ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Okay, so WHAT exactly is so goddamn great about the 2018 QB class?
RealSNR 08:57 AM 04-09-2017
I see a loooooot of question marks here. A bunch of guys who would be 3rd or 4th rounders in THIS draft class if they declared this year. A bunch of these dudes are so young they might not even declare for the draft. And finally, we got a bunch of spread QBs who.... [gasp!]... need time to acclimate to an NFL pro style offense and develop the footwork and timing of taking snaps under center.

I see Sam Darnold. That's great. There's your #1 overall. IF HE FUCKING DECLARES, THAT IS. I see Josh Rosen, who looked good in 2015 but could wind up as another Christian Hackenburg who never puts it all together. And I see a bunch of dried cum with question marks, JUST LIKE THIS QB DRAFT CLASS.

Here's how Walter Football has them ranked:

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Rosen, UCLA
3. Luke Falk, Washington State
4. Josh Allen, Wyoming
5. Jarrett Stidham, Auburn
6. Nick Fitzgerald, Mississippi State
7. Chase Litton, Marshall
8. Riley Ferguson, Memphis

COULD this be an awesome and deep draft class for QBs? Yes, absoutely. No question about it. But guess what. There's an equal chance that this QB class flames out and looks just as bad as the 2013 class, particularly if Sam Darnold doesn't declare.

People who bitch about the 2017 class don't fucking get it. They think if there's no true top end QB, that means they all suck. What do the Chiefs fucking care about the quality of the top guys in a given QB draft class? We're not going to be in a position to draft them!

Again, let me say this slowly, so the retards and assholes can hear me:

In ANY GIVEN DRAFT CLASS, the top QB prospects with the best resumes and attributes are irrelevant to the QB draft needs of the Chiefs. The Chiefs have zero shot at picking any of them. The worst teams with the biggest QB needs will draft all of these players before Dorsey can even begin to pick up the goddamn phone to call and move up.

Tell me what we gain from NOT drafting a QB in 2017 so we can draft Josh Allen, Jarrett Stidham, or Chase fucking Litton in 2018, a FULL YEAR LONGER where Alex Smith is the only fucking thing we have at QB.
[Reply]
Best22 07:54 PM 04-09-2017
Lets give up our next ten first round draft picks (expect 2018) so we can draft number 1 overall in the 2018 draft...

I have a feeling there's another Derek Carr in this draft. Hate to miss out on that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:55 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Or you could show up at the restaraunt and find out that she's been using 5 year old pictures on her dating profile and she's just as fat as the other girls. Except now you're spending more money and waiting more time for exactly the same girl.
Great, so the Chiefs QB hunt is going to be a never-ending slampig quest. We're just going to sack up with whatever pussy throws itself our way and hope it starts working out and eating right.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:56 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
Since when are you an NFL scout? I trust drinking water in Mexico more than I trust your football takes.
Granted I have been absolutely terrible at judging QBs. But this time, a lot of people agree with me.

However, given my history, the Chiefs should ABSOLUTELY drafted Pat Mahomes. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:00 PM 04-09-2017
Seriously though. People literally want us to draft Rich Gannon II or The Black Alex Smith. And in this corner, leading the pack, the Texas edition of Geno Smith. I can't believe anyone here is on board with these players. I just smacks of desperation. And Kizer is a 4th round pick at best.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:06 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
Great, so the Chiefs QB hunt is going to be a never-ending slampig quest. We're just going to sack up with whatever pussy throws itself our way and hope it starts working out and eating right.
The point is that we see zero evidence that the 3rd or 4th best QB in 2018 is better than the 1st or 2nd best QB in 2017, and we'd be spending a FUCK TON more trying to get the 2018 guy.

If you're a QB and you get drafted outside the top 5, something was wrong with you. You've got a red flag on your ass that the team you're drafted by is going to have to either iron out with coaching or pray that it's an overblown red flag.

You can bet your ass that if we pass on a 2017 guy for somebody in 2018, he's going to come with a red flag just like these guys. And it's possible we won't be able to choose the red flag that accompanies him like we can this year. That's one good thing about 2017's QB class from the Chiefs' perspective--- we would get to pick our poison.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:08 PM 04-09-2017
Let me know when virgins start picking out 10s to break their cherries.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:12 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The point is that we see zero evidence that the 3rd or 4th best QB in 2018 is better than the 1st or 2nd best QB in 2017, and we'd be spending a FUCK TON more trying to get the 2018 guy.
You can't even make that judgment right now because those players aren't fully developed.

