ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 25
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:40 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rumors circulating that Darnold might not even declare and Rosen is Kaepernick 2.0 per scouts.

The more time that goes by, the more likely I think the Chiefs could get a 1st from an extremely desperate team like the Jags.
Bradford got a 1st and a 4th. I would think even next year KC could get a 1st for Smith.

If I was KC I wouldn't do it unless somebody threw something amazing at me. It would have to be something to accept the risk starting Mahomes now would put both on Patrick himself and on the team at present.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:59 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
Normally I would agree with the kung fu/grasshopper shit but Alex has had 5 years and it's been 47 years and counting since a SB appearance. PMII!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We AIN'T WINNING THIS YEAR WITH ALEX so Why the fuck not?
What if putting Mahomes in there this year is too soon and it messes him up?

Do you want to wait another 47 years?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:01 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:

What if they offered 4 1st round picks? I know that's outrageous but my point is that there is a line where you make the trade, right?
[Reply]
kccrow 10:03 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Bradford got a 1st and a 4th. I would think even next year KC could get a 1st for Smith.

If I was KC I wouldn't do it unless somebody threw something amazing at me. It would have to be something to accept the risk starting Mahomes now would put both on Patrick himself and on the team at present.
If you want a 1st for Smith, now is the time to make it happen. He won't net a 1st in the offseason.

That said, I don't know that the Jags are in quite the desperation mode that Minnesota was last year. They have a guy under-performing, instead of a guy that just blew out his entire knee.

I will say that I'd fully trust Mahomes to equal Smith's production last season, but the caveat is whether or not he can keep the turnovers down right away.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:03 AM 08-18-2017
I can see it happening at the end of the season. Now? Don't think so. I'd be happy if we got a 2nd for him.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:05 AM 08-18-2017
What if they offered 4 1st round picks? I know that's outrageous but my point is that there is a line where you make the trade, right?
Is there anything worth ruining the first QBOTF you've drafted in 40 years and going back to retreads? Any move worth it if you destroy your possibly elite HOF QB? You tell me.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:05 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If you want a 1st for Smith, now is the time to make it happen. He won't net a 1st in the offseason.

That said, I don't know that the Jags are in quite the desperation mode that Minnesota was last year. They have a guy under-performing, instead of a guy that just blew out his entire knee.

I will say that I'd fully trust Mahomes to equal Smith's production last season, but the caveat is whether or not he can keep the turnovers down right away.
Circumstance was a relative factor in the Bradford trade. Maybe if Big Ben retires?
[Reply]
Sorce 10:06 AM 08-18-2017

If we don't ever start him he both sucks and is the GOAT at the same time. Schrodinger's Mahomes...
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:09 AM 08-18-2017
This has a less than zero chance of happening...CHunt wouldn't tank the season with 6 national games.

Reid wouldn't lose the LR for a draft pick...these talking heads are drama-tards.

Andy isn't going to do Smith dirty...not his style.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:10 AM 08-18-2017
Is there anything worth ruining the first QBOTF you've drafted in 40 years and going back to retreads? Any move worth it if you destroy your possibly elite HOF QB? You tell me.
Ruin him how? He isn't lining up behind David Carr's putrid offensive line.

He has weapons around him with an offense designed to get the ball out of his hands quickly.

I think too much is being put into this.

If the kid is proving in camp that he can read coverages and avoid too many turnovers, I think you're ok with starting him.

Decision for Reid to make. We'll see, but I doubt he gives Veach the green light to shop Smith just yet.
[Reply]
alanm 10:12 AM 08-18-2017
Has anyone ever pondered the thought that if they were to trade Smith and went with Mahomes they'd have Bray as a back up. The horrors if Mahomes went down.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:18 AM 08-18-2017
Circumstance was a relative factor in the Bradford trade. Maybe if Big Ben retires?
That one would be a big maybe. Pittsburgh doesn't have a track record of trading for retreads. I think they'd sit at the bottom of the first and rake in another big-bodied, big-armed QB like Mason Rudolph or Josh Allen.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:23 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by alanm:
Has anyone ever pondered the thought that if they were to trade Smith and went with Mahomes they'd have Bray as a back up. The horrors if Mahomes went down.
Or Mahomes could struggle.

I don't think Andy or Chunt would even think of trading Smith away and possibly sacrificing one of those all-important wild card game appearances.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:25 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I think too much is being put into this.
I don't.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 10:30 AM 08-18-2017
Never say never, nobody thought that we would move up 17 spots in the first round to draft Mahomes. Andy wants to win a Superbowl and he knows that his chances are dwindling and that Alex has his limitations. He traded McNabb to a division rival without any hesitation. If he got our first round pick back for Alex why wouldn't he jump on it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 25
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up