ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Marvez: No 'awkwardness' for Chiefs thanks to bonding of Alex Smith, Patrick Mahomes
Quesadilla Joe 07:10 AM 08-18-2017
Spoiler!

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...medium=twitter
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:54 AM 08-18-2017
Lynch fucking sucks
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 09:37 AM 08-18-2017
The benefit to having Smith on the team is he makes you good enough to see the light
at the end of the tunnel.
Which makes you go that extra mile to go after a first round QB to reach the threshold .

Smith has has been a benefit to this team and I give him credit for that.
I wouldn't object to him taking a backup contract and staying with the team if he is open to coasting out in KC until retirement.
_________
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:58 AM 08-18-2017
You just couldn't hope for a better incumbent QB than Smith in this situation.

Smith helped bring Kaepernick along, and he'll do the same with Mahomes. He's got a proven track record in this regard.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:59 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Smith helped bring Kaepernick along, and he'll do the same with Mahomes. He's got a proven track record in this regard.
I agree with you but I'm not sure 1 time does a proven track record make.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:59 AM 08-18-2017
Sure was nice of Alex to let Mahomes fuck his wife, too.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:01 AM 08-18-2017

I agree. There are many vets who will tell a rookie QB to fuck off.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:03 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I agree with you but I'm not sure 1 time does a proven track record make.
Fair enough. But it's a mirror to this exact circumstance, and I'm excited to see what Alex does for him.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:03 AM 08-18-2017
Fair enough. But it's a mirror to this exact circumstance, and I'm excited to see what Alex does for him.
I agree.
[Reply]
Color Red 10:32 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
The benefit to having Smith on the team is he makes you good enough to see the light
Which makes you go that extra mile to go after a first round QB to reach the threshold .

I wouldn't object to him taking a backup contract and staying with the team if he is open to coasting out in KC until retirement.
_________
I always remind myself of how turnover prone we were (Matt Cassel) before Smith came. He really helped us to be competitive and become a playoff caliber team.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:48 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by 65TPT:

_________
I think that there maybe a possibility that if Alex Smith doesn't play like Alex Smith this year and he actually is part of why we go the playoffs not just letting defense and special teams do all the work, that the Chiefs would have an open competition for the starting job between Alex Smith the incumbent and Patrick Mahomes II the challenger with Patrick just beating him outright.

Then Alex would be a backup but finish out his contract or possible trade to a QB hungry team.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 10:52 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I think that there maybe a possibility that if Alex Smith doesn't play like Alex Smith this year and he actually is part of why we go the playoffs not just letting defense and special teams do all the work, that the Chiefs would have an open competition for the starting job between Alex Smith the incumbent and Patrick Mahomes II the challenger with Patrick just beating him outright.

Then Alex would be a backup but finish out his contract or possible trade to a QB hungry team.
I don't think there is any chance plays out his contract in KC unless his contract is reworked.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:43 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Sure was nice of Alex to let Mahomes **** his wife, too.
That's not funny at all. Have some class.

Football is a game, it is entertainment.. If you can't handle a QB no being elite, if that makes you hate him personally for some odd psychotic reason watch another sport.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:48 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

Football is a game, it is entertainment.. If you can't handle a QB no being elite, if that makes you hate him personally for some odd psychotic reason watch another sport.
It's not entertaining to watch the Chiefs tread water for four years with a guy who isn't just "not elite" but who wasn't even average last year.

So I get my entertainment by shitting on him.

Hope you're entertained.
[Reply]
rico 11:50 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

You're right...it's not funny. Alex's wife isn't really all that hot. I'm sure Chief Mahomey could rake in way hotter women than her. Very low shot at Mahomes there by Clay, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up