ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Get Robocalled? Then get paid $$$
TribalElder 08:44 PM 08-17-2017
https://www.rmgtcpasettlement.com/Landing.aspx

Cruise line robo call class action lawsuit. If your number is listed you get $300 per call max of 3 calls ($900) per number

I checked the site and my number was listed. Likely won't pay out until next year but 3-9 hundred for 5 minutes work is pretty good. You can check your number on the link above, if it is included you will get a chance to fill out the forms to get paid.

Good Luck :-)

More info http://www.syracuse.com/business-new...ettlement.html
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:30 PM 08-17-2017
Not a chance that anyone is getting $300. Probably $5, but hey, it's still $5.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:33 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
why do you say that? You are just guessing, right? No chance, how do you know for sure?

edit: disregard the above.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:39 PM 08-17-2017
Wife's number was on there (and she remembered getting those calls). I doubt it'll be anywhere near $300, but whatever. Money's money for the amount of effort required.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:46 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
why do you say that? You are just guessing, right? No chance, how do you know for sure?
Basically, there's a cap on the amount they'll pay out. The article mentions $12.5 million as the most the whole thing could cost the company, and the form mentions attorney's fees and such coming out before the payout. So let's assume that they'll pay out a cap of $10 million. That means that if more than 33,333 people file a claim, the amount will start dropping.

Given how common this seems to be based on the number in this thread mentioning their numbers, it's safe to assume that a TON of people are out there who were called. Just to have a number to play with, let's assume 25% of households have a family member who was called. That means that there are roughly 60 million households that could qualify for this.

So basically, it depends on how many people hear about it and file a claim. But it's probably safe to assume that it'll be much more than 33,333.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:48 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Basically, there's a cap on the amount they'll pay out. The article mentions $12.5 million as the most the whole thing could cost the company, and the form mentions attorney's fees and such coming out before the payout. So let's assume that they'll pay out a cap of $10 million. That means that if more than 33,333 people file a claim, the amount will start dropping.

Given how common this seems to be based on the number in this thread mentioning their numbers, it's safe to assume that a TON of people are out there who were called. Just to have a number to play with, let's assume 25% of households have a family member who was called. That means that there are roughly 60 million households that could qualify for this.

So basically, it depends on how many people hear about it and file a claim. But it's probably safe to assume that it'll be much more than 33,333.

Oh okay - I was half assedly reading the thread and watching a movie - thanks for explaining the details - i won't bother wasting my time then.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:55 PM 08-17-2017
My understanding was 300 dollars per call offense with a max cap of 3 calls / 900 dollars

Probably won't pay out until late next year though . Even if it's only a few Hundred, it's free money
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:13 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I don't know about that. These class action lawsuits generally don't pay out all that much, but a co-worker of mine got something in the mail a while back about one regarding Directv, he sent it in and ended up getting over $500 from it. Hell I probably got the same thing and threw it away.

So never say never.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10:14 PM 08-17-2017
White, middle America looking for handouts on CP
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:16 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
That slut! I thought I was the only one she called :-)
Nope and Veronica calls me too!
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:29 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I don't know about that. These class action lawsuits generally don't pay out all that much, but a co-worker of mine got something in the mail a while back about one regarding Directv, he sent it in and ended up getting over $500 from it. Hell I probably got the same thing and threw it away.

So never say never.
DaFace gave a pretty solid rundown of what it would take to get a $300 payout and I think his analysis is probably optimistic. I'm very doubtful that the amount in the pool approaches $10M and I'm extremely doubtful that there will be less than 33K respondents. I imagine this is going to start popping up Facebook and the like in the coming days. Who knows though? Maybe I'm just bitter because my number isn't on the list.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:33 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss:
Lewdog is black and lives in AZ.

And don't act like you didn't go check your phone number.
[Reply]
thabear04 11:05 PM 08-17-2017
I know I had got calls and I hear a ship horn saying I won a free cruise. But nothing comes up when I enter my number.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:01 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by thabear04:
I know I had got calls and I hear a ship horn saying I won a free cruise. But nothing comes up when I enter my number.
A year or two ago I was getting this all the time. It was the first spam call I ever received repeatedly on my mobile number.

Now there are all sorts. Extend auto warranty, don't miss chance for cheaper credit interest rate, school loans blah blah. It's really annoying.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:19 AM 08-18-2017
I'm on the list. Too bad it's capped at 3 calls. There for a while I was getting 3 calls a day from those assholes.
[Reply]
loochy 05:16 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss:
I only support it because it punishes assholes that are dregs on society.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up