ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>IT remake 2017
thabear04 10:12 AM 07-14-2016

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...phen-kings-it/

Things are really floating for Andrés Muschietti’s two-part remake of Stephen King’s It. A few weeks ago, the filmmaker posted a few pieces of concept art and set photos for his adaptation, and now he’s gone ahead and unleashed a terrifying first look at Bill Skarsgård as the nefarious titular force, Pennywise.

The soon-to-be 26-year-old actor spoke to Entertainment Weekly about the “extreme character,” specifically its complicated mythos: “He’s not even a clown. I’m playing just one of the beings It creates,” he explained, adding: “What’s funny to this evil entity might not be funny to everyone else. But he thinks it’s funny.”

Skarsgård also addressed the big shoes waiting to be filled with sewage water. “Tim Curry’s performance was truly great, but it’s important for me to do something different because of that,” he remarks of the veteran actor’s iconic role in the 1990 mini-series. “I’ll never be able to make a Tim Curry performance as good as Tim Curry.”

Better yet, the kid’s hit the books, as he contends: “I’ve been doing some clown research. I’m not sure if there was so much clown phobia before the novel. There’s obviously been this thing where people find clowns are unsettling, but nobody explored it the way Stephen King did.”

As previously reported, this adaptation will split King’s original 1986 novel into two movies. The first will follow the children being stalked by the titular shapeshifting monster, while the second will pick up decades later, when those same kids are confronting their same demons as adults.

Jaeden Lieberher, Finn Wolfhard, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, and Jeremy Ray Taylor lead the pack as The Losers Club which Skarsgård’s Pennywise and Owen Teague’s bullish Patrick Hocksetter will prey upon. Their adult counterparts have yet to be cast and it’s still unclear if they will prior to the first installment’s release.

Filming is currently underway in Port Hope, Ontario, which the production team has turned into Derry, Maine. Dread Central recently stumbled upon a number of juicy set photos, confirming the time frame (Summer 1989) and the appearance of one terrifying form of It (ahem, he’s carrying an axe). Take a look at a handful of shots below.

The first half of Stephen King’s It hits theaters September 8th, 2017.

[Reply]
Fish 09:19 AM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That's an imgur gifv link. you have to go to the imgur site and get the embed code for moving gifs [in this case, click on the little green ball next to imgur in the lower right, then click on the three dots on the lower right of the image at the site, which then gives you an option to 'Embed Post'].
That's way too much work. All you really have to do is just cut the "v" off the end of the link, and put it in image brackets like normal. It's just a .gif("Giff") file after all.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:45 AM 04-06-2017
In the trailer when Bill first hands Georgie the boat I thought it was going to be an animated film. Bill looked a bit like the animated characters in the Polar Express.
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 05:48 PM 05-09-2017

[Reply]
Molitoth 10:23 AM 05-10-2017
I came.
[Reply]
Gonzo 03:10 PM 05-10-2017
God it looks awesome. Can't wait.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:49 PM 05-10-2017
So, after being a lover of all things horror most of my life, a weird thing occurred 8 years ago after the birth of my first kid. I found I could no longer stomach anything where a kid gets hurt or killed. I haven't watched shit with kids getting killed in it for over 7 years. This streak will end on 9/8/17. I've waited over 30 years for this movie. No ****ing way I miss it. It may **** with me hard psychologically but I don't care.
[Reply]
Fish 07:39 AM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
So, after being a lover of all things horror most of my life, a weird thing occurred 8 years ago after the birth of my first kid. I found I could no longer stomach anything where a kid gets hurt or killed. I haven't watched shit with kids getting killed in it for over 7 years. This streak will end on 9/8/17. I've waited over 30 years for this movie. No ****ing way I miss it. It may **** with me hard psychologically but I don't care.

[Reply]
sully1983 08:05 AM 05-11-2017
This looks fantastic. Count me in. I'll be seeing it opening night. I think it'll do great at the box office too.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:02 AM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Bahahaha. Holy shit. That's hilarious. Annnnnd so true.
[Reply]
Munson 04:56 PM 07-27-2017

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:05 PM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by Munson:
Was going to post this, but damned if I was going to search CP for 'It' :-)

Good on you tracking it down.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:49 PM 07-27-2017
I just hope it's not a jump-scare fest.
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:40 PM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Same thing happened with me. You eventually get adjusted to it but only with fictional media. Real life issues, nightly news and such will still effect you.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:21 PM 07-27-2017
yaaaaaas!!!!!
[Reply]
chiefs1111 11:25 PM 07-27-2017
The mini series from 90 is on Spike right now.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up