ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 173
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs suspended Tyreek Hill
TribalElder 10:21 PM 04-25-2019
Channel 5 just busted in and showed veach saying Hill is suspended for now
chiefzilla1501 09:01 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I threatened my ex-wife's then-new husband, on a recording that I didn't know was being recorded, I threatened to have his legs broken and to beat his ass myself.

A LOT more explicitly than what Tyreek said.

I was wrong, and I was upset because she was making stuff up for the purpose of the recording.

That didn't make me a bad person, I was just a toxic person in a toxic relationship.

Now, like Twisted Chief said, my own experience is just that - my own experience. And maybe that colors my perception, and that's certainly valid.

However, I also know how toxic relationships can bring the worst out in people, and I also know that sometimes things go sideways.

I'm not condoning violence against women, or children...I'm just saying, even thoigh the recording sounds bad, it doesn't mean Tyreek is a "monster", it doesn't even mean he did what he's accused of...

He probably WAS whipping the kid, and had the kid by the arm, and the kid tried to get away...and things went awry. Then, the couple's combined toxicity made it worse.

I'm not going to judge anyone in the scenario.

Except for Crystal and her family, who didn't make things better by how they've fed edited and possibly false information to the media. That's some bullshit.
I don't think anyone views this incident as bad in isolation. Not by nfl standards.

I think you're focusing too much on the abuse. The problem is that the only reason tyreek wasn't a pr disaster in kc is because the public was sold the idea that the anger management training worked and that he is no longer a threat to anyone. This isn't about the abuse. This is about the public perception that a man who thought it was OK to hit a woman still seems to have anger issues, despite supposedly intensive counseling. Even if he's innocent, it's hard to walk away from that audio and not think that.
This isn't about the child abuse. This is about reopening some serious serious wounds that we thought were stitched shit.
htismaqe 09:07 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I highly doubt teams are keeping Williams in mind when they're scheming against KC.

Hunt led the entire league in rushing his rookie year. It's silly to say losing him won't affect offensive production.
It didn't affect them last year, why would it going forward?
Reerun_KC 09:08 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Absolutely effected them in the championship game.

Losing hunt cost KC a super bowl appearance. Period.
mr. tegu 09:09 AM 04-26-2019
Hill is going to play in the NFL again. This idea that he is done in the league is silly. I think at this point though Hill likely wants to be cut or traded or whatever to another team. So even if the Chiefs want to keep him even with a year suspension or something he very well might want a fresh start.
Shields68 09:09 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don't think anyone views this incident as bad in isolation. Not by nfl standards.

I think you're focusing too much on the abuse. The problem is that the only reason tyreek wasn't a pr disaster in kc is because the public was sold the idea that the anger management training worked and that he is no longer a threat to anyone. This isn't about the abuse. This is about the public perception that a man who thought it was OK to hit a woman still seems to have anger issues, despite supposedly intensive counseling. Even if he's innocent, it's hard to walk away from that audio and not think that.
This isn't about the child abuse. This is about reopening some serious serious wounds that we thought were stitched shit.
First, everything is worse if their is an audio and/or video. Doubt Hunt gets cut if there was not a video. It might have been different in drafting Tyreke if there was a video.

Second I think the fan base of most teams are willing to move on and forgive given sometime. Unfortunately the team owning his contract does not have the time. The pressure is going to put them under the gun to act before next year. The next team waits a year and then says he has done x, y and z and moves on. Not sure this is any worse then AP. But not an audio of AP but everyone has moved on.
Reerun_KC 09:09 AM 04-26-2019
Remember. hunt was done in the NFL according to CP.
Mecca 09:12 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Remember. hunt was done in the NFL according to CP.
Moral high horses and reality don't always mix.
Chiefnj2 09:14 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This whole incident has certainly solidified my preexisting hatred of the media, gold digging psycho demons and whining millennial snowflakes.

I don't know what Hill will do after this shit is over, but what he should do is go from college to college warning young football players ...
... to keep your hands to yourself.
New World Order 09:14 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because they scored less points without an all-pro caliber running back.
YontsRBake 09:17 AM 04-26-2019

Interesting that people push this narrative but don’t believe Marcus Peters would have been the difference (he didn’t suck in Sutton’s retard scheme)
nychief 09:19 AM 04-26-2019

Williams had 3 fourth quarter TDs...

Unless Hunt was playing on the Defense, he wasn't the difference in the game.
rabblerouser 09:20 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Moral high horses and reality don't always mix.
This
Mecca 09:22 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Williams had 3 fourth quarter TDs...

Unless Hunt was playing on the Defense, he wasn't the difference in the game.
Yea that completely avoids the point of not scoring in the 1st half when Hunt had a history of killing NE.
bobbything 09:36 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea that completely avoids the point of not scoring in the 1st half when Hunt had a history of killing NE.
We had 9 points in the first half of that NE game.

Hunt had 38 rushing yards and 13 receiving yards.
chiefzilla1501 09:38 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
First, everything is worse if their is an audio and/or video. Doubt Hunt gets cut if there was not a video. It might have been different in drafting Tyreke if there was a video.

Second I think the fan base of most teams are willing to move on and forgive given sometime. Unfortunately the team owning his contract does not have the time. The pressure is going to put them under the gun to act before next year. The next team waits a year and then says he has done x, y and z and moves on. Not sure this is any worse then AP. But not an audio of AP but everyone has moved on.
Most people watch the hunt and Mixon video and go "oof." The ray Rice video on the other hand.... made people cringe. It is unwatchable. The image in your brain of tyreek hitting a pregnant woman is worse than most actual videos of misbehavior. It's not that other people don't do horrible things. It's all optics. We don't have video of Michael Vick killing dogs either. Is that actually worse than a serial abuser of humans? Maybe not. But the image in the head of a man killing dogs is cringeworthy.

Even I fell for the trap. I saw him laughing, playing with his kid, and I was genuinely happy for him. Just a guy who got his priorities straight and would rather play fortnite than get drunk and party. He permanently erased all that goodwill and will never get that back. People now don't see an immature kid making a dumb mistake on a cringeworthy act, now they see a serial abuser with anger issues hitting a pregnant woman. Those optics are really really bad.

Yeah, I don't think he's done either. But many are downplaying how reluctant fans or owners are to take him. Even with his insane talent, he ain't going anywhere for a while.
Page 32 of 173
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up