ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>MNchiefsfan breaks down the OL from Preseason Game 1
DaFace 12:15 PM 08-18-2017
Blah, blah, AP homers, blah, blah, blah...

I always love this guy's breakdowns of the game. But it's a pain to embed here (and probably isn't fair to take away clicks to their site anyway). So here's a link. It's worth the read.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...-the-preseason

In short, the starting OL kicked ass last week, albeit against a poor defensive front in San Francisco. Obviously depth is a real concern, so let's hope we can keep these guys healthy.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:07 PM 08-19-2017
Now that we've got our QB, I actually think LG has the possibility of moving close to the top of the team's future needs list.

Witzmann will do fine this year, but he's been in the league since 2015. What's his trajectory for development? He needs to get better, and it seems that he WILL improve given his age and where he started, but how far?

This year will be good to see what both Ehinger and Witzmann have throughout the season. Hopefully between the two of them we begin to see a LG who's more balanced between pass/run strengths.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:08 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I can guarantee you a 5th rd rookie OL was not the anchor, or glue that held this oline together. cmon man. The guy had zero live NFL playing exp. Lets wait a little before we call this guy king.
It's more about how fucking slow Zach Fulton is than it is about how good Parker Ehinger was.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:17 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Now that we've got our QB, I actually think LG has the possibility of moving close to the top of the team's future needs list.

Witzmann will do fine this year, but he's been in the league since 2015. What's his trajectory for development? He needs to get better, and it seems that he WILL improve given his age and where he started, but how far?

This year will be good to see what both Ehinger and Witzmann have throughout the season. Hopefully between the two of them we begin to see a LG who's more balanced between pass/run strengths.
OL depth is SORELY needed across the board.

But it'd be nice to add another legit WR or CB.

ILB will be a big area of need shortly too. Losing DJ will suck, he's been one of my favorite Chiefs ever since they drafted him. I remember in college watching 2005 draft w/ my roomates :-) Lions took another WR Mike Williams, and I was on edge of my seat because the way the draft was going there was a good chance he was gonna fall to KC as long as CAR didn't pick him. CAR then picked Thomas Davis and I'm not kidding I jumped w/ joy. Was disappointed at first but DJ was on some shitty defenses..then Haley was able to bring the best out of the guy in the 34. Thank god.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 01:35 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Nope
Oh trippy...i assumed this as well
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:36 PM 08-19-2017
I can guarantee you a 5th rd rookie OL was not the anchor, or glue that held this oline together. cmon man. The guy had zero live NFL playing exp. Lets wait a little before we call this guy king.
He was a fourth rounder and was much more mobile than Zach Fulton
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:37 PM 08-19-2017
OL depth is SORELY needed across the board.
Welcome to the NFL
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:38 PM 08-19-2017
ILB will be a big area of need shortly too.
The Chiefs don't value ILBer in this scheme and besides that, they've brought in plenty of players at the position the past few years.

They're not taking an ILBer in the first or second round.
[Reply]
HemiEd 02:47 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Would really like to see this Oline improve in short yardage situation, but I believe a big part of the issue Reid not emphasizing running between the tackles. This offense could benefit a lot from the ability to grind clock on the ground.
Yeah, he is still Andy Reid so we have to accept that I guess.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:52 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He was a fourth rounder and was much more mobile than Zach Fulton
4th rd 5th rd whatever. it doesn't matter.

not debating fulton isn't slow, but he's not the reason why the running game sucked. there's plenty of blame to go around across the board.

Just further proves this team needs more ol depth....badly.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:56 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs don't value ILBer in this scheme and besides that, they've brought in plenty of players at the position the past few years.

They're not taking an ILBer in the first or second round.
If the guy is a playmaker they most certainly will, or "could".

And you dont know what the Chiefs will or wont do, so stfu. They very well could draft a ILB early. That's not out of the norm by any means. They haven't done so because they never had to. DJ has anchoring that position for yrs. But father time eventually prevails and he'll need to be replaced.

To think this team couldnt' use a playmaking badass at ILB, and wouldn't draft one early if one was available and worth taking, is just stupid.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up