevancy when he's gone and Mahomes is a bust so I can rub it in the faces of the outspoken dipshits on this cancer board.

And you can be sure that I will BigDaddyPussy.
And even if the worst case scenario hits, this franchise will still be out of one playoff win.

Wow, when it come to a franchise with the storied history of the Chiefs that will hurt.
[Reply]
rico 02:02 PM 08-18-2017
Brock Osweiler also threw 16 INTs and he didn't run for 5 TDs like Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith. Why didn't you mention that?

The most important stat is wins and losses and Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith has a proven track record in that regard.
Because I was talking about TD's. Just because Alex only threw 8 INT's doesn't mean that it is acceptable to throw for only 15 TD's in a season.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:03 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
You mean the TEAM has a proven track record of winning. Like many have said before, the defense & special teams have been as much, if not more, responsible for the team wins than Smith. Why didn't you mention that?
I agree football is a team game but when you look at Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith stats and his W-L record you gotta admit the guys style, for whatever reason, wins a lot of games.

Once again our D is nothing special. They weren't top 5 in ANY stat last year except takeaways and they let him down in that Colts playoff gm a few years ago.

Our D is not as special as a lot of you on here like to make it out to be. The potential is there though.

Agreed w special teams. I love our special teams. Props to our special teams coach because he is good.

Originally Posted by rico:
Because I was talking about TD's. Just because Alex only threw 8 INT's doesn't mean that it is acceptable to throw for only 15 TD's in a season.
He also ran for 5 TDs.

15+5 = 20 TDs. Not bad for his style of play. He plays it safe so he's not going to throw a ton of TDs. That's simply how he plays and it works for him.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:04 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Maybe just a preference thing, but I want a QB that throws over 23 or so TD's per year... I don't think that's too much to be wishing for. 15 TD's in a season is unacceptable. Brock Osweiler threw for as many TD's as our QB did last year...Brock...Osweiler.

So are TD's an overrated stat?
I never said that...but using Oswieler as a red-herring measuring stick is disingenuous.

Fans in Jacksonville are talking about Smith to the Jaguars...and they would make the play-offs. Bortles threw for 35 TDs/4400 yards in 2015...how would Smith improve them?

Turnovers are absolutely, hands down, the #1 determining factor in winning football games....its a proven fact. Smith is living proof. Momentum is a real thing. Davis's fumble against the Patriots led to at least a 10 point swing..they lost by 7.

As a fan..I dont want a 7-9 team with a QB that throws 35 TDs.
[Reply]
thegame214 02:05 PM 08-18-2017

If that's the most important stat why did we trade two first round picks for a QB? Wouldn't they better serve the "All I Do Is Win" agenda?
[Reply]
rico 02:05 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Shekelsteinberg:
I hope so, I can't wait to come back here when the team nosedives back into irrelevancy when he's gone and Mahomes is a bust so I can rub it in the faces of the outspoken dipshits on this cancer board.

And you can be sure that I will BigDaddyPussy.
I bet you'd be banned for that. There is a difference between fans of rival teams that come on here and talk smack to liven things up and fans of 1 player who come here and talk smack after said player is ancient history...simply because some of the "outspoken dipshits" didn't approve of their 15 TD in a season QB boo.
[Reply]
thegame214 02:06 PM 08-18-2017
I agree football is a team game but when you look at Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith stats and his W-L record you gotta admit the guys style, for whatever reason, wins a lot of games.

Once again our D is nothing special. They weren't top 5 in ANY stat last year except takeaways and they let him down in that Colts playoff gm a few years ago.

Our D is not as special as a lot of you on here like to make it out to be. The potential is there though.

Agreed w special teams. I love our special teams. Props to our special teams coach because he is good.
Our D didn't give up a single touchdown in the playoffs. It won the Atlanta game. Have you seen a Chiefs game?
[Reply]
notorious 02:07 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
Our D didn't give up a single touchdown in the playoffs. It won the Atlanta game. Have you seen a Chiefs game?
Your argument is sound, but save your breath, nOOb.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:08 PM 08-18-2017

:-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:08 PM 08-18-2017
Not bad for his style of play..
No one seriously said he was 'bad' , he just isnt great....quit being an idiot. 'not bad' isnt really the goal of what good teams strive for. stop it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:09 PM 08-18-2017

It's only a team game for losses. :-)
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:11 PM 08-18-2017
Have you seen a Chiefs game?
:-):-)

Welcome. You will fit in nicely around here.

rep

[Reply]
notorious 02:13 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
:-):-)

Welcome. You will fit in nicely around here.

rep

Wait, I thought we were supposed to drop the hammer on the nOObs no matter what their opinions are.

I am not good at being a meanie.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:14 PM 08-18-2017
Once again for 500th time, the Steelers scored on every drive except one when there were already in the redzone. They completely dominated our D except in the redzone and Bell ran for a 170 yds.

You want to see a dominant defensive performance check out a different game cause that certainly wasn't it.

Falcons gm Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith was amazing. He dominated the Falcons D. 21-25, 270 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 125 Rating

#ethered

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
It's only a team game for losses. :-)
It's a team game win or lose but Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith has clearly been a positive for us in that regard. You haters can't deny it.

If he wasn't Reid/Dorsey would have gotten rid of him by now. Lets not forget they gave Alex 'All I Do Is Win' Smith an extension not too long ago.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up