ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread (With Spoilers)
Skyy God 11:47 AM 06-10-2016
There appears to be a fair bit of disagreement as to what constitutes a spoiler. E.g., speculation as to what happens in future episodes has been deemed to be a terrible, terrible spoiler.

I'll start. Ned dies in S1E09.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:35 PM 08-17-2017
"Dick?"

"Dick... Like cock."

"Hmm. Dick. I like it."

"I bet you do."
[Reply]
RustShack 10:03 PM 08-17-2017
I have a hard time believing GoT doesn't have the money to do "more".
[Reply]
Loneiguana 06:49 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I have a hard time believing GoT doesn't have the money to do "more".
I think there might be a difference between technically "having" and what they believe is a maximum they feel they can spend on an episode, especially with what they are paying some the actors now.

I wish they would just go all in though and just spend however much money it will take, but then I don't know how many zeros that would require.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:59 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
I think there might be a difference between technically "having" and what they believe is a maximum they feel they can spend on an episode, especially with what they are paying some the actors now.

I wish they would just go all in though and just spend however much money it will take, but then I don't know how many zeros that would require.
They spend 9 to 10 million an episode IIRC.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:15 PM 08-18-2017
This season is definitely turning more "predictable Hollywood" with GOT.

Another last second rescue for the group. Redshirts being killed. Another last second rescue for Jon. Two people can't ride a horse? It's still very enjoyable, but is quickly losing its edge.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:28 PM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
This season is definitely turning more "predictable Hollywood" with GOT.

Another last second rescue for the group. Redshirts being killed. Another last second rescue for Jon. Two people can't ride a horse? It's still very enjoyable, but is quickly losing its edge.
Another change is that in previous seasons, small events would have huge consequences. Ned confronting Cersei and offering her the chance to flee out of concern for her children ended up basically ending his house.

This season (until the leaked episode) was huge events with non-existent consequences. Giant battles (Casterly Rock, Highgarden, Drogon attacking Lannisters) that don't seem to change the overall situation. Dany is still vastly more powerful than her enemy but is reluctant to attack any city. Cersei is still plotting while hiding in the Red Keep. Littlefinger is still plotting in Winterfell. Everything is the same at the end of episode 5 as it was in episode 1.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:55 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Another change is that in previous seasons, small events would have huge consequences. Ned confronting Cersei and offering her the chance to flee out of concern for her children ended up basically ending his house.

This season (until the leaked episode) was huge events with non-existent consequences. Giant battles (Casterly Rock, Highgarden, Drogon attacking Lannisters) that don't seem to change the overall situation. Dany is still vastly more powerful than her enemy but is reluctant to attack any city. Cersei is still plotting while hiding in the Red Keep. Littlefinger is still plotting in Winterfell. Everything is the same at the end of episode 5 as it was in episode 1.
They have a zombie-trophy now!
[Reply]
NewChief 10:38 AM 08-26-2017
Just read a really detailed scene by scene description of the this week's episode. I couldn't help myself, and I think there's really only one moment that would have been an "oh shit" moment. I already knew the gist of what was going to happen but the way they
Spoiler!

Oh good lord, it gonna be good.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up