ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 43
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:34 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Also if he wanted to be somewhere else he wouldn't be taking this deal.
True.

We are that team. These situations are where it sets in most for me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:35 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
So if we sign him to the PS does that mean just a 1 year deal?
No, the Practice Squad is Week-To-Week.

If he signed a contract with the Chiefs, he'd be theirs until the end of the 2021 season, in which he'd become an ERFA, unless they cut him before then.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:36 PM 11-17-2020
So if we sign him to the PS does that mean just a 1 year deal?
I’m also curious on the length of this deal.

I really hope this is more than a 1 year deal because it would really open up our draft if we could have Ward, Baker, Sneed, Fenton, and Keyes all under contract for 2021.

With all of the picks we’re expected to have, Veach could really do some damage at LB, WR, IOL, and DE if we don’t have to go corner early.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:36 PM 11-17-2020
Why the hell not
Big upside.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:37 PM 11-17-2020
We did it again! In record posts too!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:38 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
We did it again! In record posts too!
Exactly!

I also double like this, because you are apparently a Chrono Trigger fan. That will always get my respect.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:39 PM 11-17-2020
OKchiefs,

There you go! 1st round corner!

:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 08:40 PM 11-17-2020
Even if he’s unprotected, you’d have to think he wouldn’t have interest in signing elsewhere unless a team got stupid with money. Like, really stupid. This is the perfect place for him to be at this point in his life and career. I expect him to really blossom in this environment, but I’ve been fooled before.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:41 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Exactly!

I also double like this, because you are apparently a Chrono Trigger fan. That will always get my respect.
I have a chrono trigger tattoo :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:42 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No, the Practice Squad is Week-To-Week.

If he signed a contract with the Chiefs, he'd be theirs until the end of the 2021 season, in which he'd become an ERFA, unless they cut him before then.
Can a team still claim him off our PS?
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:43 PM 11-17-2020
https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-expe...practice-squad

A probable low-risk, high-upside addition is coming to the reigning Super Bowl champions.

The Kansas City Chiefs are expected to sign former New York Giants first-round pick Deandre Baker to the practice squad in the next few days, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.

Baker, a cornerback out of Georgia, is planned to visit the Chiefs initially, but has no other visits planned. After signing to the practice squad to gain experience with the club, it's expected that he'll be promoted to the active roster, Garafolo added.

News of Baker joining the Chiefs comes just a day following robbery charges were dropped against him in Florida. Baker was cleared of charges Monday after his alleged victims' attorney was arrested on extortion charges. The Broward County (Florida) State Attorney's Office announced it was dropping charges against Baker shortly after the county sheriff's office arrested attorney William Dean, 50, and charged him with extortion.

The 23-year-old Baker was charged with holding up four men at gunpoint in May in Fort Lauderdale. Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar, who had originally been accused of assisting Baker, had previously been cleared for lack of evidence.

Selected 30th overall by the Giants in the 2019 NFL Draft, Baker played in 16 games as a rookie with 15 starts and 61 tackles tallied. He was set to return to a starting role with the Giants ahead of his arrest. Following his arrest, Baker was placed on the Commissioner's Exempt List in July and released by the Giants in September.

Now Baker gets another chance with an NFL squad.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:44 PM 11-17-2020
All these "red flags" as far as I can tell were about attitude and work ethic, not about off the field stuff.

I mean something like this could turn somebody around when it comes to work ethic. Almost losing everything has a tendency to do that. See: Badger, Honey
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:46 PM 11-17-2020
Can a team still claim him off our PS?
See NFL.com story above.

Chiefs plan on moving him up when he is ready.

Chiefs can protect him to keep another teams from poaching him.

Also if another team should attempt to sign him from the Chiefs PS, the Chiefs always have the right to move him to their 53 man active squad first.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:47 PM 11-17-2020
Good signing. Hope he learns how to be an adult and a professional.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:48 PM 11-17-2020
I wonder if they will trade Ward this offseason if Baker works out...going into last year of team control. High PFF grades. Ideal size. Reliable player. Young. Tons of experience in big games.

Is it crazy to think we would possibly get a late first/early second if he finishes the year strong and we win another title.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 43
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up