ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones goes after Sneed
Deberg_1990 12:36 AM 11-23-2020
What was this about?

Chris Jones appears to be pissed at rookie DB L'Jarius Sneed after Darren Waller's wide-open TD. pic.twitter.com/caHldXhYRS

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) November 23, 2020

[Reply]
TRR 07:56 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
Anybody else notice Jones “walking” a lot during plays?

Dude was literally just standing still.
This was in every scouting report on Jones coming out of college. This, and his mediocre play in the run game. It’s tolerable when he’s getting pressure/sacks on the QB. Much more noticeable when he is not.
[Reply]
Cosmos 08:32 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I'd be more concerned if they weren't mad last night.....it's football: It's an emotional game, and when units as a whole aren't playing well, they're going to get frustrated and people are going to call other people out, and (as is the case with most everyone), I'd guess Jones was just as pissed about his own play even moreso than everyone else.

I'd also bet good money that once the game was over, they bro hugged it out in the locker room (or whatever the Covid equivalent to that is now) and all was good, particularly since they won the game.

When you have a bunch of alpha dudes fighting together in the trenches, it's sometimes going to get ugly....
I’m counting on Jones,Clark,Wharton and crew to get after Brady.....or it’s going to be a long day...and a whole lot of bitching.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:50 AM 11-24-2020

Watch him on the last Raiders TD to Witten.
[Reply]
In58men 09:00 AM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Watch him on the last Raiders TD to Witten.
No effort at all
[Reply]
TRR 09:12 AM 11-24-2020
No effort at all
I’m actually alright with that play. There are other plays much worse...plays in which he could have made a play/forced a fumble if the effort was there.

More specifically. Watch the last few plays of the first quarter, particularly the snap with about 39 seconds on the clock. The next one is about as bad with 2 seconds left. It’s the first quarter. You can’t be tired yet. Doesn’t even get off the line of scrimmage.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:28 AM 11-24-2020
I actually thought K-Pass's defensive coverage on the play was pretty damn good for a DE.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:36 AM 11-24-2020

Jones usually quits giving effort when the ball clears the LOS, or when the running play is away from him and the running back is already 5 yards past the LOS. For the most part, I don't have a problem with it, because he isn't wasting energy on a play he most likely can't make.

Originally Posted by Hoover:
I actually thought K-Pass's defensive coverage on the play was pretty damn good for a DE.
It really was good coverage, and he almost broke up the play. But, I would prefer our defensive ends not drop back into man to man coverage on the goal line, or anywhere else on the field. I have no problem with them dropping back into a short zone on blitzes or whatever, trying to catch the QB off-guard, baiting him into quickly making a bad decision, but covering a HOF tight end will never have a favorable outcome.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:00 PM 11-24-2020
Yeah, considering he's a DE, I thought he defensed Witten rather well right there. Had him covered for about 5.5 seconds before Witten finally uncovered. Not going to blame him for allowing Witten to get open after about 6 seconds.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:01 PM 11-24-2020
After watching the clip, I don't think Jones was yelling at Snead. Snead's not paying Jones hardly any attention at all.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:29 PM 11-24-2020
100%- anyone expecting more out of a defensive lineman isn't being realistic. Kpass had solid coverage for ~ 5 seconds?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:40 PM 11-24-2020
Jones just needs to channel all of this emotion towards his play on the field on a more consistent basis.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:42 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Shoes:
100%- anyone expecting more out of a defensive lineman isn't being realistic. Kpass had solid coverage for ~ 5 seconds?
I noticed that too. They scored a touchdown but Kpass worked his ass off in coverage on that play. He covered at least 3 cuts before a good throw completed a pass. Kpass is really athletic, I wonder if he would be better at LB than Niemann. :-)
[Reply]
Kman34 02:42 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, considering he's a DE, I thought he defensed Witten rather well right there. Had him covered for about 5.5 seconds before Witten finally uncovered. Not going to blame him for allowing Witten to get open after about 6 seconds.
He even got some fingers on the ball.. an inch away from knocking that down..
[Reply]
JakeF 02:46 PM 11-24-2020
Originally Posted by :
It really was good coverage, and he almost broke up the play. But, I would prefer our defensive ends not drop back into man to man coverage on the goal line, or anywhere else on the field. I have no problem with them dropping back into a short zone on blitzes or whatever, trying to catch the QB off-guard, baiting him into quickly making a bad decision, but covering a HOF tight end will never have a favorable outcome.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
The problem wasn't Kpass dropping in coverage. It was the fact that we didn't get any pressure on Carr that entire time. If we get any penetration and force Carr to throw the pass earlier Kpass probably gets the job done.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:48 PM 11-24-2020

The guy can obviously dominate when he bursts, but I'll admit that I watched one play where it stood out to me that he was sleepwalking. I was pretty surprised to see it since he usually doesn't do that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up