ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 25
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith being shopped around?
wutamess 07:47 AM 08-18-2017
I was listening to 610 on the radio this morning and they were gushing over PMII. They were mentioning that the Chiefs were possibly entertaining AS to Jacksonville because of their confidence in PHII. They said there were trade rumors yesterday regarding this situation so I thought I'd come on here and find something but... NOTHING!

You guys heard anything?
link if so?

They also played a Mike Vick interview of him talking about PMII and Vick spoke highly of him as well. I think the interview clip was of Vick on the Cowherd show.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:33 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
I don't know...how would he improve them? He probably wouldn't.

With Bortles, you can make the argument that he was much more negatively affected by the changing of offensive coordinators than Smith was early in his career. Because with Bortles there was a significant dip from 2015 to 2016... with Alex, he went from Shitty to Shitty to Shitty to Shitty to Shitty to Shitty.

In 2015, Bortles threw for 35 TD's with Gus Bradley as HC and Greg Olson as OC. In 2016, he threw for 23 TD's (8 more than your Alex) with Gus Bradley as HC and Nathaniel Hackett as OC.

And this year he has a different HC.
I was pointing out that your Osweiler comparison is bunk..Smith is an accurate/efficient/mobile QB that player the numbers game. Brock just sucks in every category.

I think the likelihood of it being a staff-compatibility thing with Bortles is much more likely than it was for Smith in his early years...due to the significant drop in production. Like I said, with Smith, there was no drop. He was constantly shitty until the playbook was watered down to work around his limitations.
I was pointing out that your comparison to Brock was bunk and without merit.

Smith is an accurate/efficient/mobile QB that understand the effects/big picture of turnovers. Osweiler is none of those things...he sucks at all three of those... and its why KC was 12-4 and Texans had to bribe Cleveland to get rid of him. Texans had the #1 defense too...all he had to do is "manage" the offense. If you put Smith on that team...they are a SB contender. See the difference?

Bortles is somewhat the same...dumb with a big arm. Interesting that Jag fans want Alex over a 35TD QB...
[Reply]
thegame214 02:34 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Why would the Jags trade for Smith? Have they completely lost faith in Bortles ever developing?
Yes
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:35 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I never said that...but using Oswieler as a red-herring measuring stick is disingenuous.

Fans in Jacksonville are talking about Smith to the Jaguars...and they would make the play-offs. Bortles threw for 35 TDs/4400 yards in 2015...how would Smith improve them?

Turnovers are absolutely, hands down, the #1 determining factor in winning football games....its a proven fact. Smith is living proof. Momentum is a real thing. Davis's fumble against the Patriots led to at least a 10 point swing..they lost by 7.

As a fan..I dont want a 7-9 team with a QB that throws 35 TDs.
Bortles racked those stats up in garbage time where he was basically chucking it up and his receivers were making the play. It was basically his entire film at UCF.

Bortles is, was and always will be fucking shit.
[Reply]
penbrook 02:35 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Good news.
This should bring all the Patrick fans to say fuck you Dorsey!!
[Reply]
rico 02:38 PM 08-18-2017
I was pointing out that your comparison to Brock was bunk and without merit.

Smith is an accurate/efficient/mobile QB that understand the effects/big picture of turnovers. Osweiler is none of those things...he sucks at all three of those... and its why KC was 12-4 and Texans had to bribe Cleveland to get rid of him. Texans had the #1 defense too...

Bortles is somewhat the same. Interesting that Jag fans want Alex over a 35TD QB...
Yeah Jags fans have no idea, the argument(s) and frustration they are asking for if that really is the case.

Listen, I meant nothing else by the Osweiler comment other than stating a fact...they both threw for the same amount of TD's.

Freaking Kaepernick threw for more TD's and half the amount of INT's last season compared to Alex. 16-4.

Alex has a great supporting cast.
[Reply]
thegame214 02:39 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Our defense doesn't really dominate teams per se, at least not good teams. It's all turnover based and is predicated on generating a pass rush. If they can't do that or if we are playing a great QB who isn't rattled by it, they have a hard time getting stops. Or as you stated, a team that can run the ball all over them like Pittsburgh is going to cause huge problems, because a team that can play ball control against them takes away their bread and butter.

'The defense won the Falcons game' made me chuckle though. I seem to remember the defense having them put away and then giving up 2 4th quarter touchdowns and needing a flukey INT return for 2 in order to pull that game out of their... hats
Would you prefer the defense won the Panthers game instead? Or is that laughable too with Alex's 178 yards and a pick?
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:45 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Bortles racked those stats up in garbage time where he was basically chucking it up and his receivers were making the play. It was basically his entire film at UCF.

Bortles is, was and always will be ****ing shit.
but 35 TDs.....THRITY FIVE. *CP logic*
[Reply]
ARROW2 02:46 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Yeah Jags fans have no idea, the argument(s) and frustration they are asking for if that really is the case.

Listen, I meant nothing else by the Osweiler comment other than stating a fact...they both threw for the same amount of TD's.

Freaking Kaepernick threw for more TD's and half the amount of INT's last season compared to Alex. 16-4.

Alex has a great supporting cast.

This fact alone is why we need to move on. Kaep can't even catch on with another team....lol but these Alexsexuals keep defending their boy until the end. He is what he is. Enjoy his training camp alleged training camp aggressiveness because that is the only place you will see it.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:46 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
The Falcons should have been super bowl champs, so for someone to say our D is nothing special, I'm just gonna have to disagree.
They make a lot of big plays, but play by play, in terms of dominating the other team by not surrendering yards and first downs, that isn't really what they do.
[Reply]
ARROW2 02:47 PM 08-18-2017
Mahomes vision on the move and arm is special. What does Alex do or have that is special? I'll wait.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:50 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
Mahomes vision on the move and arm is special. What does Alex do or have that is special? I'll wait.
Having the 3rd most wins in the NFL since he got here? gone 22-4? Beaten Manning/Brady/Wilson all in their SB years? 11-1 against the division? Led the biggest comeback in Chiefs history? Had a top 5 all time QB play-off performance? People act like that is easy to do...that Brock, Kaep or Bortles would have had the same success...they wouldn't.
[Reply]
thegame214 02:51 PM 08-18-2017
This fact alone is why we need to move on. Kaep can't even catch on with another team....lol but these Alexsexuals keep defending their boy until the end. He is what he is. Enjoy his training camp alleged training camp aggressiveness because that is the only place you will see it.
But but but.... he signs autographs at training camp. And his defense is "nothing special". Give Alex a break it's not like this is his 5th year here or anything... oh wait.... this is a quarterback WHO DIDNT THROW A TOUCHDOWN TO A WR FOR A FULL YEAR :-).
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:51 PM 08-18-2017
but 35 TDs.....THRITY FIVE. *CP logic*
I laughed and said Bortles was shit even while he was having that season.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:52 PM 08-18-2017
Mahomes has not proven that he is 'special' yet in anyway. Playing half of a preseason game does not make him great.

Hopefully he turns out to be the GOAT lets not get carried away here.
[Reply]
rico 02:53 PM 08-18-2017
He is really special at hiding his touchdowns!!! And setting up the punter, of course!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 25
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up