ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How do we save ChiefsPlanet?
TLO 10:47 PM 08-16-2017
I've said this before, and I think it bares repeating - the only good/real football talk that goes on around here is in the chatroom on gameday, and in the draft sub forum.

I personally gave up a long time ago trying to have productive conversations in threads for a few reasons;

1. I got tired of being a "****ing moron" or "butt ****ing mongoloid" when I didn't agree with someone's asinine take. I have a decent amount of football knowledge, and I enjoy discussing it with others in chat on Sundays.

2. The mega threads are not easy to keep a conversation going in. I could reply to someone, go back to work for an hour or two, and our conversation has already been ruined by the typical "Alex Smith sucks" or "Alex is the best" crowd.

3. The Alex Smith fanboys and the Alex Smith haters derail threads all the damn time. What's the point about trying to have a conversation about the TE position when SweetDaddyHate or another will chime in about "who cares who our TEs are, won't ever matter because Alex is our QB - lololololol"

I love this place, I really do. And maybe in a weird way by starting stupid threads all the time and poking fun at Dane on occasion, I'm just trying to lighten the mood around here. (Though I've recently stopped starting so many threads, as well as poking fun at Dane)

Idk what the answer is to the problems Chiefsplanet is having, but I'd like to be part of the solution.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:17 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles:
So today is Chiefs Planet's Birthday? Should we change the top banner or something?
Either today or sometime in the last few days... I joined on 8/17/2000 and it took me a few days to commit to coming over from the Star.
[Reply]
Predarat 06:27 AM 08-17-2017
This thread is a great start as well as the DaFace thread about going away from Mega Threads when it comes to Chiefs Discussion, and leaving the Mega Threads to things more off topic, such as college teams, other sports such as NBA, NHL, Soccer, non local NCAA ect.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:29 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
I'm not suggesting anything you butt fucking mongoloid. Go jerk off to an Alex Smith 3rd and 9 two yard completion to Albert Wilson GIF and then tell me we should have cut Maclin.

I bet you don't even have a sweet motorcycle. Fuck off

Record music and voice >>
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:48 AM 08-17-2017
Totally agree. We give our Chiefs about about the same amount of attention around here as the national media does on ESPN, very little. I honestly think our forum threads could be a SNL joke, but unfortunately our Chiefs are so irrelevant that SNL wouldn't care to make a joke about them.

Resolution should be for us members to go out of our way to each post a new FOOTBALL related thread with a note/callsign/# promoting the CP turnaround....hopefully threads are something more thought out than Alex vs Mahomes. Second suggestion would be for CP Mods to be tasked with the creating of more post worthy threads to keep the conversation on football throughout the week? Monkey see, Monkey do.

...but yeah, even my gf laughs at the lack of football threads on this forum when she reads over my shoulder.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:18 AM 08-17-2017
when I joined many years ago, this was my go to place for all Chiefs information /news and NFL News. Now, I primarily go here for the LULZ. Endless arguments of opinion is exhausting to read through.

Poster A: "I like the Color Blue"
Poster B: ":-) yeah, because Blue has always been 2nd place to Green. ****ing idiot"

I have opinions of players, but mainly keep them to myself. I see with my own eyes and form my opinion. Some internet dork pulling up stats from 1991 to prove some "point", isn't going to change my opinion. For example, I think Smith is an average-to-good QB. I don't think we'll get to, or win a SB with him Period. No amount of posts to the contrary or stats will make me all of a sudden think "you know what?....you're right. he IS awesome. I stand corrected". After watching him for years, my opinion is formed. It doesn't mean I'm right, but it's my opinion. However, I do like having civil discussions with knowledgeable folks on here, even if we disagree. The problem is, other posters chime in an derail it to a shit show so I don't really bother anymore. I like talking with Dane, OTWP, Sorter....several others.

I try not to engage in the endless Smith threads/posts, but admit I sometimes will just from a sarcastic posting standpoint....and I feel dirty about that.

now with smartphones, twitter, Facebook, alerts, apps etc....I can get the same news I used to get 14 years ago without even logging into CP. I mainly come here for laughs and the personas of several posters.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:33 AM 08-17-2017
I think it's as simple as saying, "you can not please everyone."

just can't.

A large % of posters prefer CP over other sites because it allows people far more freedom to be more obnoxious, disruptive to topics, crude, and insulting.. versus what other sites allow. THis was pointed out by people here as a source of pride.

The other % of posters may want CP to be a place where threads stay on topic, don't have others throwing out constant insults, or forcing agenda-accusations on others. Threads that keep things on the football (or other advertised) topic, instead of instantly making things contentious and personal of posters and not post content.

Can't please everyone...
[Reply]
notorious 07:34 AM 08-17-2017
Laughs and and some inside news. That's what CP is to me, too, Dayze.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:38 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Predarat:
This thread is a great start as well as the DaFace thread about going away from Mega Threads when it comes to Chiefs Discussion, and leaving the Mega Threads to things more off topic, such as college teams, other sports such as NBA, NHL, Soccer, non local NCAA ect.
Yeah, for me, two things would really improve it.

Increase the usable chiefs talk by getting rid of megathreads for anything Chiefs or NFL related.

Reign in the people who mainly spend their time shredding other posters and spewing profanity and insults toward everyone. Basic civility should be expected, like this were a backyard BBQ or something.

The climate would improve a lot and be more football oriented, I think.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:53 AM 08-17-2017
People have been lamenting the end of Chiefsplanet since Endlet and Mr. Blonde left. There have been some tough times because of mods decisions but thats eventually reined in or fixed. It's always an ebb and flow.

Two sides going against a Chiefs related issue have been happening forever. There has always been the fighting derailing threads. Maybe more so with Smith but its always been there.

Best idea I've heard so far.....

Ending the Chiefs related megatheads would help. It would help posters find and comment on a specific part of Chiefs related information.
[Reply]
TLO 09:46 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Probably just need more threads where you stalk xztop.... you know, the good old days. Whatever happened to your classic ask a black guy threads? You have failed us Smokey
:-)

Personally I think my gunt thread was the best.
[Reply]
Spott 09:54 AM 08-17-2017
Tags
[Reply]
tooge 10:14 AM 08-17-2017
A good start would be for Clay to bring back Gif'd up IMO. Those brought on good discussion because it was right there for everyone to see. Other than that, you might just have to ignore the alex haters and alex ball washers for another year or two.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:17 AM 08-17-2017
Oh, it's the annual "CP is going downhill!!1!!!11! How can we change it!!!1!!1!" thread.
[Reply]
notorious 08-17-2017, 10:19 AM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Bugeater 10:21 AM 08-17-2017
This place would be great if we could get rid of all the buttfucking morons.
[Reply]
notorious 10:22 AM 08-17-2017
Welcome back BRC!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up