ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone have an Air Fryer
Fat Elvis 11:12 PM 03-04-2019
If you have an Air Fryer, how do you like it, and do you have any goo recipes to share?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:13 PM 03-04-2019
My kids love it. Basically anything you would fry you can cook in the air fryer without any oil.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:16 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
My kids love it. Basically anything you would fry you can cook in the air fryer without any oil.
I don't have anything beyond this.

I did pop some wheat in it that was pretty pimp, but that's probably not much ado on your world.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:19 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
If you have an Air Fryer, how do you like it, and do you have any goo recipes to share?
I gotta goo recipe for ya
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:21 PM 03-04-2019
I keep one at my lake house just for cooking fish
[Reply]
stanleychief 11:21 PM 03-04-2019
I found a Breville BOV900BSS on Amazon that was sold as a scratch-n-dent unit. I got it for 50% off. I couldn't be happier!

Really, just about anything you would deep fry, you can air fry. I was skeptical at first, thinking it was a bunch of marketing hype, but after trying a few things, the results are pretty good. Foods brown and crisp up just like they would in a fryer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 PM 03-04-2019
Baked potatoes are freaking excellent. Brush them with a little olive oil and salt and it's kind of like turning an entire potato into one big steak fry.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
I found a Breville BOV900BSS on Amazon that was sold as a scratch-n-dent unit. I got it for 50% off. I couldn't be happier!

Really, just about anything you would deep fry, you can air fry. I was skeptical at first, thinking it was a bunch of marketing hype, but after trying a few things, the results are pretty good. Foods brown and crisp up just like they would in a fryer.
Yep.

Chicken strips, breaded fish, you name it, if it can be fried, it can be air-fried.

And even stuff you wouldn't expect works out well, like raw veggies or unbranded shrimp.
[Reply]
loochy 05:52 AM 03-05-2019
Yes. It's a very fast and easy way to heat/reheat things without making them soggy. Think of it as a tiny convection oven that requires no preheat time. We use ours 4 to 5 times a week.

Get an air fryer and an instantpot and your life will be so much easier.
[Reply]
Monkey God 07:10 AM 03-05-2019
We have a Ninja Foodi...it's like an Insta Pot but also has an air fryer feature...it is awesome!!! Use the air fryer function a lot. Made perfect chicken wings this past weekend.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:20 AM 03-05-2019
Has any one tried to make onion rings in it? I worry that the outside would be done way before the inside. Sams/Costco have some premade ones in the frozen section that look great.

Btw, the sams knock off chick-fil-a chicken nuggets are fantastic in it.
[Reply]
threebag 07:23 AM 03-05-2019
Great another air fryer thread. Only thing better than this will be when they get bumped in about 7 years.
[Reply]
loochy 07:44 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Has any one tried to make onion rings in it? I worry that the outside would be done way before the inside. Sams/Costco have some premade ones in the frozen section that look great.

Btw, the sams knock off chick-fil-a chicken nuggets are fantastic in it.
You should be able to adjust the heat down and the time up to avoid burning the outside....maybe 300 degrees for 8 minutes to do the inside, then a quick blast of 390 for a minute to crisp the outside? Get a single ring in there and test it out.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:56 AM 03-05-2019
I fry chicken in it.. have to spray a little olive oil or cooking oil on them to get the golden brown crust.. still much healthier than deep frying..
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:57 AM 03-05-2019
I also have a Ninja Foodi. It is awesome. You can pressure cook and air fry a rack of ribs from package to plate in less than 2 hours. Frozen chicken wings from package to plate in less than an hour. I love this thing.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up