ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>IT remake 2017
thabear04 10:12 AM 07-14-2016

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...phen-kings-it/

Things are really floating for Andrés Muschietti’s two-part remake of Stephen King’s It. A few weeks ago, the filmmaker posted a few pieces of concept art and set photos for his adaptation, and now he’s gone ahead and unleashed a terrifying first look at Bill Skarsgård as the nefarious titular force, Pennywise.

The soon-to-be 26-year-old actor spoke to Entertainment Weekly about the “extreme character,” specifically its complicated mythos: “He’s not even a clown. I’m playing just one of the beings It creates,” he explained, adding: “What’s funny to this evil entity might not be funny to everyone else. But he thinks it’s funny.”

Skarsgård also addressed the big shoes waiting to be filled with sewage water. “Tim Curry’s performance was truly great, but it’s important for me to do something different because of that,” he remarks of the veteran actor’s iconic role in the 1990 mini-series. “I’ll never be able to make a Tim Curry performance as good as Tim Curry.”

Better yet, the kid’s hit the books, as he contends: “I’ve been doing some clown research. I’m not sure if there was so much clown phobia before the novel. There’s obviously been this thing where people find clowns are unsettling, but nobody explored it the way Stephen King did.”

As previously reported, this adaptation will split King’s original 1986 novel into two movies. The first will follow the children being stalked by the titular shapeshifting monster, while the second will pick up decades later, when those same kids are confronting their same demons as adults.

Jaeden Lieberher, Finn Wolfhard, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, and Jeremy Ray Taylor lead the pack as The Losers Club which Skarsgård’s Pennywise and Owen Teague’s bullish Patrick Hocksetter will prey upon. Their adult counterparts have yet to be cast and it’s still unclear if they will prior to the first installment’s release.

Filming is currently underway in Port Hope, Ontario, which the production team has turned into Derry, Maine. Dread Central recently stumbled upon a number of juicy set photos, confirming the time frame (Summer 1989) and the appearance of one terrifying form of It (ahem, he’s carrying an axe). Take a look at a handful of shots below.

The first half of Stephen King’s It hits theaters September 8th, 2017.

[Reply]
Why Not? 12:21 AM 07-28-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Same thing happened with me. You eventually get adjusted to it but only with fictional media. Real life issues, nightly news and such will still effect you.
Yeah I have found this to be pretty accurate.
[Reply]
MG_ 03:03 PM 07-28-2017
Looks like it's gonna be a lot closer to the source material than the original.

Seems like they've nailed the horror tone too.

Can't wait.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:10 PM 07-28-2017
Dude... I was hesitant to hop on board this train, but I'll be damned if that trailer doesn't make it more difficult.
[Reply]
thabear04 10:08 PM 07-28-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Dude... I was hesitant to hop on board this train, but I'll be damned if that trailer doesn't make it more difficult.
I'm unsure on jigsaw and the new chucky movie I'll still see them but haven't seen a good horro movie for awhile.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:16 PM 07-28-2017
Originally Posted by thabear04:
I'm unsure on jigsaw and the new chucky movie I'll still see them but haven't seen a good horro movie for awhile.
yeah recent horror movies have been pretty lackluster to say the least . I did enjoy It Follows though (but that came out like 2 or 3 years ago)
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:13 PM 07-30-2017
This movie is going to either be a top 10 (if done right) or complete shit. There's just no middle ground with Stephen King adaptations.

Look at the shining. The movie is probably better than the book and that's due to Kubrick and Nicholson. Then you have shit like Dreamcatcher and Sleeepwalkers. Terrible.

The IT miniseries was ok for early 90's, (as was The Stand) but release that crap today and it'll be torn apart. With the technology we have these days there's no middle ground for these movies. All or nothing and from what I've seen this is going to be fucking wonderful.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:51 AM 07-31-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
This movie is going to either be a top 10 (if done right) or complete shit. There's just no middle ground with Stephen King adaptations.
Absolutely. Interestingly enough, the best King adaptation movies have really not been horror films. Stand by Me, The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption are all great movies. The Shinning is a top 10 all time film to me and it's certainly scary as hell but outside of that I struggle to find many King horror films that are really good. I like Silver Bullet and the first Creepshow was pretty good. Cat's Eye was good fun(not really a horror film). Cujo was decent. But none of those come close to The Shinning. I think this version of IT can. Not saying it will be as good and you can't beat prime Nicholson, but this has been a long time coming. For it to suck would be mind boggling.

One last thing, I really hope someone does a redo on Salem's Lot. Such a phenomenal book and the movie is just awful. Really a bummer.
[Reply]
frankotank 11:55 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Absolutely. Interestingly enough, the best King adaptation movies have really not been horror films. Stand by Me, The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption are all great movies. The Shinning is a top 10 all time film to me and it's certainly scary as hell but outside of that I struggle to find many King horror films that are really good. I like Silver Bullet and the first Creepshow was pretty good. Cat's Eye was good fun(not really a horror film). Cujo was decent. But none of those come close to The Shinning. I think this version of IT can. Not saying it will be as good and you can't beat prime Nicholson, but this has been a long time coming. For it to suck would be mind boggling.

