Page 42 of 45
« First < 323839404142 434445 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Seahawks
Hammock Parties 10:54 PM 12-13-2018
*gulp*

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:02 AM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This is the general theory, but then I watch the mic’d up portion of the game and after every score Andy was saying to the players, “be greedy, gotta score more....”
Saying it and then calling the plays to make it happen are two different things. I think we have enough of a sample size to determine that this team (almost?) always lets up when it has a lead. And it's usually understandable that a team would become more conservative when it's winning to minimize turnovers and run down the clock, but with our defense, this has come back to bite us too many times and nearly destroyed us too many others.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This ones gonna be a total brawl
No doubt. This is a playoff game for both teams. Negative repercussions to both teams seasons. National TV. No net. Bring your best or your season is in season jeopardy. Lots of pressure on both teams.

I'm not buying that the Chiefs have a bad playoff record at home so whats the big deal about going on the road for the playoffs BS that some are selling.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:44 AM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Saying it and then calling the plays to make it happen are two different things. I think we have enough of a sample size to determine that this team (almost?) always lets up when it has a lead. And it's usually understandable that a team would become more conservative when it's winning to minimize turnovers and run down the clock, but with our defense, this has come back to bite us too many times and nearly destroyed us too many others.
True Dat but, I dont think we are going to be up 14 points and feeling comfortable at any point in this game.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:57 AM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
True Dat but, I dont think we are going to be up 14 points and feeling comfortable at any point in this game.
Given our history, I guess my response would be.....GOOD.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:58 AM 12-22-2018
Sure but I think it’s a game to game deal there. Against Arizona, it was obvious that Andy was playing ball control in the second half, presumably because he knew his defense could hold up their end that day (and they did). Against LA, his 2nd half play calling was actually just as much if not more aggressive in trying to attack down field, but the execution wasn’t there by the players. I really wonder if he didn’t expect them to adjust and stop the screens that were working so effectively in the first half, and so he went away from them when in reality they hadn’t really adjusted at all.
[Reply]
ChiefEd 08:58 AM 12-22-2018
As long as we’re not up by 14 with 4:00 left in the 4th Qtr, we good...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:09 AM 12-22-2018
Given our history, I guess my response would be.....GOOD.
We could be up early or in the 1st half and we are good. Andy doesnt get conservative until the 2nd half, usually the 4th quarter.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:21 AM 12-22-2018
We could be up early or in the 1st half and we are good. Andy doesnt get conservative until the 2nd half, usually the 4th quarter.
Yep, sit back, lean on the Defense to victory..... Unless your playing Old Man Rivers....
[Reply]
philfree 09:23 AM 12-22-2018
Sea Chickens are 0-4 against top 10 offenses.
[Reply]
Scorpion05 09:25 AM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I get all that, but even a Seahawks fan can’t sit there and try to tell me that this 2018 team is near as good as what they had from ‘12-‘16. The roster talent just isn’t what it was. They’re very well coached and they have arguably a top 5 QB, but the roster isn’t what it once was by any means.
Oh absolutely. We’re definitely lacking the talent we once had. They’re all still young with question marks. It feels a lot like our 2012 season.

Put it this way. If we were facing Andy Reid after a bye, I’d be pissing myself. In fact, I’m already pissing myself because Andy Reid essentially has a mini bye to prepare for us.

In the same token, Pete Carroll is historically great at preparing the Seahawks for prime time games, at home. All I was saying is it’s not just about the defense that’s all. And honestly, this is probably the most cohesive and efficient I’ve seen the offense operate under Carroll. But the injuries worry me. With no Fluker, an 80% Baldwin and Penny I get the sense we may lose. But it’ll be close in my opinion
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:27 AM 12-22-2018
My Chiefs PTSD is screaming at me, I'm not listening... If the Chiefs had held on to the lead last week, I wouldn't be concerned at all about this game. The Chiefs went through what I consider to be the toughest stretch of games at the beginning of the year and came out 5-1. They were a dropped interception away from beating the Rams, they lost a top running back, they have been without their #2 receiver, etc. This team is different.

So, no doom and gloom. This team is different, the defense will be better with Berry out there.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:33 PM 12-22-2018
https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/statu...365592576?s=21

Seahawks sign a OT from the practice squad, signaling that they will be starting 3rd string guard Ethan Pocic and swing tackle George Fant at RT.

Front four is about to eat. Chiefs by 7.
[Reply]
TLO 03:37 PM 12-22-2018
WBF
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:04 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
f'd

You said it brother.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:05 PM 12-22-2018
Andy Reid vs Pete Carroll is no match.
[Reply]