What we do know is that there will absolutely be 4 or 5 first round quarterbacks in 2018, guys who are DEFINITELY worth that pick.

Meanwhile this class is touted as a bunch of jagoffs who could go in the 2nd or 3rd if everything fell a certain way. They're that uninspiring.

You're all desperate. I'm sad to say it but I think this is where I part ways with QB1 Death Cult. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm not drinking the koolaid again.

That said if we draft White Chocolate Geno I'll certainly give him a chance.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:29 PM 04-09-2017

What we do know is that there will absolutely be 4 or 5 first round quarterbacks in 2018, guys who are DEFINITELY worth that pick.
LOL. Who are they, and what fucking hope to the Chiefs have of drafting them if they're so fucking great?

We MIGHT have a shot at a quality first round QB if Josh Rosen proves he's not another Christian Hackenburg clown. I'm rather skeptical of that at the moment. And that would require a ton of trade up ammo to go get our Lucas Falk.

Here's what I'd rather do: take advantage of the insane all-around depth that this draft class offers. Keep as many or acquire MORE draft picks in 2017 and take quality players. If the right QB doesn't fall to our spot in 2017, then worry about 2018 next year. But don't give up 2017 picks in a KNOWN awesome draft class for unknown shit a year from now.

Trade 2019 picks to move up in 2018 if you love the QBs that much.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:34 PM 04-09-2017
So we're trading for next year for a so called great class? It's Sam Darnold and hype players.

Josh Allen threw 15 INT's in a shitty conference and Josh Rosen doesn't look like anything special right now. In fact, the guy has barely been able to stay at 60% completion rate. In 231 attempts as a sophomore, his completion rate went down to a 59%.

Darnold is the only goddamned one that would be worth selling the farm for and its a 0% chance to move up to first overall.

You're equating this to waiting for hot women? These hot girls waiting at the bar 5 blocks down the road are actually 1 hot chick surrounded by chubby bitches who took face only photos to fool you into spending a $50 cover just to get in.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:35 PM 04-09-2017
Funny how Clay gives us his perspective on football players when he's wrong 9 times out of 9
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:42 PM 04-09-2017
But don't give up 2017 picks in a KNOWN awesome draft class for unknown shit a year from now.
When it's all said and done, I believe the 2018 QB class is going to be quite comparable to the 2004 QB class.

Look at it this way. Would you give up Larry Johnson, Junior Siavii, Derrick Johnson and Dustin Colquitt for Ben Roethlisbeger, Eli Manning or Philip Rivers? Hell yes you would.

Now you might end up with JP Losman or Matt Schaub instead. That's just a risk you're going to have to take.

But even those options are a hell of a lot more appealing than blowing your load the year before on Kyle Boller, just because, you know, you didn't have to give up too much for him.

I just think you guys have beer goggles for Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:44 PM 04-09-2017
When it's all said and done, I believe the 2018 QB class is going to be quite comparable to the 2004 QB class.
EVIDENCE!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:47 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Funny how Clay gives us his perspective on football players when he's wrong 9 times out of 9
I'm literally advocating for another unchallenged year under center for your shit-for-brains pussy checkdown artist.

You better be getting down your hands and knees and being my best friend, bub.

I'm one of the very few de facto allies you've got in 2017, because I'd wager 3/4 of this board wants to see Patrick Mahomes rip off Alex Smith's head and shit down his neck.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:48 PM 04-09-2017
EVIDENCE!
Aside from just a gut feeling, the fact that most draftniks had all those guys tabbed as 2018 first round picks BEFORE the 2016 season says a lot. They're going to be even stronger prospects by the time this December rolls around.

Or you know, there's the guy with 13 starts. GO GET HIM INSTEAD!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:57 PM 04-09-2017
Short of getting an absolute STEAL for the 2018 1-1... I firmly believe that KC should pick up a QB this season should Trubiski (HA!), Kizer, or Mahomes be available to them at 27 or a reasonable trade up.

If they aren't available... start looking for DJ's replacement and/or someone to take play behind Maclin for a year before we inevitably move on as he will be a cap friendly cut in 2018.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up