ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Devil's Candy
Rausch 11:48 AM 08-08-2017
I'm sure a thread has already been made but I couldn't find one.

If it has delete this one and just add my post to that one.

That said: HOLY SHIT!

It's been a long time since there's been a film where people were just people and while quirky were believable. The child actually seemed to like a parent and the parents actually seemed to like each other.

This wasn't a divorce-based-disaster-piece or hollywood driven "every family at the core is basically f'ed up" movie.

It was a different family dynamic that made a move and then entered the common horror movie trope. After that it changed.

I was actually impressed with a child actor and a low budget cast as a whole.

The best thing I could say about this flick is it's a low budget version of The Shining...
[Reply]
Fish 11:55 AM 08-08-2017

[Reply]
Rausch 12:17 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
It was a good, low budget, horror movie...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:43 PM 08-08-2017
Damn you for not posting a link. I wanted to be lazy!!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:49 PM 08-08-2017
Wow, looks pretty intense!
[Reply]
rocknrolla 08:55 AM 08-09-2017
Looks really creepy, will give is a shot on Netflix. The painting thing reminds me of the Dexter season with Hanks jr.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:41 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
Looks really creepy, will give is a shot on Netflix. The painting thing reminds me of the Dexter season with Hanks jr.
First time I've ever heard a heavy metal sound track used to create dread in a horror flick.

I remember AD/DC in Maximum Overdrive but it wasn't used to create a creepy or evil atmosphere like this.

A few (non-spoiler) reviews.

NSFW

[Reply]
Nzoner 03:32 PM 08-14-2017
That heavy set actor played the guy with all the personalities in Identity.I remember seeing him thinking he's one hell of an actor and am looking forward to catching him in this one.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 12:05 AM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
First time I've ever heard a heavy metal sound track used to create dread in a horror flick.

I remember AD/DC in Maximum Overdrive but it wasn't used to create a creepy or evil atmosphere like this.

A few (non-spoiler) reviews.

NSFW

the

The sound track to Trick or Treat back in I want to say 1989 is probably my favorite,
[Reply]
Rausch 10:07 AM 09-25-2017
One more bump before eventual thread death.

Just curious if anyone had given it a chance...
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:09 AM 09-25-2017
I watched it a few weeks ago. I liked it. I don't remember it too much at the moment, but i do remember enjoying it. I also remember being disappointed with the ending.

It's a horror movie for Metal Heads.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:25 PM 09-25-2017
I watched it a few weeks ago as well and thought it was fairly entertaining. I remember thinking it could've been more brutal, but that's pretty much every movie I watch.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:51 PM 09-25-2017
there's a thread for this. Please get your shit together. http://chiefsplanet.com/bb/showthread.php?t=302715
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:52 PM 09-25-2017
That said - t'will give this one a watch tonight.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:10 PM 09-26-2017
Half way through - pretty good - that guy reminds me of you Rausch
[Reply]
Up