ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>What non-Chiefs teams/storylines interest you this season?
Direckshun 10:35 AM 08-18-2017
For me, the 1st thing I'm super excited about is the development of all the rookie QBs this season.

Tribusky, Mahomes, Watson, and Kizer. All four have been getting awesome reviews and this league is THIRSTING for some new premier QB talents. The top QBs in this league for a decade have been Rodgers and Brady. I'm excited for all of these guys and I hope they all turn out to be amazing.

Another thing I'm very excited for is Tennessee. I'm a sucker for great OL play and the Titans have two of the best tackles in the game. I am dying for Mariota to develop and for that defense to bring some heat this year. As a fan of a small-market team I'm always predisposed to keeping up with some of the smaller markets, and I think Tennessee has a lot of talent and could surprise some folks this year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:15 AM 08-19-2017
Hey cumdumpsterman... Mario Edwards hasn't proven jack fucking shit and STILL has a bum hamstring. You sound like Chiefs fans in 2015 telling everybody that Dee Ford was going to destroy teams.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:29 AM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Dylan:
I am wondering if the Patriots trade Brady at the end of the season.

George R.R. Martin loves football and hates the N.E. Patriots. He calls Bill Belichick "Evil Bill.

Martin's 'beloved team' is the N.Y. Giants - He also roots for the N.Y. Jets. He was disappointed when the Giants let Victor Cruz go - Cruz is one of his favorite players on the team.

Just so you know, Martin likes the K.C. Chiefs a lot. After the Giants were out of the playoffs, he was rooting hard for the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl. I remember Martin indulging in an enjoyable recollection of Hank Stram.

Martin chats with NFL football fans on his blog. He loves the draft and watches it from beginning to end.

Football fans that engage in conversation with Martin are very respectful, even the fans of NFL teams Martin strongly dislikes.

I remember Martin saying that the Patriots should have received a 'deflated football' as a trophy after the Patriots won the Super Bowl. :-)

To Buehler: I hope your friend is not a "Games of Thrones" fan because Martin hates the Eagles - He calls the team "The Iggles," same as NFL fans.

I do not know what made me think of all of that - Maybe "Evil Bill?"

I will edit this post with a link to GRRM's live NFL blog for anyone who may be interested. It is a hoot.

Edit: GRRM's Live NFL Journal (press previous at the bottom of the page)

http://grrm.livejournal.com/tag/nfl
Maybe he should stop rooting for 2 NY teams and invest a little more time in finishing that damn book.
[Reply]
Black Bob 08:32 AM 08-19-2017
The Texans...

Deshawn Watson winning QB job... JJ Watt coming back.
[Reply]
milkman 08:40 AM 08-19-2017
I am most interested in how the Browns handle Kizor.

Of the 4 rookie QBs, he, to me, is the one most likely to be ruined if he is given the job too early because of his lack of maturity.

The other thing that interests me is what kind of impact Christian McCaffrey has in Carolina.
If he isn't a bust, he could really be a weapon that Newton utilizes to making that next step as a QB.
[Reply]
Dylan 09:09 AM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Maybe he should stop rooting for 2 NY teams and invest a little more time in finishing that damn book.
:-)

Fans have asked him that same question. His answer might surprise you.

GRRM was born and raised in Bayonne, New Jersey :-)

He is also a Mets fan...Although, I don't know how that happened.

I remember GRRM having a conversation with the fans of the L.A. Chargers moving to another city. He feels for you...

Edit: I remember why he is a Mets fan - Originally, he was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan before the baseball team moved to LA.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 09:32 AM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I follow and like the Bengals a lot and I can't agree with this at all.

The Bengals had a shaky line last season and let their 2 best linemen leave in FA. Zeitler was one of the best RGs in the NFL and they let him leave for Cleveland to keep a mediocre Kirkpatrick. Oh and Pacman is really slipping, Geno Atkins is starting to rack up wear and tear and the passrushing is largely an unknown.

Andy Dalton is gonna get piss pounded and Marvin Lewis is a lame duck coach. Mixon is certainly an upgrade from Hill, but man does the OLine suck.

Pittsburgh is gonna run the North and are the real challenger to NE.
Pitt will always be good on offense if Ben stays healthy. The key to their season is how good the defense can be. If JJ's baby bro is any good, they could be tough.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:30 AM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by cmdrzman:
The Raiders were the most penalized team last

Raiders most certainly did upgrade their defense-

Edwards Jr is back fully healthy and rookie DT Eddie Vanderdoes is just wrecking dudes- You will know his name soon enough- That Raiders DL is going to be very good
Meh...they certainly weren't the most penalized team in the final 3 minutes. Raiders had SEVEN 4th quarter comebacks...which I believe is an NFL record. They out scored teams like 42-0 in the final 3 minutes...which was heavily aided by questionable calls all going against their opponent.

So...in order for a previously 7-9 Oakland team to make the play-offs...they had to set multiple NFL records. #1. The least amount of net points (+31) for a 12-4 team...it's the lowest in 97 years. #2. The needed seven 4th quarter comebacks...Sorry if I'm not buying the hype.

If you want to know the real reason Lynch came out of retirement...you can visit Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_8gfk3b4bhh_b

Sitting during the Anthem is good publicity for his anti-establishment brand demographic...he's using the Raiders like a marketing tool and they are using him to keep disgruntled fans engaged during the off-season. He's already publicly stated that he "didn't miss football".

It's a mutual publicity stunt...and actually pretty smart on his part. Building his "Beast Mode" brand......

Edwards is an average player and if your banking on a 3rd round rookie DT to "wreck dudes" and save your defense...well, there is no fixing dumb...Your team doesn't even have a starting LT and their starting CB just got arrested for assault.
[Reply]
Kaepernick 01:12 PM 08-19-2017
Trubisky. He has amped up the team every time he has played this preseason. I have no doubt the Bears coaches can screw him up, but if by some miracle he receives decent QB development under Fox, and the line gives him half way decent protection, I'm intrigued to see what he can do his rookie year. I think he will be the starter out of the gate or at least by game 3.
[Reply]
TimBone 02:24 PM 08-19-2017
I'm really in to Game of Thrones, although the storyline in the last episode was kinda cheesy to me.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:35 PM 08-19-2017
Changed my mind.

Going with Christian Mccacfrey. What will he do in the NFL.
[Reply]
cmdrzman 04:51 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Hey cumdumpsterman... Mario Edwards hasn't proven jack ****ing shit and STILL has a bum hamstring. You sound like Chiefs fans in 2015 telling everybody that Dee Ford was going to destroy teams.
You dumb- His rookie year he had 42 tackles, 2 int's and 4 forced fumbles- won defensive player of the week and was voted one of several rookie of the year from PFF before he hurt his neck in week 14... he missed all of last year and that hurt Oakland- he's back now.. and killing it-
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:53 PM 08-19-2017
Originally Posted by Kaepernick:
Trubisky. He has amped up the team every time he has played this preseason. I have no doubt the Bears coaches can screw him up, but if by some miracle he receives decent QB development under Fox, and the line gives him half way decent protection, I'm intrigued to see what he can do his rookie year. I think he will be the starter out of the gate or at least by game 3.
On the road @ Cardinals will be a good test for him
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up