ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 511 of 791
« First < 11411461501507508509510511 512513514515521561611 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:50 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
https://operations.nfl.com/football-...ant-nfl-dates/
That says the trading period officially began yesterday, just like free agency.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 08:51 AM 03-14-2019
I would value those picks highly too, unless you're dealing with a unique opportunity to get an elite player in need of a scenery change who fit a specific need.

There's really only two players I would look at who fit that bill...Jalen Ramsey and Patrick Peterson. I know they both made nice publicly, but I'm not convinced Peterson couldn't be had and considering the inflow of Brown to the division and Beckham to the AFC, I would love to see us bring in a top CB that way.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:53 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
I would value those picks highly too, unless you're dealing with a unique opportunity to get an elite player in need of a scenery change who fit a specific need.

There's really only two players I would look at who fit that bill...Jalen Ramsey and Patrick Peterson. I know they both made nice publicly, but I'm not convinced Peterson couldn't be had and considering the inflow of Brown to the division and Beckham to the AFC, I would love to see us bring in a top CB that way.
If you wanna trade Minnesota is where you look...they have a bunch of highly drafted and 2 highly paid CBs...they have 2 mill of cap space this year and basically that same number next year..

If there is a team that desperately needs cap relief and has a surplus of guys where they could move one, it's them.

I'd flip a 3rd for Rhodes or Waynes, that's different than a 30 year old end.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:56 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, a 3rd is probably pretty steep.

But 13.5 mil isn't really that expensive for a pass rusher if he doesnt' fall off a cliff.
That's why I mentioned his age.

30 years old is pretty damn close to 'falling off a cliff' for most players. Granted, 4-3 DE's seem to age better, at least to my recollection, but that's still pretty iffy.

I'd want to be able to move off that deal in 2020 if he runs out of gas this year. That's easily done based on the contract; the bonus is all on NYG's books. But if you invest a 3rd rounder to get him, it's gonna sting to cut him after only 1 year.

I'm willing to do the 5th pretty easy because if it doesn't work out, you cut him after the season and you're out a little cap space in '19 plus a nominal pick. But giving up a 3rd...you're not exactly pot committed at that price, but you're not far removed from it either.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:56 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
So is it Alvin Bailey or Allen Bailey?
it's Allven Bailey
[Reply]
Mecca 08:58 AM 03-14-2019
I know it's been mentioned a few times but watch out for the Chiefs to flip a small offer at Tre Boston...He was in Arizona with Merrit last year so there is a connection there.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:58 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
He looks elated
lol. He be like - "Shit man, I gotta live in Detroit. DETROIT!".
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's why I mentioned his age.

30 years old is pretty damn close to 'falling off a cliff' for most players. Granted, 4-3 DE's seem to age better, at least to my recollection, but that's still pretty iffy.

I'd want to be able to move off that deal in 2020 if he runs out of gas this year. That's easily done based on the contract; the bonus is all on NYG's books. But if you invest a 3rd rounder to get him, it's gonna sting to cut him after only 1 year.

I'm willing to do the 5th pretty easy because if it doesn't work out, you cut him after the season and you're out a little cap space in '19 plus a nominal pick. But giving up a 3rd...you're not exactly pot committed at that price, but you're not far removed from it either.
Yeah, I was overzealous with the 3rd. But point still stands.

If it were a 5th or they'd give you their 4th and him for our 3rd, i'd do that.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 08:59 AM 03-14-2019
Todd Archer
@toddarcher
The Cowboys offered Sammy Watkins $16m per year last season. If you thought Amari Cooper’s contract could possibly come in less than that you’ve not paid attention. Whenever that deal is done it will be $17m-plus on average.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:00 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:

[Reply]
Simply Red 09:01 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I know it's been mentioned a few times but watch out for the Chiefs to flip a small offer at Tre Boston...He was in Arizona with Merrit last year so there is a connection there.
Tell me more about Boston - Some CP'ers were shitting all over his name a few days ago. Is he any good. I don't know anything about him. Is he cute?!?!
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 09:01 AM 03-14-2019
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Browns are giving former Chiefs’ TE Demetrius Harris a 2-year, $6 million deal that includes $3.25M guaranteed, per source.

Lol
[Reply]
O.city 09:03 AM 03-14-2019
You could send a 7th or something to New York for Janoris Jenkins i'd think.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:04 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Tell me more about Boston - Some CP'ers were shitting all over his name a few days ago. Is he any good. I don't know anything about him. Is he cute?!?!
He's ok, basically a centerfield type of FS. Nothing special but solid enough to be able to play and not make you want to choke him like Eric Murray.

I expect some signings like that to try not to pigeon hole themselves in the draft.

You don't want go in basically saying well we have to draft Adderly no matter who else is there even though that is probably my favorite guy.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:04 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You could send a 7th or something to New York for Janoris Jenkins i'd think.
I'm surprised he hasn't been cut.
[Reply]
Page 511 of 791
« First < 11411461501507508509510511 512513514515521561611 > Last »
Up