ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 24
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So have we hit the Justin Herbert is overhyped mark yet?
Mecca 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
I get his numbers are good but I've got people on ESPN saying he'll be a top 3 QB by the end of next year...fansided saying he should be an MVP candidate right now when his team has 3 wins...

WTF is going on here?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:42 AM 11-23-2020
Mahomes
Carr
Herbert
Lock

AFC west set for years.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:42 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Mike Williams and Mike Evans are the same damn guy, so to say Williams isn't good is kinda weird.
Not a chance in hell dude. Mike Williams doesn't move like Mike Evans.

Mike Williams is closer to prime Kelvin Benjamin.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:43 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sorry, but i don't. I think you're a good evaluator, therefore i'm baffled why you choose to die on this hill. My only explanation is that you aren't really fully evaluating these games and Herbert in the context of the games.
Yeah, I'm not a good evaluator that's it. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 11:44 AM 11-23-2020
Not a chance in hell dude. Mike Williams doesn't move like Mike Evans.

Mike Williams is closer to prime Kelvin Benjamin.
I disagree with that, I view him and Evans as very similar players.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:46 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Mahomes
Carr
Herbert
Lock

AFC west set for years.
See.

This is where the conversation goes off the tracks.

Herbert has been good this season. Hell, he's been GREAT at times. He's playing way above expectations, especially for a rookie.

But here's yet another post that just ordains him as competition for Mahomes for the next decade.

It doesn't work that way. Even detoxing in his defense of Herbert says he'll really only fully develop if they overhaul the ENTIRE coaching staff. Do you know how fucking hard that is to do? There's a dozen teams in the NFL right now going through their 3rd and 4th tries in the last decade doing JUST THAT.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:47 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
See.

This is where the conversation goes off the tracks.

Herbert has been good this season. Hell, he's been GREAT at times. He's playing way above expectations, especially for a rookie.

But here's yet another post that just ordains him as competition for Mahomes for the next decade.

It doesn't work that way. Even detoxing in his defense of Herbert says he'll really only fully develop if they overhaul the ENTIRE coaching staff. Do you know how fucking hard that is to do? There's a dozen teams in the NFL right now going through their 3rd and 4th tries in the last decade doing JUST THAT.
Then he gets to learn an entirely new offense...Allen is aging, Williams is likely to leave as a FA soon..
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:47 AM 11-23-2020
People are talking about him being TOP FIVE and an MVP candidate. That's where I have an issue. You're moving the goalposts.
Any MVP talk is ridiculous click bait. MVP awards dont go to teams with losing records, so it's OBVIOUS click bait.

Is he top 5, he's sniffing around there as far as THIS season is concerned.

Lets see:

Mahomes
Rodgers
Wilson

GAP

Murray
Allen

and then...

you have this group of

Brady
Tannehill
Herbert
Carr
Rivers

I think 1-3 isn't debatable. I feel strongly about 4-5. The order of the rest is a matter of opinion.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:48 AM 11-23-2020
Yeah, I'm not a good evaluator that's it. :-)
Didn't say that. Matter of fact, the post you quoted said the exact opposite of that. I just don't think you're watching Herbert in the context of the games being played.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:49 AM 11-23-2020
I have seen enough of Daniel Jones to know he is nothing but a game manager. Burrow and Herbert are the real deal though. I would be willing to give Lock 1 more year with an in person offseason to see if he gets better but I am not sure he will be much better than he already is.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 11-23-2020
Didn't say that. Matter of fact, the post you quoted said the exact opposite of that. I just don't think you're watching Herbert in the context of the games being played.
Sorry man, I absolutely read that post wrong. My bad.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:53 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Then he gets to learn an entirely new offense...Allen is aging, Williams is likely to leave as a FA soon..
Williams needs to leave as a F/A soon IMO.

The entire offensive philosophy needs over hauled.

If the Chargers are going to translate Herbert's talent to wins they need an entirely different approach. They need to feature speed over size, RPO's and motion over I-Form, utlize Herbert's ability to run outside the pocket.

Right now they're basically Edward's R2P2 offense with no legit RB's and a shit OL.

Then they go, "Ok Herbert, get us out of trouble", then they revert back to R2P2 the moment they have a lead.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:54 AM 11-23-2020
Outside of Mahomes, he’s the best young QB. He’s shown the ability to throw into tight windows with accuracy and velocity, he’s very mobile but doesn’t quickly take off from a clean pocket and doesn’t seem to have a fatal flaw yet.

As detox said, he seems to have a skill set that is able to beat you many ways so the team can adjust the game plan as opposing defenses adjust to what he does best.

I really liked him in college. Here’s what I said about him a little over 2 years ago in October..

Originally Posted by BossChief:
In all honesty, they need to hit the reset button in Denver pretty much across the board, including Elway.

Trade Thomas, Miller and Harris for picks...maybe even before the trade deadline this year. None of them are going to be good when Denver is a good team again.

Hire Jim Harbaugh for whatever he wants in salary. Gotta hire a HC that can coach ups young QB.
Draft Justin Herbert even if you need to trade up to get him.
Draft OL and defense early and often.
Hire the best defensive mind you can get to run the defense.

Pray to God.
It’s too bad he didn’t go to the NFC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:55 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I have seen enough of Daniel Jones to know he is nothing but a game manager. Burrow and Herbert are the real deal though. I would be willing to give Lock 1 more year with an in person offseason to see if he gets better but I am not sure he will be much better than he already is.
Daniel Jones has deep ball accuracy issues but would actually be a plus QB if he didn't fumble 3 or 4 times every game.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 11-23-2020
Daniel Jones has deep ball accuracy issues but would actually be a plus QB if he didn't fumble 3 or 4 times every game.
Daniel Jones' pocket awareness is about as bad any QB we've seen in recent memory.

He's the anti-Mahomes, really. Where Mahomes has this innate feel, Jones is the opposite.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 11-23-2020
Daniel Jones' pocket awareness is about as bad any QB we've seen in recent memory.

He's the anti-Mahomes, really. Where Mahomes has this innate feel, Jones is the opposite.
Yep. He processes routes well but he doesn't sense pressure AT ALL. Like literally no sense of pressure. It's crazy.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 24
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up