ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 25
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:49 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Alex is not being shopped around or he would not be playing the first half next preseason and they would be giving Mahomes reps with the first team in the game.

If Alex only plays a quarter then maybe it could be a sign but highly doubtful. Chiefs have no reason to trade Alex Smith this year. His job is to buy time for Patrick Mahomes II to make himself ready to be starting quarterback.
That's to showcase him a bit more to other teams

:-)
[Reply]
rico 11:52 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Season is a month away.

PM is being groomed.
Aight man. Short and to the point.
[Reply]
rico 11:53 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:

:-) That was my first thought, dude.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:56 AM 08-18-2017
Lol. The Alex Smith haters will believe anything.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:59 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:

Ha see then they are better off not showcasing his dinks and dunks. They'd be better off like they did last week give him a drive throwing to Tyreek and then benching his ass so he doesn't revert to being Alex Smith for two quarters playing it safe.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:03 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I don't believe the Chiefs are vying to trade him away not this season. After the season I think they surely will get something for him but we will need a backup quarterback next year ans still probably have Bray on the team just because he knows the plays.

Tyler Bray must have a secret recipe for BBQ chicken that Andy really likes.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:04 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I don't believe the Chiefs are vuying to trade him away not this season. After the season I think they surely will get something for him but we will need a backup quarterback next year ans still probably have Bray on the team just because he knows the plays.

Tyler Bray must have a secret recipe for BBQ chicken that Andy really likes.
Agreed
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:08 PM 08-18-2017
Exactly how many.... "haters".... believe it?
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:08 PM 08-18-2017
There is absolutely zero chance that the Chiefs trade Smith now, even for a 1st round pick, even if Mahomes is lights out in the preseason.

The most important thing is to give Mahomes the perfect conditions to develop, way more than being obsessed with getting a 1st round pick from an Alex Smith trade. And we know Reid is a rather conversative coach when it comes to young players. Plus, we know Mahomes still has some things to work on.

Having Alex Smith start this season with Mahomes learning from him as far as the importance of limiting mistakes and then having Mahomes start next year is just perfect in my opinion.

You guys are so excited about Mahomes starting this year but it could pose a risk to his development. Maybe he could throw a couple interceptions and have his confidence shaken.

Next year, his confidence will be stronger as he will have spent some time in the league already and will have worked on his deficiencies.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:11 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Exactly how many.... "haters".... believe it?
Shhh. Can't build a strawman with these types of questions.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:12 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
Yeah how would we ever replace those 15 touchdown passes that our fearless leader threw last year!
You're taking a big gamble with all the revenue from those AFC West Champions t-shirts, mister
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:14 PM 08-18-2017
Unless some team makes a crazy offer, this is not going to happen this year. PM isn't ready and the Chiefs eat at least $7.2M in dead money if a trade happened this season. (Not sure who would pick up the $2.5 roster bonuses in a trade.) Interesting note.....

Alex Smith 2017 Cap Hit: $16,900,000
Tom Brady 2017 Cap Hit: $14,000,000
[Reply]
rico 12:16 PM 08-18-2017
I'm almost certainly considered an Alex hater and I don't actually believe that we will trade him.

So I'm interested to see what your response is to Mr. Plow's question.
[Reply]
rico 12:16 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Unless some team makes a crazy offer, this is not going to happen this year. PM isn't ready and the Chiefs eat at least $7.2M in dead money if a trade happened this season. (Not sure who would pick up the $2.5 roster bonuses in a trade.) Interesting note.....

Alex Smith 2017 Cap Hit: $16,900,000
Tom Brady 2017 Cap Hit: $14,000,000
Holy shit...
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 12:19 PM 08-18-2017
610 is full of guys who smoke each others exhaust,

We all know that PMII is not NFL ready.
Reid isnt letting Smith go anywhere any time soon.

Just my opinion:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 25
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up