ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 140
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:28 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

There's quite a few on there that won't be around in 2/3 years.
Isn’t Watkins contract set up so that we can release him for a massive chunk of space after this season?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:28 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Anyone seen Chris Long on twitter today? He's been breaking down the move pretty well.
There's been several Chris Long tweets posted in this thread.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:28 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That's one thing we're in agreement on here. Veach still has a lot to prove.

While i'm happy that we finally got an impact player (which i said i expected to get all along), he didn't exactly pull one on Seattle.

His compensation for both Ford and Peters was weak.

And his draft class thus far leaves a lot to be desired.

So far, he's no Dorsey.
He’s significantly better with money than Dorsey to this point. Don’t forget that while Dorsey was better drafting, his first draft was shit at this point in time in his tenure.

I don’t think Ford and Peters trades were Veach’s fault. It was the hard truth. If they were worth 1st rd picks, they would have had more suitors.

A one dimensional pass rusher who is constantly hurt is not worth a first. A raging lunatic is not liked in locker rooms by GM’s. That’s why hardly any team wanted Peters.
[Reply]
O.city 03:29 PM 04-23-2019
I don't really buy the "he got shitty value for Ford and Peters" thing as much. Teams will give what they'll give. If they couldn't get anyone to bite for more, doesn't that say more about said players?
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:29 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Codered:
I agree with most of this. Not sure you can compare Clark and Von yet.
I was going by last year.

What it really comes down to is Clark over Ford. If you watch their highlight tapes from last year...yeah the stats are close- but the players are WAY different. I liked Ford, but he never had that nasty streak.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:29 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Isn’t Watkins contract set up so that we can release him for a massive chunk of space after this season?
Yes

He will be gone after this season.
[Reply]
FAX 03:29 PM 04-23-2019
Like i said man, you want to build a Ferarri using hand me downs and cheap overseas knock offs.

That's not how you build ANYTHING worth a shit.

You want quality? You spend the money/assets to build quality.

That rule applies whether it's an NFL roster, a car, a house, or the clothes on your back.
Or mac & cheese. You forgot mac & cheese.

If you want excellent mac & cheese, you better damn well be prepared to drop some serious coin on the cheese.

FAX
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:30 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
He's never seeing Year 3 in that format. Either they get rid of Tyreek and he's getting a reworked deal, or he's getting cut in the winter.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:30 PM 04-23-2019
We can live with these corners. I think. I hope.

Some LB's and a safety next to Tyrann are of dire need though.
Dude these corners are going to suck so much shit it's fucking depressing. And the draft does NOT hold promise at this point. D-line was deep, CB not so much.

Chiefs LB's and CB's = dog turds sucking gnat shit sucking germ jizz.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:30 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't really buy the "he got shitty value for Ford and Peters" thing as much. Teams will give what they'll give. If they couldn't get anyone to bite for more, doesn't that say more about said players?
Could the Rams do any better this year?

Does anybody really think the 49ers could next year?
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:30 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s significantly better with money than Dorsey to this point. Don’t forget that while Dorsey was better drafting, his first draft was shit at this point in time in his tenure.

I don’t think Ford and Peters trades were Veach’s fault. It was the hard truth. If they were worth 1st rd picks, they would have had more suitors.

A one dimensional pass rusher who is constantly hurt is not worth a first. A raging lunatic is not liked in locker rooms by GM’s. That’s why hardly any team wanted Peters.
No, his first draft was not shit. In Hindsight he probably picked the best player in the top 10-15.

And, uhm, better with money? :-) Dafuq? You cray cray.

Did you not see what he's about to pay Clark? What he paid Tyrann? What he paid Watkins?

Dude....
[Reply]
O.city 03:31 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Yeah don't forget Schwartz. So now you've effectively made our o line swiss cheese.
Sure, that's why you have to constantly be drafting and developing. Signing guys, developing them etc.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:31 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Dude these corners are going to suck so much shit it's fucking depressing. And the draft does NOT hold promise at this point. D-line was deep, CB not so much.

Chiefs LB's and CB's = dog turds sucking gnat shit sucking germ jizz.
The fuck are you talking about? There will be CBs in rounds 2 or 3 that we can draft that will be just fine.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:31 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You're not going to be aggressive shopping like a bitch.
This.

If we don't get Clark, what are we doing with all the cap space we just freed up by getting rid of Berry, Houston, and Ford?

Is it better to sign Hill and Ford to extensions and frontload their contracts or go out and add another defense playmaker?

If you're a team on the cusp of a Super Bowl, the only fireable offense would be standing pat and focusing on extensions.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:32 PM 04-23-2019
No, his first draft was not shit. In Hindsight he probably picked the best player in the top 10-15.

And, uhm, better with money? :-) Dafuq? You cray cray.

Did you not see what he's about to pay Clark? What he paid Tyrann? What he paid Watkins?

Dude....
Veach's contracts are all basically around 3 years that the team can escape from with little dead space.

We just spent this offseason dumping some of Dorsey's contracts.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 140
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112 > Last »
Up