ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How do we save ChiefsPlanet?
TLO 10:47 PM 08-16-2017
I've said this before, and I think it bares repeating - the only good/real football talk that goes on around here is in the chatroom on gameday, and in the draft sub forum.

I personally gave up a long time ago trying to have productive conversations in threads for a few reasons;

1. I got tired of being a "****ing moron" or "butt ****ing mongoloid" when I didn't agree with someone's asinine take. I have a decent amount of football knowledge, and I enjoy discussing it with others in chat on Sundays.

2. The mega threads are not easy to keep a conversation going in. I could reply to someone, go back to work for an hour or two, and our conversation has already been ruined by the typical "Alex Smith sucks" or "Alex is the best" crowd.

3. The Alex Smith fanboys and the Alex Smith haters derail threads all the damn time. What's the point about trying to have a conversation about the TE position when SweetDaddyHate or another will chime in about "who cares who our TEs are, won't ever matter because Alex is our QB - lololololol"

I love this place, I really do. And maybe in a weird way by starting stupid threads all the time and poking fun at Dane on occasion, I'm just trying to lighten the mood around here. (Though I've recently stopped starting so many threads, as well as poking fun at Dane)

Idk what the answer is to the problems Chiefsplanet is having, but I'd like to be part of the solution.
[Reply]
eDave 10:49 PM 08-16-2017
There's no problem here.
[Reply]
TLO 10:50 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
There's no problem here.
How so? I'd be interested to hear why you feel that way, friend.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:50 PM 08-16-2017
part of the problem is that everyone here has seen so much football there doesn't seem to be much to talk about.
[Reply]
TLO 10:52 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
part of the problem is that everyone here has seen so much football there doesn't seem to be much to talk about.
I understand what you're trying to say, but every year the Chiefs have a draft, they bring in free agents, they let people go, etc.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:53 PM 08-16-2017
Stepping up is the first step and I like seeing you've done so.
[Reply]
TLO 10:54 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Stepping up is the first step and I like seeing you've done so.
Thanks Simply Red. I really do appreciate that.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 10:56 PM 08-16-2017
Alex Smith sucks the best.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:56 PM 08-16-2017
You know how they say marriage was not formed in contemplation of our burgeoning lifespans?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:56 PM 08-16-2017
Ummm. This is what CP has always been. Pretty decent football talk that is still around, mods and admins are trying to rectify megathreads, and there has always been shitslinging.

I manage to talk football when it hasn't degraded to Smith talk and don't get called a buttfucking moron.

Cue 30 posts calling me a buttfucking moron in 3,2,1...go!
[Reply]
TLO 10:58 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You know how they say marriage was not formed in contemplation of our burgeoning lifespans?
No, I have no clue what you're saying, but you seem nice to me.
[Reply]
shitgoose 10:58 PM 08-16-2017
I'm told that consuming vast quantities of antifreeze is the key to resolving any CP related issues.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:59 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Ummm. This is what CP has always been. Pretty decent football talk that is still around, mods and admins are trying to rectify megathreads, and there has always been shitslinging.

I manage to talk football when it hasn't degraded to Smith talk and don't get called a butt****ing moron.

Cue 30 posts calling me a butt****ing moron in 3,2,1...go!
Don't worry you're not alone...
[Reply]
TLO 11:03 PM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I manage to talk football when it hasn't degraded to Smith talk and don't get called a butt****ing moron.
This is the stuff I'm talking about. I gave up talking football, and basically went rogue for a time (getting myself banned purposefully just to give a few people around here a chuckle)

There's just no way to moderate the crowd of Alexdebaters that find their way into every thread seemingly.

I think DaFace is onto something about killing the mega threads. Time will tell.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:04 PM 08-16-2017
This board was created 17 years ago today. As early as 2003 some of us thought it was starting to go to hell. 14 years later, it hasn't got there yet. :-)

Hell, with the new mod team in place, it's actually in better shape now than ever.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Up