ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 108
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>THE COUNTDOWN to the NFL TRADE DEADLINE THREAD - Tues. Oct. 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time
arrowheadnation 10:18 AM 10-08-2019
I figured I would create one location to house all of the breaking news, rumors, pessimism, despair, helplessness, frustration, and of course optimism leading up to the 2019 NFL Trade Deadline on:

Tuesday, October 29th @ 4:00p Eastern Time

3 weeks from today! We all have ideas of what the Chiefs need so I won't go into that, but hopefully this day will come and go with better results than last year for us.
[Reply]
bowener 09:48 AM 10-22-2019
What is the likelihood that the Jets trade Leonard Williams and for what price? This is the last year of his deal ($14 million) so whoever gets him would presumably have to get a long term deal worked out for him. I'm not sure what his price would be, but if the chiefs trade for him I assume that would be a signal that Jones is gone.
[Reply]
O.city 09:51 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m fine with trades like Ogbah, Erving etc but trades like Jalen Ramsey can’t happen when you’re paying your QB huge money. The Rams were stupid to do that.

Soon the Rams will be in a fire sale just like the Falcons. They’re gonna have to offload salaries and guess what? They don’t have good draft picks.

If you think draft picks don’t matter like they used to, I’d recommend looking at the Colts model.
So if they didn't have good draft picks in the beginning, what was the point in holding on to them and hoping to hit at 50/50?

They went and got blue chip players. Coach up the rest of the mid late rounders and go from there.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:59 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@JasonLaCanfora: Falcons remain a team to watch ahead of next week's deadline. Over weekend was getting the sense they would be willing to do what's necessary (i.e. eat some salary) to move guys like Trufant, Beasley, Mack to get picks and clear out cap/cash for 2020. Very top-heavy roster
Those guys are just names now and aren’t worth their contracts.

Mack for a 5th or 6th wouldn’t bother me, but I have little interest in the other two. Trufant isn’t much better(if at all) over our top 3 CBs
[Reply]
RunKC 10:02 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So if they didn't have good draft picks in the beginning, what was the point in holding on to them and hoping to hit at 50/50?

They went and got blue chip players. Coach up the rest of the mid late rounders and go from there.
A first rd pick is 50/50. 2nd rd closer to 30/70. You want to “coach up” mid rd picks and late rounders? So you’re going from trying for 50/50 to basically 10/90 at best.

The bust rate for rd’s 4-7 is roughly 90% compared to 50% for a first rd pick. Why not just “coach up” 1st and 2nd rd picks and save money to use for FA?

So you’re okay taking on higher risk and not having any money bc you are already shelling out most of your cap to Ramsey, Donald and Goff?

Look at the Seahawks after their Super Bowl win. Their draft picks carried them and then they started trading 1st rd picks 3 years in a row and they regressed by a fair amount.

Now they are trying to load up on draft picks. I wonder why that is?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:24 AM 10-22-2019
A first rd pick is 50/50. 2nd rd closer to 30/70. You want to “coach up” mid rd picks and late rounders? So you’re going from trying for 50/50 to basically 10/90 at best.

The bust rate for rd’s 4-7 is roughly 90% compared to 50% for a first rd pick. Why not just “coach up” 1st and 2nd rd picks and save money to use for FA?

So you’re okay taking on higher risk and not having any money bc you are already shelling out most of your cap to Ramsey, Donald and Goff?

Look at the Seahawks after their Super Bowl win. Their draft picks carried them and then they started trading 1st rd picks 3 years in a row and they regressed by a fair amount.

Cause that window with those players closed. The biggest thing that hurt them was Chancellor and Avril getting career ending injuries almost at the same time.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:26 AM 10-22-2019
Trufant is a guy who I could actually see making a big difference potentially at CB. But I wouldn’t wanna trade much for him.

3rd rounder?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:51 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Cause that window with those players closed. The biggest thing that hurt them was Chancellor and Avril getting career ending injuries almost at the same time.
Which proves my point. Draft even decently and that will not be a huge issue.

Case and point: Sammy Watkins is always hurt. He’s probably gone next season. Hardman was on pace for 6 TD’s as a rookie (with a healthy Pat). There is no significant loss for losing Sammy in 2020.

Hardman and Rankin playing well means Sammy and LDT can be cut next Spring and Wylie can be signed for a reasonable extension at RG where he looks much better. You could also sign Wisneiwski to a small contract as a plan B. Then draft a developmental player next Spring in the mid rd’s.

That’s about $20 million saved.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:09 AM 10-22-2019
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019...lable-players/

Which players could Chiefs be interested in as trade deadline approaches?

