ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Thor: Ragnarok
Bowser 11:09 AM 04-10-2017

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:50 PM 04-11-2017
Justice League and this around the same time. Exciting...I enjoyed the other Thor's and this looks like the best

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
beach tribe 04:09 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My wife thinks the '66 corvette and the early 90's Vipers are stupid looking.

I'm really not sure why she's still around.
There's lots of reasons to keep women around.

Their opinions have never been one of them.
[Reply]
beach tribe 04:34 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I can buy that. Vision uses the mind stone in his forehead to blast energy so maybe they've all got some destructive capabilities.

I guess we'll find out..

This all really makes me wonder if Thanos will ever get his hands on all six stones at once. It seems he'd be unstoppable then so I doubt it. I can't wait to see how this all shakes out.
To truly tell Thanos' story, and do the Infinity storyline
justice, the stones will have to be brought together.

And, Yes, he will be unstoppable, which would be allow the writers to shine the light on one of his most defining
characteristics.
The only one who has ever been ultimately responsible for his downfall.....Is himself...
He has never been defeated at the height of his power by force

I don't wanna get too deep about a comic villain, but many people, readers IRL and characters in the stories as well have speculated that it's the pain of rejection throughout his life, from a young child all the way to falling in love with death that drives his hunger for power, but deep down, he never really wanted it.

Warlock explains it to him a CPL times and he contemplates in the closing pages of The Infinity Gauntlet.

Edit: I was thrilled to read that Kevin feige had said that Infinity War part 1 was basically fences movie.
It will pretty much be his movie, and he will be the main character in it.

I have always said that a hero is only as good as the villain he's facing and this guy is the villain of all villains.
[Reply]
beach tribe 04-11-2017, 04:51 PM
This message has been deleted by beach tribe.
beach tribe 05:07 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think all the stones have that kind of raw destructive potential within them, they just focus their power through whatever conduit operates them. That's the power of billions upon billions of souls blasting through Asgard and crushing Mjolnir. That's why when they are all mounted on an Infinity Gauntlet the wearer automatically becomes the most powerful entity in the universe....
Ehhhh.
Energy projections, can be produced by any stone that is true.
But the powers that they possess are extremely different.
The reason that omnipotence can be obtained by having them all is that they work together and expand each's potential.

Possessing one stone can give you power over the aspects that it controls in a specific way, but when combined with other gems the ways that those powers can be utilized expands exponentially.
For example:

The tesseract, or space gem, can allow the wielder to travel anywhere in the universe.
It was used to open a portal for the chitauri to come to Earth.

The gem in Loki's staff was the mind gym.
It allowed Loki to control the minds of Hawkeye and the scientist.

Combined with the time gem from Dr Strange.

And the soul gem that has not been revealed,

The user could be aware of every living entity anywhere in the universe know his every thought and everything he had ever done and anything he will ever do.

Basically omnipresent, and omniscient.

That's just one combo capability.

But the combo capabilities are pretty much, well, infinite.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:16 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
I'd rather they just tell planet hulk as sub plot throughout the final stages of the big storyline playing out in the next CPL/few films and set the stage for a WWH standalone after IW wraps up.
Maybe. I liked Planet Hulk better than WWH though, and there is no way they can do it justice as a subplot in a single movie. Across multiple movies, maybe. I would still have doubts, but we'll see.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:20 PM 04-11-2017
I've been hearing a lot about Heimdall and the soul stone. Maybe he has it and it enables him to see everyone and everything in the 9 realms.

Loki even asked Heimdall if Odin feared him with all his power . Who would Odin have to fear but someone wielding an infinity stone?
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:21 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think all the stones have that kind of raw destructive potential within them, they just focus their power through whatever conduit operates them. That's the power of billions upon billions of souls blasting through Asgard and crushing Mjolnir. That's why when they are all mounted on an Infinity Gauntlet the wearer automatically becomes the most powerful entity in the universe....
And Just to reiterate, a user that could handle it, could pull off what you described with the power stone alone.
It's the muscle in the bunch.

Someone with the guantlet would not need to do anything like that.

With but a split second thought, asgard will have never existed, if the wielder wishes it.

Thanos killed off half of the life in the enire Universe with but a thought to please mistress death
[Reply]
unlurking 05:24 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've been hearing a lot about Heimdall and the soul stone. Maybe he has it and it enables him to see everyone and everything in the 9 realms.

Loki even asked Heimdall if Odin feared him with all his power . Who would Odin have to fear but someone wielding an infinity stone?
I liked this read on it...

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/11/...hela-heimdall/
[Reply]
Rausch 11:15 PM 04-11-2017
Super pumped for this.

Also, Hulk looks much bigger (and thicker) in this.

Apparently there were comments that Hulk would be much more intelligent and "basically a God" in Ragnarok.
[Reply]
-King- 04:50 AM 04-12-2017
I'm not a comic book reader and I admit I'm getting comic book movied out at this point so take this with a grain of salt, but this looks shitty. Even though I'm not the biggest comic book movie fan right now, I like the GotG trailer and the Spiderman trailer was cool (even though I felt they revealed far too much) but this trailer looks shitty to me, just like the other two Thor movies. Just too childish and cheesy for me.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:07 AM 04-12-2017
The Thor movies are about Asgardian shit man. They're supposed to be the cheesiest of the cheesy.

I'm glad they're this way because there's only so many "save earth and/or people on earth" storylines you can do.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:59 AM 04-12-2017

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:00 AM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
The Thor movies are about Asgardian shit man. They're supposed to be the cheesiest of the cheesy.

I'm glad they're this way because there's only so many "save earth and/or people on earth" storylines you can do.
Yeah, it's like a bridge between Flash Gordon and The Fifth Element.

Cheesy, sumptuous, silly and badass.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:45 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, it's like a bridge between Flash Gordon...
This is exactly what I thought.

80's FG and not the old school stuff.

This wasn't supposed to look like GOTG - it was meant to resemble Flash Gordon...

[Reply]
Rausch 09:01 AM 04-15-2017
Hearing rumors that Goldbloom isn't toppled like in the comix but he "expels them after being dissatisfied."

This coming from a spanish language site...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up