One last thing, I really hope someone does a redo on Salem's Lot. Such a phenomenal book and the movie is just awful. Really a bummer.
The Shining of course easily at the top of Kings movie heap....but....what they did with the ending was tragic. they took away Jacks redemption (remember in the book he is talking psychically with Danny and comes to his senses enough to let the boiler blow) and instead had him freeze in a hedge maze. a maze which didn't exist in the book and seemingly replaced the hedge animals that came to life in the book...one of the coolest things in the story. but the ending...dammit. I heard King sued over the liberties they took with his story...no idea if true. at least the TV mini series stuck to the story.
hell hollywood screwed up the ending of The Mist movie too! talk about TOTAL SUCK! why do they do that shit. so annoying. it was worse than Old Yeller man!

having said all that...King has some good stuff on film. I really liked Firestarter, Carrie, Christine and Pet Sematary. good flicks. Cujo was tough to watch....just too slow....stuck in a car the whole movie. The It miniseries wasn't terrible....just too long... I'll be seeing this new one the day it comes out.

the idea of remaking Salems Lot is just great. I can't think of a King movie I've been more disappointed in. wonder who'd play the main.....
[Reply]
thabear04 11:59 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by frankotank:
The Shining of course easily at the top of Kings movie heap....but....what they did with the ending was tragic. they took away Jacks redemption (remember in the book he is talking psychically with Danny and comes to his senses enough to let the boiler blow) and instead had him freeze in a hedge maze. a maze which didn't exist in the book and seemingly replaced the hedge animals that came to life in the book...one of the coolest things in the story. but the ending...dammit. I heard King sued over the liberties they took with his story...no idea if true. at least the TV mini series stuck to the story.
hell hollywood screwed up the ending of The Mist movie too! talk about TOTAL SUCK! why do they do that shit. so annoying. it was worse than Old Yeller man!

having said all that...King has some good stuff on film. I really liked Firestarter, Carrie, Christine and Pet Sematary. good flicks. Cujo was tough to watch....just too slow....stuck in a car the whole movie. The It miniseries wasn't terrible....just too long... I'll be seeing this new one the day it comes out.

the idea of remaking Salems Lot is just great. I can't think of a King movie I've been more disappointed in. wonder who'd play the main.....
http://io9.gizmodo.com/it-director-w...ext-1797574350

It Director Wants to Tackle Pet Sematary Next.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:02 PM 08-09-2017

I was furious when I saw The Mist. They totally fucked up the movie. I was so excited to see it that I bought the DVD(schedule with little kids wouldn't allow me to go see it). Watched the DVD and immediately threw it away.
[Reply]
frankotank 12:07 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by thabear04:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/it-director-w...ext-1797574350

It Director Wants to Tackle Pet Sematary Next.
OH....that's cool!
I remember thinking.....there is just no way they will have a little tiny kid on film trying to kill him mom with a knife. WRONG!
kids are just creepy man....

a remake could be cool....but....it could also be pretty bad. at least a big name will be involved giving it hope.

sick him on Salems Lot man!
[Reply]
frankotank 12:12 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I was furious when I saw The Mist. They totally ****ed up the movie. I was so excited to see it that I bought the DVD(schedule with little kids wouldn't allow me to go see it). Watched the DVD and immediately threw it away.
you know....I loved The Shining...don't get me wrong. I figured the technology couldn't deal with the hedge animals so I could understand that. but the ending made me mad. the book ending just screams of redemption and love overcoming evil and they ruined it. so I was mad.

The Mist....like you...I was absolutely furious. I can't believe King thought that was a good idea. I can imagine the powers that be in a meeting saying...we can't use the book ending because there's no resolution. so they made up that crap! OMG. you're walking out of the movie just SICK. good job guys.
I liked the no resolution ending so much better than filicide. just sick man.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:42 PM 08-09-2017
you know....I loved The Shining...don't get me wrong. I figured the technology couldn't deal with the hedge animals so I could understand that. but the ending made me mad. the book ending just screams of redemption and love overcoming evil and they ruined it. so I was mad.

The Mist....like you...I was absolutely furious. I can't believe King thought that was a good idea. I can imagine the powers that be in a meeting saying...we can't use the book ending because there's no resolution. so they made up that crap! OMG. you're walking out of the movie just SICK. good job guys.
I liked the no resolution ending so much better than filicide. just sick man.
Yep. I agree
[Reply]
Fish 03:36 PM 08-09-2017
OH....that's cool!
I remember thinking.....there is just no way they will have a little tiny kid on film trying to kill him mom with a knife. WRONG!
kids are just creepy man....

a remake could be cool....but....it could also be pretty bad. at least a big name will be involved giving it hope.

sick him on Salems Lot man!
The kid in that film was particularly creepy though... holding that scalpel with that wicked little look on his face....
[Reply]
Frazod 03:39 PM 08-09-2017
I thought the ending of The Mist was great. Deeply fucked up and disturbing, but great.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up