ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Media Center>IT remake 2017
thabear04 10:12 AM 07-14-2016

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...phen-kings-it/

Things are really floating for Andrés Muschietti’s two-part remake of Stephen King’s It. A few weeks ago, the filmmaker posted a few pieces of concept art and set photos for his adaptation, and now he’s gone ahead and unleashed a terrifying first look at Bill Skarsgård as the nefarious titular force, Pennywise.

The soon-to-be 26-year-old actor spoke to Entertainment Weekly about the “extreme character,” specifically its complicated mythos: “He’s not even a clown. I’m playing just one of the beings It creates,” he explained, adding: “What’s funny to this evil entity might not be funny to everyone else. But he thinks it’s funny.”

Skarsgård also addressed the big shoes waiting to be filled with sewage water. “Tim Curry’s performance was truly great, but it’s important for me to do something different because of that,” he remarks of the veteran actor’s iconic role in the 1990 mini-series. “I’ll never be able to make a Tim Curry performance as good as Tim Curry.”

Better yet, the kid’s hit the books, as he contends: “I’ve been doing some clown research. I’m not sure if there was so much clown phobia before the novel. There’s obviously been this thing where people find clowns are unsettling, but nobody explored it the way Stephen King did.”

As previously reported, this adaptation will split King’s original 1986 novel into two movies. The first will follow the children being stalked by the titular shapeshifting monster, while the second will pick up decades later, when those same kids are confronting their same demons as adults.

Jaeden Lieberher, Finn Wolfhard, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, and Jeremy Ray Taylor lead the pack as The Losers Club which Skarsgård’s Pennywise and Owen Teague’s bullish Patrick Hocksetter will prey upon. Their adult counterparts have yet to be cast and it’s still unclear if they will prior to the first installment’s release.

Filming is currently underway in Port Hope, Ontario, which the production team has turned into Derry, Maine. Dread Central recently stumbled upon a number of juicy set photos, confirming the time frame (Summer 1989) and the appearance of one terrifying form of It (ahem, he’s carrying an axe). Take a look at a handful of shots below.

The first half of Stephen King’s It hits theaters September 8th, 2017.

[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:03 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Valiant:
The first half of the tv show was pure horror and scary to me. 2nd part when they are adults sucked ass. Hopefully they take liberties and make it scary from top to bottom. Take some notes from stranger things.
I always thought this too. First part was amazing, second part not so much.

The misses and I saw the movie last weekend. She thought it was better, I thought it was worse. Especially Pennywise.
[Reply]
Otter 03:04 PM 10-04-2017
Saw the original around 8 years old (way too early for that movie) and I'm too seasoned of a veteran in life to be scared by make believe clowns these days but a few thoughts after viewing.

Tough to stand up to the original after it was ingrained in your mind so early and literally kept you up nights for awhile.

6.5/10
[Reply]
Otter 03:20 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Saw IT last night and enjoyed IT quite a bit.

I actually liked it more than the original (ducks for cover). Loved the humor, didn't mind the cussing. Sure, we could sit here and nitpick it as it wasn't perfect.

The kids always wandering off annoyed me more than anything. "Guys, we gotta stick together"...and then a kid immediately wanders off...every freakin' time.

It was engaging, it was humorous, i thought they executed the time period extremely well and i thought Pennywise was significantly more creepy than the original.
"I don't even need these pills! They're gazebos!" :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 04:18 PM 10-04-2017
Wait wait wait, so this isn't the worst movie ever made? I just assumed it would be after watching previews. LOL Horror movies.
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:28 PM 10-29-2017
I wasn't crazy about this one. The CGI was sub par for one thing. Pennywise was pretty lame, especially compared to Tim Curry's interpretation. The acting was mixed at best; the boy who played the main bully was pretty bad and so was the Jewish kid.

The weakest aspect to me was that almost every scene was a "monster attacks" scene. There were some character development moments, but many of them were part of the attack scenes. It's like having Jaws bite someone in every single scene; sometimes you need to let the audience breathe before you start ratcheting up the tension again.

Confession: outside of Tim Curry I didn't really like the original It. I also don't like the novel; it's insanely bloated. You don't need a novel the size of War and Peace to tell this type of story.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:09 PM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I wasn't crazy about this one. The CGI was sub par for one thing. Pennywise was pretty lame, especially compared to Tim Curry's interpretation. The acting was mixed at best; the boy who played the main bully was pretty bad and so was the Jewish kid.

The weakest aspect to me was that almost every scene was a "monster attacks" scene. There were some character development moments, but many of them were part of the attack scenes. It's like having Jaws bite someone in every single scene; sometimes you need to let the audience breathe before you start ratcheting up the tension again.

Confession: outside of Tim Curry I didn't really like the original It. I also don't like the novel; it's insanely bloated. You don't need a novel the size of War and Peace to tell this type of story.
Tim Curry was fantastic in the original. :-)
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:45 PM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
"I don't even need these pills! They're gazebos!" :-)
The new one is better than the ****ing mini-series. People get nostalgic and refuse to be open minded. The newest was scarier and way less “campy.”

Curry was great, sure. However, he was never really all that frightening. My only bitch with the new one is that pennywise is supposed to be a bit less scary at first. As soon as you see him, you know that no kid is going to run up and ask for a goddamned balloon. They’ll be too busy pissing themselves. They just did it too well. Great flick though. Can’t wait for the next one.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 06:35 PM 11-03-2017
My kids went as old and new Pennywise for Halloween this year. Reactions were priceless going house to house trick or treating.
Attached: 22853294_10214499933556644_772328520345484848_n.jpg (149.5 KB) 23131834_10214499683830401_5579429506522416037_n.jpg (120.3 KB) 22894312_10214499683870402_2246915411037787212_n.jpg (106.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Up