ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>IT remake 2017
thabear04 10:12 AM 07-14-2016

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...phen-kings-it/

Things are really floating for Andrés Muschietti’s two-part remake of Stephen King’s It. A few weeks ago, the filmmaker posted a few pieces of concept art and set photos for his adaptation, and now he’s gone ahead and unleashed a terrifying first look at Bill Skarsgård as the nefarious titular force, Pennywise.

The soon-to-be 26-year-old actor spoke to Entertainment Weekly about the “extreme character,” specifically its complicated mythos: “He’s not even a clown. I’m playing just one of the beings It creates,” he explained, adding: “What’s funny to this evil entity might not be funny to everyone else. But he thinks it’s funny.”

Skarsgård also addressed the big shoes waiting to be filled with sewage water. “Tim Curry’s performance was truly great, but it’s important for me to do something different because of that,” he remarks of the veteran actor’s iconic role in the 1990 mini-series. “I’ll never be able to make a Tim Curry performance as good as Tim Curry.”

Better yet, the kid’s hit the books, as he contends: “I’ve been doing some clown research. I’m not sure if there was so much clown phobia before the novel. There’s obviously been this thing where people find clowns are unsettling, but nobody explored it the way Stephen King did.”

As previously reported, this adaptation will split King’s original 1986 novel into two movies. The first will follow the children being stalked by the titular shapeshifting monster, while the second will pick up decades later, when those same kids are confronting their same demons as adults.

Jaeden Lieberher, Finn Wolfhard, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, and Jeremy Ray Taylor lead the pack as The Losers Club which Skarsgård’s Pennywise and Owen Teague’s bullish Patrick Hocksetter will prey upon. Their adult counterparts have yet to be cast and it’s still unclear if they will prior to the first installment’s release.

Filming is currently underway in Port Hope, Ontario, which the production team has turned into Derry, Maine. Dread Central recently stumbled upon a number of juicy set photos, confirming the time frame (Summer 1989) and the appearance of one terrifying form of It (ahem, he’s carrying an axe). Take a look at a handful of shots below.

The first half of Stephen King’s It hits theaters September 8th, 2017.

[Reply]
RobBlake 02:43 PM 09-07-2016
This sounds absolutely terrible
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:28 AM 03-29-2017

[Reply]
MahiMike 11:40 AM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
DAYUM!!!
[Reply]
chiefs1111 11:49 AM 03-29-2017
Not as bad as I thought it would be
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:03 PM 03-29-2017
looks good
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:44 PM 03-29-2017
I may have to read the book again before I see this.

Beep, beep, Richie...
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:21 PM 03-29-2017
Looks great!
[Reply]
beach tribe 02:04 PM 03-29-2017
I am shocked that IT looks that good.

And it really does look awesome.
[Reply]
beach tribe 02:09 PM 03-29-2017
Damn.

I've watched it 3 times.

That trailer is horrifying.

I cant think of a horror movie I've been more excited about.
[Reply]
Fish 02:43 PM 03-29-2017
Wow. That actually looks pretty impressive.

The book scared the holy hell out of me as a kid. I read it when I was pretty young and obsessed with horror books. The movie was OK.

This looks like some good horror. I took a pic of the very brief shot of Pennywise in the trailer, that just blinks after the red It title at the end:

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:53 PM 03-29-2017
The clown coming out of the water is a holy shit moment.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:25 PM 03-29-2017
Looks much better than the 1990 version where John Ritter and John Boy teamed up to defeat a giant spider.

[Reply]
Jenson71 05:16 PM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Looks much better than the 1990 version where John Ritter and John Boy teamed up to defeat a giant spider.
Yikes; that was awkward to watch.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:18 PM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I peed. Not a lot, but definitely a little.

I'm not even scared of clowns or anything but that book is genuinely spooky and a good adaptation of it would be generally scary as hell.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:19 PM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by La literatura:
Yikes; that was awkward to watch.
And it's among the best early 90s adaptations of Stephen King books.

Watch "The Langoliers" for the unquestioned worst.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up