ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Per PFT, Bieniemy becomes logical candidate for CU Buffaloes job
arrowheadnation 01:47 AM 02-12-2020
I think he stays with the Chiefs for one more year and gets hired by an NFL team next year.

Eric Bieniemy becomes logical candidate for Colorado job after Mel Tucker's reported departure https://t.co/bXS772dS7Q

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 12, 2020

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:01 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Here's the current Head Coaches in the NFL that I would take Eric Bienemy over.

Kliff Kingsbury
Matt Rhule
Sean McDermott
Zac Taylor
Kevin Stefanski
Vic Fangio
Bill O'Brien
Doug Marrone
Joe Judge
Adam Gase

I amazes me how stupid NFL owners are sometimes when it comes to the sport. Thank god we have Clark Hunt who actually tries and gives a shit.
I'd take Bieniemy over Gruden.
[Reply]
Matrix 10:16 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
BOO
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:22 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think it's a given that EB gets a NFL HC job next year.

However, it's not like he couldn't take a college HC job now, make that team great or at least very good in two or three years, and get a NFL HC job down the road. It's been done before.

But there's also another question: what does EB want?

One thing about college coaching jobs is that they are far more stable than NFL coaching jobs. EB could take that CU job, which probably would pay more than what he's getting now, and know that he wouldn't have to worry about getting fired for a dozen years.

The NFL doesn't offer that kind of stability. In today's NFL, he could take a HC job next season, and be fired a season or two later.
But if he fails as the head coach at Colorado (it's possible... that program kind of sucks) then it's gonna be a lot harder to get back to the status he currently has in the NFL. More than likely the opening he would find on an NFL coaching staff would be back as a RB coach.

I think he wants to reach the top. He wants to be a head coach in the NFL. The Bill Walsh quote that Lombardi shat out is misapplied here. It's not like Bieniemy is turning down NFL teams who offer him the job. He's turning down moving backwards to the peewee leagues instead of looking for PROMOTIONS.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:30 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Colorado isn't on the same planet as Michigan
Harbaugh still says hold my beer

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:41 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Bieniemy is probably going to be a fine head coach, but he has the potential to fail spectacularly if he takes that CU job
I have said in several threads in the past, that being a successful college head coach isn't about coaching, it's about recruiting.

Sure, there will always be one or two anomalies, like Bill Snyder, but for the most part if you can't recruit, it doesn't matter how good of a coach you are, you can't create a successful program.

Look at guys like Saban and Spurrier. They are just very good recruiters, or excel at hiring very good recruiters, but they really can't coach. They both attempted to coach NFL teams, and their inability to actually coach became very evident.

I don't like Pete Carroll. But he won a Super Bowl. But I don't think he can coach. He kinda lucked into an all-time defense, and a surprisingly good QB. And even with that luck, his poor coaching cost his team a 2nd Super Bowl championship.

[Reply]
Bweb 10:25 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have said in several threads in the past, that being a successful college head coach isn't about coaching, it's about recruiting.

Sure, there will always be one or two anomalies, like Bill Snyder, but for the most part if you can't recruit, it doesn't matter how good of a coach you are, you can't create a successful program.

Look at guys like Saban and Spurrier. They are just very good recruiters, or excel at hiring very good recruiters, but they really can't coach. They both attempted to coach NFL teams, and their inability to actually coach became very evident.

I don't like Pete Carroll. But he won a Super Bowl. But I don't think he can coach. He kinda lucked into an all-time defense, and a surprisingly good QB. And even with that luck, his poor coaching cost his team a 2nd Super Bowl championship.

Truth! For the most part, the college team with the best players win. If you can recruit the top players, you win.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:36 PM 02-13-2020
College is as much about recruiting as it is coaching. You can suck because you don't have a good enough recruiting system. You only step down to college if you feel you're at a dead end in the NFL. EB is not at a dead end, he's at the precipice of becoming an HC.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:38 PM 02-13-2020

Per source, the University of Colorado has reached out to respected KC Chiefs offensive coordinator/CU alumni Eric Bienemy about its vacant head coaching job.
There is preliminary mutual interest between CU and Bienemy. It would be a great move by Buffs AD Rick George. #9sports

— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) February 13, 2020

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:04 PM 02-13-2020

For the first time since it lost its head coach this week, Colorado reached out tonight to Chiefs’ OC Eric Bienemy to gauge his interest in the job and returning to Boulder, where he went to school, per source. “Nothing imminent,” source said. “EB is doing his due diligence.”

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 14, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:10 PM 02-13-2020
Stay EB!!! You get to coach a once in a generational QB and don’t have to recruit
[Reply]
staylor26 09:14 PM 02-13-2020
There’s absolutely no way EB doesn’t get an NFL HC job eventually if he stays with Mahomes/Reid.

Now if he goes to Colorado and fails? He could possibly never get that opportunity again. This is a no brainer and I’d be shocked if he takes that job.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:28 PM 02-13-2020
I wouldn’t be surprised if he took it just bc it’s his college. Wouldn’t surprise me if he turned it down either since it’s a terrible job.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:28 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Here's the current Head Coaches in the NFL that I would take Eric Bienemy over.

Kliff Kingsbury
Matt Rhule
Sean McDermott
Zac Taylor
Kevin Stefanski
Vic Fangio
Bill O'Brien
Doug Marrone
Joe Judge
Adam Gase

I amazes me how stupid NFL owners are sometimes when it comes to the sport. Thank god we have Clark Hunt who actually tries and gives a shit.
I get not hiring him this year (except for Joe judge and I hope like hell this guy is a bust). But who in the right mind looked at Adam gase and zac taylor and thought those guys were better options. Don't think bieniemy was snubbed this year. Last year is a complete joke.

And much as I like the dude I'm also eager to see Kafka in this role.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:02 AM 02-14-2020
His coaching style would translate better to college, IMO.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:10 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I get not hiring him this year (except for Joe judge and I hope like hell this guy is a bust). But who in the right mind looked at Adam gase and zac taylor and thought those guys were better options. Don't think bieniemy was snubbed this year. Last year is a complete joke.

And much as I like the dude I'm also eager to see Kafka in this role.
Right? Gase rode the coat tails of Peyton Manning and that Defense, got the Miami job, failed after a one time 10-6 season, then spun that into another job with the Jets.

Zac Taylor, I still don't know who the hell that guy is and don't want to spend the time to Google it.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up