ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm depressed
rabblerouser 03:56 PM 10-30-2018
So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:13 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
In the long run, you're better off working out than taking meds.

I was in your boat recently, sans the kid part. Got divorced, missed her all the time, started drinking, etc.

I got lucky. A friend of mine introduced me to his physical trainer. At first I wasn't really interested in working out on a schedule, with a trainer, but well . . . she's pretty hot, so I gave it a try.

Turned out she's really good at her job. I lost 23 lbs. in the first 6 weeks. I could bore you with all the improvements I achieved physically, but let's just say that I went from not being able to walk two miles without a break, to averaging 4 miles a day 4 times a week. Running.

Mentally things improved faster than my body. Within two weeks or so I found that I was just in a better mood when I woke up, and it lasted longer as I got into better shape. It's like a pep drug that's inside your body; you just have to go lift some weights/make some miles to take it. These days I literally jump out of bed in the morning, and I'm 50.

Also, I made some new friends at the gym from classes I took, even went on some dates.

I also found myself wanting to get more involved with the world. I joined some clubs (fly-fishing/hunting/hiking/shooting sports/camping/meals on wheels/etc). I'm enjoying a lot more of my life now.

But the important thing is that I feel better, I spend a lot less time brooding, in fact, I almost never do anymore unless I over-serve myself. Btw, being in shape takes a lot of the edge off of hangovers, FYI.

The drugs, on the other hand, only mask your problems. And come with their own sets of issues.

Anyway, I'm done preaching. I hope you feel better soon. Whatever you do, do something. Wallowing is the worst thing for you.
Thanks for saying it so much more eloquently than me but I have seen this over and over again. The only time I haven't seen it work is with somebody bipolar
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:25 AM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Do jiu jitsu.
I've been doing hot yoga and going to the gym, that has been helping...somewhat.

Can't control the dreams, though.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:25 AM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
you could always visit vegas and do a double rob kraft to get some new dream material :-)
A Double Krafty?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:14 AM 05-04-2019
I would quit, sell everything and move to Key West. Get a nice 1BR condo and hangout at the beach and at Sloppy Joe's. If you play music, you could probably get some gigs.

https://sloppyjoes.com/cam_lp/

When I divorced from my first wife in '84, I got a new white t-top corvette and hung out at the rock clubs and got drunk every night. That was OK for a while, then I got remarried, started a new home-based business and eventually retired to Florida and play golf and go to the gym.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:14 AM 05-04-2019
You aren't coop...CURED!!
[Reply]
DTVietnam 09:22 AM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Do jiu jitsu.
First Rule of Jiu Jitsu

1. Always talk about Jiu Jitsu
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:40 AM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You aren't coop...CURED!!
This actually made me feel better about my life.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:46 AM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I've been doing hot yoga and going to the gym, that has been helping...somewhat.

Get a weighted blanket. Seriously.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:15 PM 05-04-2019
Try JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY with Dr. Pepper on the rocks every night before bedtime.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:38 PM 05-04-2019

Sure you can. That's what the booze and arm heroin are for!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:09 PM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Sure you can. That's what the booze and arm heroin are for!
Ah, yes...booze and arm heroin is definitely what I should do - thanks, Sweets!!
[Reply]
Sorry 04:28 PM 05-04-2019
Ah, yes...booze and arm heroin is definitely what I should do - thanks, Sweets!!
dont remove the bubbles before injecting
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:25 PM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
dont remove the bubbles before injecting
Hard to remove them all when the syringe is this full. I mixed in some antifreeze and the blood of Freddie Mercury with the arm heroin.

To the moon!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:45 PM 05-04-2019
Hard to remove them all when the syringe is this full. I mixed in some antifreeze and the blood of Freddie Mercury with the arm heroin.

To the moon!
:-) THAT'S THE SPIRIT!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:20 AM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
:-) THAT'S THE SPIRIT!
Well, I'm no expert on spirit...not like Eric Berry.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 29
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up