With the deadline 2019 NFL trade deadline a week from today, the Kansas City Chiefs will work to figure out which teams are selling and which players will be available. As teams self-evaluate, more players could become available.
Right now, there are several teams that are likely to be sellers at the deadline. I’ve identified four defenders that the Chiefs could be interested in were they to become available. Let’s take a look:

Redskins CB Quinton Dunbar

I suggested the Chiefs make this trade*ahead of the 2019 season, and sure enough, Dunbar is now Pro Football Focus’ No. 1-ranked cornerback. He’ll likely cost more than a fifth-round pick, as I previously suggested. Kansas City even had conversations about Dunbar with the Redskins during the Alex Smith trade negotiations.
I like the idea of adding a player like Dunbar to the mix because he has chemistry with Bashaud Breeland and Kendall Fuller from their time together in Washington. He’s a guy that can really change the complexion of this secondary and help give the pass rush some more time to hit home. He also has a year left on his contract, so he can fill a need beyond the 2019 season.

The Redskins are a directionless 1-6 team that recently fired their head coach. With a new coaching regime coming in they’ll want to begin stockpiling draft picks. They could potentially hold on to a player like Dunbar, but right now his stock is incredibly high and it likely won’t ever be higher. He’s quietly regarded as one of the top corners in the NFL. They need to sell high, and even then I’m not sure the asking price will scare Kansas City away, especially considering what they were willing to give up for Jalen Ramsey.

Falcons LB Foyesade Oluokun

The one thing that the Chiefs’ linebacker group is really lacking right now is a guy who can lock up in coverage. They thought that Darron Lee might be that guy, but he’s struggled quite a bit. For whatever reason, Dorian O’Daniel can’t seem to get on the field despite showing coverage skills and speed in 2018.

Enter Oluokun, a college safety who has converted into a linebacker in the NFL. He was taken in the sixth round of the 2018 draft by the Falcons. He’s shown some great flashes of coverage ability, especially when he has to carry in man coverage. At times he’s a little late to recognize in zone coverage concepts but he’s shown flashes there too. Oluokun is a player the Chiefs had some interest in, as evidenced by his*pre-draft visit with the team in 2018.
Before you ask, the Chiefs would be unable to get Deion Jones from the Falcons because of the salary cap. Trading his contract would be too big of a hit for the Falcons.
The Chiefs could get a player like Oluokun in a player-for-player swap for an offensive lineman. I could envision an Andrew Wylie-for-Oluokun swap with Wylie currently recovering from an ankle sprain. The only reason this makes sense is that Martinas Rankin has been impressive during his games in relief of Wylie.

Bengals DE Carlos Dunlap

The Bengals aren’t a franchise with a history of making trades for the sake of it. They’re not going to sell a proven asset just because they are 0-6.
At the same time, if the Chiefs came calling with an offer, the Bengals front office might be obliged to listen to trade talks for Dunlap. He’s 30 years old and he has 2.5 years left on his contract. He could save the Chiefs some money on the cap and wouldn’t break the bank in terms of dead-cap space. If the Bengals can get a young player in return and maybe some draft capital, it might be a smart move long-term.
At 6 feet 6 and 280 pounds, Dunlap is the prototype defensive lineman for Steve Spagnuolo’s system. One area that he’d really help the Chiefs is in the twist and stunt game. That’s a spot that needs improvement.

Dolphins CB Xavien Howard

If there’s a splash trade left for the Chiefs to make, this is probably the one. The Dolphins signed Howard to a five-year extension in May and have said they’re not interested in trading him. However, if the Chiefs came in and offered the Dolphins a similar deal to what they were rumored to have offered for Jalen Ramsey, well, they’d be fools not to take it.
The Dolphins seem to be tanking in order to get the No. 1 draft pick so they can select a quarterback in the 2020 NFL draft. They’re trotting out a replacement-level offensive line and they cut their best pass rushers.
Howard wouldn’t be just a short-term solution for the Chiefs. He could be a long-term answer at the CB position, with several players scheduled to be free agents in 2020. Howard’s contract could look like a bargain down the road.
[Reply]
O.city 12:39 PM 10-22-2019

Is it easier to coach up mid to late rounders into average starters than it is develop a first rounder into a legit star?

They have stars, they need to fill around them with just NFL players.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:52 PM 10-22-2019

And another trade:

Denver is dealing WR Emmanuel Sanders and a 2020 5th-round pick to San Francisco in exchange for 2020 3rd- and 4th-round picks, per league sources.

First Mohamed Sanu, now Sanders....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 22, 2019

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:00 PM 10-22-2019
Toss them a 4th for Chris Harris.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:02 PM 10-22-2019
What would it take to trade for Luke Kuechly???
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:02 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
What would it take to trade for Luke Kuechly???
The next 10 first rounders we have
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:03 PM 10-22-2019

Denver wanted to hold on to Emmanuel Sanders for another week and have him play Sunday against Indianapolis. But San Francisco wanted Sanders to play Sunday against Carolina - and now he will.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 22, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 01:03 PM 10-22-2019
The guys we need to or could trade for are in our division on shit teams, or we're too far down the draft order to get one of them.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 108
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up