Page 4 of 25
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman (2017)
Munson 04:13 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
BigRichard 02:47 PM 08-03-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Here is an exclusive picture of WW jet plane

Isn't it cool, it's luxury but it's fast.

They needed a little humor in the B vs. S movie. They should have used something like this.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:46 AM 08-04-2016
She's so fuckin' sexy. Don't care at all if she can act or not. I'll see it just because she's eye candy.

One of the most beautiful women on the planet IMO.

And it's a Marvel popcorn flick. It ain't winning an Oscar for best picture/screenplay/actress etc. It's a kid's film based off a comic book I mean wtf else do you expect?

As long as it's not a Megan Fox Jennifer's Body or TMNT abomination, then I don't think there should be anything to worry about.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:03 AM 08-04-2016
It's a DC movie, FYI.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:42 AM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
She's so ****in' sexy. Don't care at all if she can act or not. I'll see it just because she's eye candy.

One of the most beautiful women on the planet IMO.

And it's a Marvel popcorn flick. It ain't winning an Oscar for best picture/screenplay/actress etc. It's a kid's film based off a comic book I mean wtf else do you expect?

As long as it's not a Megan Fox Jennifer's Body or TMNT abomination, then I don't think there should be anything to worry about.
Agreed. I will watch this while eating popcorn. :-)
[Reply]
JD10367 08:42 AM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
They needed a little humor in the B vs. S movie. They should have used something like this.
https://youtu.be/Z_9F5sNMwQI
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Overall Alexandra Daddario
They could cast Alexandra Daddario as James Bond and I would support the decision...
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They could cast Alexandra Daddario as James Bond and I would support the decision...
They could have cast her in Ghostbusters and I would have been there opening night.
[Reply]
Frosty 09:48 AM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
They could have cast her in Ghostbusters and I would have been there opening night.
She definitely didn't save "San Andres", though the bikini shots were entertaining.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:42 AM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I also concur with these statements
[Reply]
listopencil 08:32 PM 08-08-2016
Now you're talking. Get the people who made Kingsman:The Secret Service to do up some Jayne Bond movies with Alexandra Daddario. Reboot the franchise with a beautiful sexy woman. Fuck it-worth a shot.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:40 PM 08-08-2016
That would actually be kind of fun. Do a Bond movie with the current guy where he's teamed up with a beautiful young woman. Make it like a buddy cop/secret spy combo. In the end it looks like he dies. The after credit scene is her walking up to a hotel desk, the clerk says 'Name?' and she says 'Bond. Jayne Bond." And then you see him on a sailboat in paradise near a beach smoking a cigar and drinking brandy. Start a run of female Bond movies and establish the system for turning over actors.
[Reply]
JD10367 06:05 AM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by Frosty:
She definitely didn't save "San Andres", though the bikini shots were entertaining.
I will see the "Baywatch" remake if only to see her in a bathing suit.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:47 AM 08-09-2016
Fingers crossed for semi nude scene
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:17 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I thought it would be funny if WW and Batman were walking along in a field and suddenly Batman bonks his head on the invisible jet. That would have been hilarious.
[Reply]
underEJ 12:53 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I agree that it's probably part of the marketing ploy. But with all of the great female producers, directors, screenwriters and show runners working each and every day, it almost comes across as pandering and in some ways, condescending, as if only a female director can faithfully interpret Wonder Woman.

It just seems like an unnecessary ploy. But that's not to say that Patty Jenkins isn't talented or unworthy of the gig.
I want nothing more than to believe it is irrelevant and that a good story teller should be able to tell any story, but all we have to look at is female archetypes because most roles don't dare to step outside those definitions.

Monster, however, does get way outside the boundaries. If Wonder Woman is meant to fall outside of female norms, I see that as a great choice for a director. Is is because Patty Jenkins is a woman? There isn't enough evidence to answer that definitively, so I won't, but I look forward to a day when there is enough evidence to answer the question properly.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 25
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up