ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Cowboys strength and conditioning coach [has died from a heart attack]
Mecca 11:48 AM 11-24-2020
Markus Paul was 54, appears he had a heart attack, they sent everyone home.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:23 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Machismo.

Same reason dumbasses say they never take vacation. F that.
That's insane.
[Reply]
wazu 02:27 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Machismo.

Same reason dumbasses say they never take vacation. F that.
Originally Posted by vailpass:
That's insane.
Sounds like we got us a couple of vacation-taking pussies.
[Reply]
Cheater5 02:30 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It happens all too frequently and I've known a few myself.

Many people *think* they're in good health because they're physically strong and/or don't get sick very often and because of that, they ignore the need to have annual physicals to check their blood pressure, heart, internal organs, etc.

For whatever reason, there's a real stigma in this country seeing a doctor. It's like some kind of "Badge of Honor" to say "I haven't been to a doctor in 10 years and I feel great!".

I have friends who do this-- and we've talked about it over beers. In their case it's fear, really. They'd rather ignore a potential issue than face their own mortality. Yes-- they're choosing to possibly die prematurely in lieu of dealing with a heart problem, cancer, being obese, etc. instead of attacking the issue. Getting angry or shaming them doesn't work.

Coincidentally, I had dinner with one of those people last night; he's 51 years old, ate sausage biscuits and pancakes for breakfast, burritos and beers for lunch and had been steadily drinking tequila since 4 p.m. He laughs and says he'll be dead in five years; I told him we'll make sure his 18 year old son is lead pall bearer.

He doesn't want to face the music about his health.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:31 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Damn. It's always hard to comprehend how someone who (presumably) is in great shape can go so young. :-)
Genetics
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:37 PM 11-24-2020
Seems like the Thanksgiving Day games are arriving with less than positive storylines.

The Ravens battling Corona, Patricia about to get fired by Detoilet, and now this.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:22 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Successful people like that really should get their heart checked out because of the stress they go through.
Absolutely.

This particular guy thought that moving from Los Angeles to his hometown of Austin, Texas would be the stress reliever that he needed.

He died less than 2 months after moving back.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:02 PM 11-24-2020
The Beav has progressed from maiming Dak to breaking Cowgirls fans’ hearts to killing off coaches.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:09 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's usually called being poor cause you know in America healthcare is a privilege not a right.
Originally Posted by TLO:
:-)
While I'm not POOR at the moment... I can say that I definitely do no to got the doctor unless something is falling off because doc visits are so expensive. I need to get to one soon though as my shoulder is about ready to qualify as "something falling off".
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:45 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Genetics
^^^This
One of the reasons I visit my cardiologist once a year.
On my father's side of the family: Grandfather, father, two uncles died from heart attacks

I do cardio all the time and try to eat a relatively healthy diet, but it still scares the bejeebers out of me.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 05:37 PM 11-25-2020
just saw on ESPN that he died. sad....only 54.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:41 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
just saw on ESPN that he died. sad....only 54.
Confirmed.

#Cowboys strength and conditioning coordinator Markus Paul, a great guy no matter who you asked, has passed away. pic.twitter.com/PNTLnRCvTy

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 25, 2020

[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up