ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 21
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Okay, so WHAT exactly is so goddamn great about the 2018 QB class?
RealSNR 08:57 AM 04-09-2017
I see a loooooot of question marks here. A bunch of guys who would be 3rd or 4th rounders in THIS draft class if they declared this year. A bunch of these dudes are so young they might not even declare for the draft. And finally, we got a bunch of spread QBs who.... [gasp!]... need time to acclimate to an NFL pro style offense and develop the footwork and timing of taking snaps under center.

I see Sam Darnold. That's great. There's your #1 overall. IF HE FUCKING DECLARES, THAT IS. I see Josh Rosen, who looked good in 2015 but could wind up as another Christian Hackenburg who never puts it all together. And I see a bunch of dried cum with question marks, JUST LIKE THIS QB DRAFT CLASS.

Here's how Walter Football has them ranked:

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Rosen, UCLA
3. Luke Falk, Washington State
4. Josh Allen, Wyoming
5. Jarrett Stidham, Auburn
6. Nick Fitzgerald, Mississippi State
7. Chase Litton, Marshall
8. Riley Ferguson, Memphis

COULD this be an awesome and deep draft class for QBs? Yes, absoutely. No question about it. But guess what. There's an equal chance that this QB class flames out and looks just as bad as the 2013 class, particularly if Sam Darnold doesn't declare.

People who bitch about the 2017 class don't fucking get it. They think if there's no true top end QB, that means they all suck. What do the Chiefs fucking care about the quality of the top guys in a given QB draft class? We're not going to be in a position to draft them!

Again, let me say this slowly, so the retards and assholes can hear me:

In ANY GIVEN DRAFT CLASS, the top QB prospects with the best resumes and attributes are irrelevant to the QB draft needs of the Chiefs. The Chiefs have zero shot at picking any of them. The worst teams with the biggest QB needs will draft all of these players before Dorsey can even begin to pick up the goddamn phone to call and move up.

Tell me what we gain from NOT drafting a QB in 2017 so we can draft Josh Allen, Jarrett Stidham, or Chase fucking Litton in 2018, a FULL YEAR LONGER where Alex Smith is the only fucking thing we have at QB.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:33 PM 04-09-2017
I actually think it's highly unlikely Darnold goes #1 in 2018.

He's good, and the QB class is strong, but he's not Peyton Manning. Guys who have started only two years don't go #1 most of the time.

Like I said, it's a LOT like the 2004 QB class:

Eli #1 (probably overdrafted)
Rivers #4
Roethlisberger #11
Losman #22

The Chiefs can probably move into the 5-15 range with their three first round picks (provided we're again drafting in the low 20s) and get someone like Darnold, who may not even be the #1 pick, because he's only going to have two years of starting experience.

Even if Darnold does go #1, you're still going to get the second best QB if you trade into the top 10, more than likely. I'll be just fine taking Mason Rudolph or Jake Browning or Josh Rosen at #11.

And who knows: if you trade your 2017 first, maybe it turns into a 2018 top 10 pick right out due to a team going tits up, and you don't have to trade anything else, and you fall ass over teakettle into your QB. There are just so many positives to flipping that pick to next year.

I've thought this thing through from every angle. You guys are just desperate and don't care about repeating the mistake that burned the Jets.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:53 PM 04-09-2017
Let me put this in Star Trek GIF format so you can understand, SNR:

QB1 Death Cult demanding instant Sexual Patrickification:

Reasonable, measured fans considering the 2018 QB Class:

Dorsey sacrificing picks to move up in 2018:

Watching the Chiefs in 2019:

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:07 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
Actually just based on the history of air raid QBs and goddamn Red Raiders in the NFL, I think I can say we should fucking pass.
Same "logic" would mean Aaron Rodgers would suck. Cal QBs suck!!!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:12 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Same "logic" would mean Aaron Rodgers would suck. Cal QBs suck!!!!
This isn't actually true.

Steve Bartkowski and Craig Morton were pretty respectable.

Meanwhile the Texas Tech gold standard is Billy Joe Tolliver.

Texas Tech is a goddamn NFL QB wasteland.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 PM 04-09-2017
Meanwhile in the 2018 draft I can easily point to:

UCLA - Aikman
USC - Palmer
Wash. St - Bledsoe
Washington - Brunell
Louisville - Unitas

Thanks for playing. You no longer get to use that argument ever again when talking about Patrick Mahomes vs the 2018 prospects.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:24 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
Meanwhile in the 2018 draft I can easily point to:

UCLA - Aikman
USC - Palmer
Wash. St - Bledsoe
Washington - Brunell
Louisville - Unitas

Thanks for playing. You no longer get to use that argument ever again when talking about Patrick Mahomes vs the 2018 prospects.
But, previous QBs of those schools mean Jack and Shit to me. Fuck that Tennessee QB. Does it matter what Peydaton did?

Patrick is our Dark Peniight. The prophecy was off a few years
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:38 PM 04-09-2017
But, previous QBs of those schools mean Jack and Shit to me. Fuck that Tennessee QB. Does it matter what Peydaton did?

Patrick is our Dark Peniight. The prophecy was off a few years
I'm sorry, but he's a worse prospect than Geno Smith was.

You wanna know who White Chocolate Geno reminds me of?

Granted, the character concerns aren't there, but Johnny Football's playing style was never going to work in the NFL and I'll be surprised if Mahomes' does.

An Air Raid QB that calls to mind Johnny Football...I can't think of a worse combination to be frank.

I want a drop back, classic pocket passer with an arm.

No more fucking bullshit. Give me a real goddamn QB.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:44 PM 04-09-2017
Originally Posted by :
Air raid quarterbacks haven’t cut it in the NFL. Recent ones to try include Tim Couch, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel, Geno Smith, Kevin Kolb, Nick Foles, Jason White, and those two big-time Texas Tech QBs before Mahomes: Harrell and Kingsbury.

Here’s an accounting of how air raid QBs have done, put together before last season:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...es_big-ti.html

Originally Posted by :
"I kept watching the tape and it was a combination of Brett Favre and Johnny Manziel," McShay said.

"I don't think using a first-round pick and expecting him to play right away is realistic or wise," McShay said. "To me, he's got a chance to go in the late first, but I think he's probably a better fit on Day Two."
And you guys want to take this guy #27?

Shit if you want an Air Raid QB on the roster just keep Foles around. At least he has NFL experience.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:59 PM 04-09-2017
Why didn't you bold the Favre part? :-) trollololololol
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:07 AM 04-10-2017
Because he's more Manziel than Favre, because FAVRE DIDN'T PLAY IN THE FUCKING AIR RAID.

Any QB that runs around and guns it with their big arm is going to draw a Favre comparison. Means nothing.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:09 AM 04-10-2017
Have you even watched a single snap of his?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:09 AM 04-10-2017
Remind me again who was in the Super Bowl this year. Was it pocket passers, or scramblin' goofballs?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:10 AM 04-10-2017
Have you even watched a single snap of his?
I watch more college football than you, dude. Yes. Why do you think I compared him to Manziel? I didn't just pull that out of my ass.

I was actually shocked just now to learn many others have compared him to Manziel.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:13 AM 04-10-2017
I'M suuuuure those Texas Tech Red Raider games were a flowin every Sat :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:17 AM 04-10-2017
I'M suuuuure those Texas Tech Red Raider games were a flowin every Sat :-)
I watch multiple games every Saturday. TTU is on FS1 a lot. I've seen plenty of Mahomes.

He's Patty Football. He's not what wins games in the NFL.

And I have no doubt that Andy Reid won't draft him.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 21
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up