ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Okay, so WHAT exactly is so goddamn great about the 2018 QB class?
RealSNR 08:57 AM 04-09-2017
I see a loooooot of question marks here. A bunch of guys who would be 3rd or 4th rounders in THIS draft class if they declared this year. A bunch of these dudes are so young they might not even declare for the draft. And finally, we got a bunch of spread QBs who.... [gasp!]... need time to acclimate to an NFL pro style offense and develop the footwork and timing of taking snaps under center.

I see Sam Darnold. That's great. There's your #1 overall. IF HE FUCKING DECLARES, THAT IS. I see Josh Rosen, who looked good in 2015 but could wind up as another Christian Hackenburg who never puts it all together. And I see a bunch of dried cum with question marks, JUST LIKE THIS QB DRAFT CLASS.

Here's how Walter Football has them ranked:

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Rosen, UCLA
3. Luke Falk, Washington State
4. Josh Allen, Wyoming
5. Jarrett Stidham, Auburn
6. Nick Fitzgerald, Mississippi State
7. Chase Litton, Marshall
8. Riley Ferguson, Memphis

COULD this be an awesome and deep draft class for QBs? Yes, absoutely. No question about it. But guess what. There's an equal chance that this QB class flames out and looks just as bad as the 2013 class, particularly if Sam Darnold doesn't declare.

People who bitch about the 2017 class don't fucking get it. They think if there's no true top end QB, that means they all suck. What do the Chiefs fucking care about the quality of the top guys in a given QB draft class? We're not going to be in a position to draft them!

Again, let me say this slowly, so the retards and assholes can hear me:

In ANY GIVEN DRAFT CLASS, the top QB prospects with the best resumes and attributes are irrelevant to the QB draft needs of the Chiefs. The Chiefs have zero shot at picking any of them. The worst teams with the biggest QB needs will draft all of these players before Dorsey can even begin to pick up the goddamn phone to call and move up.

Tell me what we gain from NOT drafting a QB in 2017 so we can draft Josh Allen, Jarrett Stidham, or Chase fucking Litton in 2018, a FULL YEAR LONGER where Alex Smith is the only fucking thing we have at QB.
[Reply]
-King- 06:54 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
USC, Washington State and Wyoming have never had a QB worth a shit in the NFL.

Guess we should pass on the 2018 QB class!
Carson Palmer
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:59 PM 04-09-2017
One. Awesome.
[Reply]
O.city 07:00 PM 04-09-2017
At this point last year, Watson was a shoe in to be the first overall pick.

If they feel there's a guy they can develop and he's there at 27, go for it. If not, dont.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:01 PM 04-09-2017
So what Clay is saying that we should trade out of this year's first round and then give up that pick, next year's first and a first in 2019. Looking at past trades....it's going to take more than that. So you're willing to give up two first round players (plus more) for a gamble on QB instead of having all of those players on this team and gambling on a QB this year.
[Reply]
O.city 07:02 PM 04-09-2017
That's a shit load of cheap talent your giving up on. Makes the guy you trade up for that much more important.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:08 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's a shit load of cheap talent your giving up on. Makes the guy you trade up for that much more important.
It also means we need to do better than the 3rd best QB in next year's draft. Way better.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:12 PM 04-09-2017
Would you rather have:

A) Trubisky/Kizer/Mahomes

B) Falk/Allen/Rudolph - 2017 1st - 2018 2nd and/or 3rd?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:30 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
So you're willing to give up two first round players (plus more) for a gamble on QB
We're talking about the Chiefs here.

It's high time they did something bold at the QB position.

Drafting the next Geno Smith in the 1st round isn't bold, it's desperate. Mitch Trubisky is the best of this lot and he looked like hot garbage in his bowl game. I don't want ANY of these guys.

Ya'll are fucking desperate and just throwing Pat Pahomes against a wall and hoping he'll stick.

In my mind, gambling on a year of shitty QB prospects is a MUCH bigger risk when you could sacrifice some other pieces (which we know won't get us to a Super Bowl anyway, in all likelihood, just look at this team's history) and gamble on a MUCH stronger QB class.

If I'm going to gamble, I'm going to gamble big, I'm not being a desperate pussy and taking home a drunk fat girl just because I'm horny.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:32 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Mitch Trubisky played like the most promising QB in all of college football. The reason why he's going down is the small sample size.

How is that any different than Sam Darnold only having a year and suddenly being a better prospect than Jameis Winston?

Also, are you saying you're not going to like our 1st round pick if Dorsey ends up pulling the trigger?
Depends on that player, how the 2018 QB class shakes out, where those QBs go, etc etc etc.

Far too early to say.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:33 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
Depends on that player, how the 2018 QB class shakes out, where those QBs go, etc etc etc.

Far too early to say.
So we should pass this year and hope that it turns out to be this awe inspiring class that you guys are talking about? And if it doesn't turn out?
[Reply]
O.city 07:35 PM 04-09-2017
That's alot to give up for a guy. Even if he's a franchise qb, he's gonna need guus around him early.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:41 PM 04-09-2017
I still think the smart thing to do is trade up a bit this year. Especially if 3 of the 4 (or all 4 for that matter) are there in the late teens. Go get the guy. Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes, or Kizer. Doesn't matter to me which one. Don't settle for who is there when #27 rolls around.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:47 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I still think the smart thing to do is trade up a bit this year.
So now you're going to take the fat girl out for dinner and drinks and make you think you like her, when all you really want is some pussy.

You could be doing that with a MUCH hotter girl, dude. You might have to go to a nicer restaurant and wait a little longer to get that ass but it will ABSOLUTELY be worth it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:50 PM 04-09-2017
So now you're going to take the fat girl out for dinner and drinks and make you think you like her, when all you really want is some pussy.

You could be doing that with a MUCH hotter girl, dude. You might have to go to a nicer restaurant and wait a little longer to get that ass but it will ABSOLUTELY be worth it.
Or you could show up at the restaraunt and find out that she's been using 5 year old pictures on her dating profile and she's just as fat as the other girls. Except now you're spending more money and waiting more time for exactly the same girl.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 07:54 PM 04-09-2017
We're talking about the Chiefs here.

It's high time they did something bold at the QB position.

Drafting the next Geno Smith in the 1st round isn't bold, it's desperate. Mitch Trubisky is the best of this lot and he looked like hot garbage in his bowl game. I don't want ANY of these guys.

Ya'll are fucking desperate and just throwing Pat Pahomes against a wall and hoping he'll stick.

In my mind, gambling on a year of shitty QB prospects is a MUCH bigger risk when you could sacrifice some other pieces (which we know won't get us to a Super Bowl anyway, in all likelihood, just look at this team's history) and gamble on a MUCH stronger QB class.

If I'm going to gamble, I'm going to gamble big, I'm not being a desperate pussy and taking home a drunk fat girl just because I'm horny.
Since when are you an NFL scout? I trust drinking water in Mexico more than I trust your football takes.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up