ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 43
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:34 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Remember when it was Chris Thomas and Snoop Minnis?

Hey come on now. Let’s be fair. We also had Derrick Alexander that year.

Yes, that’s Derrick “2nd-most receiving yards in a season by a Chief” Alexander. You put some respect on that name!!
[Reply]
chief4life 02:36 PM 11-17-2020
So have we signed this kid yet? There is no news on this about him going anywhere yet. I wonder if Marty knows anything?
[Reply]
TLO 02:40 PM 11-17-2020
How many posts do we need to make this happen?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:46 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Hill Hardman Pringle isn’t as sexy as Hill Watkins Robinson, but it’s not even close to being as bad as we used to be.

Remember when it was Dwayne Bowe and Verran Tucker? Yeah. Try that.

Hell, I’d even take Hill Hardman Pringle over the best of the Vermeil years, which is probably Morton Kennison Hall.

This is the Veach/Reid era of Chiefs football. We’ll draft a guy and he’ll do pretty well. Some scrub they’ve been carrying for 1-2 years on the practice squad will finally break through and give us WR4 type production. Life... uhh... finds a way
This.

We should have 8 picks in the first 5 rounds. We will draft at least 1 WR and while it might not be as great as last years, this is yet another good/deep WR class.
[Reply]
el borracho 02:51 PM 11-17-2020
Remember when it was Chris Thomas and Snoop Minnis?
Remember when it was Lake Dawson and JJ Birden?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:09 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Hey come on now. Let’s be fair. We also had Derrick Alexander that year.

Yes, that’s Derrick “2nd-most receiving yards in a season by a Chief” Alexander. You put some respect on that name!!
Dude...

I just looked it up.

Alexander has 27 receptions on SIXTY EIGHT targets.

Went back and looked at that season and man, it was bad.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:19 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Cowboys did and they won exactly nothing for it.
Gee I wonder what the difference between those two offenses is...
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:22 PM 11-17-2020
You absolutely can.

The skill position players make this offense go.

You can get by with less than ideal players at offensive line. If you build the offensive line at the expense of WR and TE, the offense might not even be remotely the same
You mean the WR and TE positions that Reid and Veach have never invested a first round pick in?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:27 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
You mean the WR and TE positions that Reid and Veach have never invested a first round pick in?
They may have to going forward.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 03:35 PM 11-17-2020
I mean, lucking into kelce (injury) and reek (off field concerns) mitigates the need to use a first on one. Hell, we took Clyde because he’s a weapon (that we don’t utilize much— have the feeling he could go off when unleashed/featured a bit more) in the first. I wouldn’t be shocked with a first round wr this year or next
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:38 PM 11-17-2020
Man baker and sneed as your starting outside guys is a killer combo for 2021.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
I mean, lucking into kelce (injury) and reek (off field concerns) mitigates the need to use a first on one. Hell, we took Clyde because he’s a weapon (that we don’t utilize much— have the feeling he could go off when unleashed/featured a bit more) in the first. I wouldn’t be shocked with a first round wr this year or next
Right.
[Reply]
O.city 04:09 PM 11-17-2020
Where they'll be drafting in the back ass end of the first, it's time to trade back into the 2nd for more picks. Someone like say, the Giants want back in the 1st and will give us their 3rd or something to do it? Go for it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:14 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Where they'll be drafting in the back ass end of the first, it's time to trade back into the 2nd for more picks. Someone like say, the Giants want back in the 1st and will give us their 3rd or something to do it? Go for it.
That would be a good way to get position players and bolster the line. Accumulate more 2nd and 3rd round picks.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:30 PM 11-17-2020
Just get me another big receiver goddamnit. AJ Brown, Claypool, Metcalf, Higgins, Mclaurin etc. Even another TE if a good one falls.

That’s what I really want most for this offense.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 43
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up