ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread (With Spoilers)
Skyy God 11:47 AM 06-10-2016
There appears to be a fair bit of disagreement as to what constitutes a spoiler. E.g., speculation as to what happens in future episodes has been deemed to be a terrible, terrible spoiler.

I'll start. Ned dies in S1E09.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:53 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Leaked series finale.

This made me laugh hard enough to cry a little. :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:15 AM 08-17-2017
So does Arya just have a completely different personality each episode?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:53 AM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I enjoyed her first conversations with Sansa about how being a little girl isn't an excuse. I did not like the final scene about the faces. They are really highlighting just how angry she is.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:06 PM 08-17-2017
Keep in mind, Arya has never liked Sansa and always adored Jon. Plus, she's pretty much a no-fuse fucking killing machine now. I have no trouble believing her attitude if she senses that Sansa's trying to betray him.

Also, it was sort of a "you ain't the boss of me" little sister moment as well.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:50 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Eh. She's a war torn child who has turned into a bloodthirsty assassin. She's not exactly going to be even keeled.

Out of all my complaints about this season, Arya, Sansa and Bran have been fine with me.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:38 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Eh. She's a war torn child who has turned into a bloodthirsty assassin. She's not exactly going to be even keeled.

Out of all my complaints about this season, Arya, Sansa and Bran have been fine with me.
Blame it on GRRM for not giving the adaptors something to adapt. Of course they're going to fall back on fantasy tropes if they don't have direction.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:45 PM 08-17-2017
Blame it on GRRM for not giving the adaptors something to adapt. Of course they're going to fall back on fantasy tropes if they don't have direction.
He did supply the overall outline, and I assume he's involved with the scripts in some fashion.

I think it's probably more a money issue than anything else. With the dragons and the white walkers having more of a prominent role, I think there are dramatically less resources to be devoted to the more mundane aspects of the show.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:58 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He did supply the overall outline, and I assume he's involved with the scripts in some fashion.

I think it's probably more a money issue than anything else. With the dragons and the white walkers having more of a prominent role, I think there are dramatically less resources to be devoted to the more mundane aspects of the show.
Well, its certainly lost the realistic edge it had, for whatever reason. Now it's just a full blown fantasy series. Nothing wrong with that to me, just kind of jarring going from the 1st couple of seasons to this.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:35 PM 08-17-2017
Well, its certainly lost the realistic edge it had, for whatever reason. Now it's just a full blown fantasy series. Nothing wrong with that to me, just kind of jarring going from the 1st couple of seasons to this.
In a perfect world there'd be enough money to draw it out a bit longer. But I'd rather have what we've got than dragons that look like they just flew out of Skyrim.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:52 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
In a perfect world there'd be enough money to draw it out a bit longer. But I'd rather have what we've got than dragons that look like they just flew out of Skyrim.
Id figure the show would be making enough money to try and milk it as long as possible. Id rather have janky time skips and fast paced action over a show that becomes a husk of itself because of how dry its been milked.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:13 PM 08-17-2017
Have a fantasy draft Sunday night, so I caved and watched it. Then another 2 times. Fuck I love this show. It sucks that it's almost over. I thought Dany would be more upset about losing a dragon... and what do you know another Tyrion plan falls flat on its face
[Reply]
Frazod 08:42 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Have a fantasy draft Sunday night, so I caved and watched it. Then another 2 times. Fuck I love this show. It sucks that it's almost over. I thought Dany would be more upset about losing a dragon... and what do you know another Tyrion plan falls flat on its face
You're not a wartime consigliere, Tyrion. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:44 PM 08-17-2017
Have a fantasy draft Sunday night, so I caved and watched it. Then another 2 times. **** I love this show. It sucks that it's almost over. I thought Dany would be more upset about losing a dragon... and what do you know another Tyrion plan falls flat on its face
I can't understand why they just couldn't keep Barristan Selmy alive to be her voice of reason. Tyrion had no problem doing horrible things to advance his lot in life in earlier seasons, and now he just plays moral police and makes shitty plans that are designed to fail so Cersei has the tiniest, slimmest bit of believability as an actual antagonist and to create fake drama between him and Cersei. He is far and away the biggest victim of the writing.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:55 PM 08-17-2017
I can't understand why they just couldn't keep Barristan Selmy alive to be her voice of reason. Tyrion had no problem doing horrible things to advance his lot in life in earlier seasons, and now he just plays moral police and makes shitty plans that are designed to fail so Cersei has the tiniest, slimmest bit of believability as an actual antagonist and to create fake drama between him and Cersei. He is far and away the biggest victim of the writing.
Yeah, it sucks. He was one of my favorite characters. Now I can barely stand him, because of his constant fuck ups. He's been replaced by Davos as a supporting character. He has been killing it the last 2 seasons

Some favorite parts of the episode:
- Tormund and the Hound's exchange
- The fact that Gendry has probably never seen himself run on camera
- The Dany and Jon exchanges. They are really selling it. I've been screaming "show her your scars" since they've met

Also it was huge that we have seen that if a white walker is killed, then so are his wights. Now you just have to figure out how the fuck you're going to separate the night king from his dragon
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:01 PM 08-17-2017
Yeah, it sucks. He was one of my favorite characters. Now I can barely stand him, because of his constant **** ups. He's been replaced by Davos as a supporting character. He has been killing it the last 2 seasons

Some favorite parts of the episode:
- Tormund and the Hound's exchange
- The fact that Gendry has probably never seen himself run on camera
- The Dany and Jon exchanges. They are really selling it. I've been screaming "show her your scars" since they've met

Also it was huge that we have seen that if a white walker is killed, then so are his wights. Now you just have to figure out how the **** you're going to separate the night king from his dragon
The Hound was easily MVP of this episode. Had plenty of funny moments and was an absolute badass when it counted. Think he saved both Tormund and Jorah from dying.

Aside from the lame reaction to Viserion dying, Clarke did a pretty damn good job this episode.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up