ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>****Godzilla Resurgence 2016****
Rasputin 06:15 PM 04-30-2016

Godzilla just doesn't like Japan very much.

This movie wont be out in the USA theaters but hope it comes out on DVD
[Reply]
listopencil 02:08 AM 05-03-2016
Meh. Wake me up when Gamera shows up. I love me some Gamera.

[Reply]
Rasputin 06:17 PM 05-03-2016
That looks cool and all but Godzilla > Gamera

Godzilla kicks Gamera turtle ass

[Reply]
Rasputin 08:42 PM 06-27-2016

[Reply]
Rasputin 06:26 PM 10-10-2016
It's now playing in select cities starting tomorrow in America.

I'm upset because the closest theatre is four hours away in Kansas City. I really really want to go but right now can't afford to go.

I hope any of you get to see this because Godzilla is bad ass.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:51 PM 10-10-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
It's now playing in select cities starting tomorrow in America.

I'm upset because the closest theatre is four hours away in Kansas City. I really really want to go but right now can't afford to go.

I hope any of you get to see this because Godzilla is bad ass.
Down here in Nashville it's showing in a couple of theaters just outside of the greater Nashville area. Going to do my best to catch it while I can.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:15 PM 10-10-2016
Have they shelved the Godzilla remake already after the one in 2014?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:48 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Have they shelved the Godzilla remake already after the one in 2014?
It got pushed back. I think it's now looking at a 2019 release date, with Godzilla v. King Kong expected in 2020.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:39 PM 10-12-2016
It's killing me not getting to see this and not sure if going get the chance.

The closest theater I found in Kansas is in Manhattan and that's like 3 hours away. I don't have the time or money go see it this week and it's only out till the 18th unless they extend it. I don't get paid till the 21st and getting that weekend off but that maybe too late and I maybe shit out of luck :-)

I'm hearing people are liking this movie too!!!
[Reply]
kpic 04:31 PM 10-15-2016
Just came back from seeing this, the theater near me had about 5 showings of it throughout the past week (original language with English subs - released by Funimation).

If you are a Godzilla fan, you'll probably love it - not sure if I am giving anything away but the plot most every one knows that Godzilla has different "stages" in this but his final form is familiar.

It was much faster than it's 2 hour run time seems, script was pretty tight overall. You can see the Shinji Higuchi influence in it, definitely has a Heisei Gamera feel to it (that's not a bad thing).

For us "older" Godzilla fans, the soundtrack is excellent - a very nice homage to all your favorite "marches".

If you get a chance to see you owe it to yourself to see it on the big screen, it only took Toho about 20 years after the Gamera trilogy to get it right - SFX were very good for the budget, I only counted one and a half cringe worthy shots.

Overall I give it about 4.5 out of 5!
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:37 PM 10-15-2016
Thanks kpic I'm dying to see it but afraid if Resurgence doesn't get an extended weekend next weekend I'm not going be able to see it :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:42 PM 10-17-2016
I am sad I am not going be able to see this until it comes out on DVD

:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:28 PM 10-18-2016
Apparently it's extended this weekend because of it's done well even with a limited showing it's done real good.

This could possibly open the door for me after all!!! I have hope but not sure yet if I can make it
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:57 PM 10-18-2016
Unfortunately, it's not playing in my area. :-)
[Reply]
kpic 04:37 PM 10-20-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Apparently it's extended this weekend because of it's done well even with a limited showing it's done real good.
That makes sense, I forgot to mention the theater I saw it in was packed, I was completely shocked as this was the middle of the afternoon, I thought it was going to me and like ten other people, so I waltzed in there right on time and ended up having to sit all the way in the front\side.

Also if you end up seeing it for me at least there were no previews at all so be sure to get there on time!
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:11 PM 10-20-2016
Originally Posted by kpic:
That makes sense, I forgot to mention the theater I saw it in was packed, I was completely shocked as this was the middle of the afternoon, I thought it was going to me and like ten other people, so I waltzed in there right on time and ended up having to sit all the way in the front\side.

Also if you end up seeing it for me at least there were no previews at all so be sure to get there on time!
Sadly I am at a loss of getting to see it this weekend Manhattan theater didn't extend it apparently.

I've heard a lot of good things about the movie on Facebook so I think it's better than people would have imagined it was going be.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up