ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 140
« First < 394546474849 505152535999 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 02:23 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
My concern is that we're not getting what we're giving and that we may or may not have a GM that can even draft, run a board, engineer a smart trade.

I understand the talent acquisition and why it was done, and most of it I've agreed with. I've definitely agreed with the scorched earth that we lit up a few months ago. But I'm not sure that we are doing our best to continually put ourselves in the best position to succeed, and I'm not sure that our general manager is as smart or smarter than his predecessor in some areas.

In any event, I appreciate your practical approach to the conversation. Idiot cheerleaders have no place in this type of a discussion.
What should we have done? Let’s hear it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:23 PM 04-23-2019
Dee Ford was an injury-prone one-dimensional one-trick pony who only played well for a full season in a contract year!!!

Repeat this to yourself any time that you think we should’ve just paid him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:24 PM 04-23-2019
I admit that I’m very glass half full with these things, but some people cannot be pleased. You’re mad they made the deal, and you’d be even more upset if they didn’t add a stud pass rusher if they struggled to get to the QB without sending blitzes next season.

At least we don’t have to worry about that now.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 02:24 PM 04-23-2019
Here is hoping that Frank Clark doesn't have anymore felony home invasion or domestic assault charges.
I am just a little leary after Hunt and Hill shenanigans.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:25 PM 04-23-2019
Imagine if Greedy falls and we trade back in to get him

Holy shit, I would pass out.
[Reply]
threebag 02:25 PM 04-23-2019
We giving up a lot :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:25 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What should we have done? Let’s hear it.
We apparently should have traded up in the 1st.....spending draft picks like we are now....for an unproven player that may or may not be there.
[Reply]
In58men 02:26 PM 04-23-2019
I wonder what the boards reaction would be if Seattle and Clark came to an agreement.

Probably some like this “Fuck you Veach you should be fucking fired”!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:26 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I admit that I’m very glass half full with these things, but some people cannot be pleased. You’re mad they made the deal, and you’d be even more upset if they didn’t add a stud pass rusher if they struggled to get to the QB without sending blitzes next season.

The DL is set. Anyone we draft of value there is purely a luxury and not a necessity.

We can now focus on adding offensive weapons, OL, secondary, and linebackers.

We just fixed an entire position group in the offseason.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:26 PM 04-23-2019
Veach basically said fuck you and a rebuild after the scheme change to having the right pieces in place
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:26 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
he's not 85%. He's 50%. He's a liability against the run. A target.

he's a situational pass rusher in a 4-3. Anything else he's a target.
Ok, that's quite the overstatement. Ford is a good player and his run defense wasn't nearly as bad as some of you guys say.

We don't have to make bullshit arguments about Ford/Houston to prop the Clark trade.
[Reply]
In58men 02:26 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
We giving up a lot :-)
ONE 2ND ROUND PICK ISNT A LOT!!!!! ALSO WE MOVED UP IN THE 3RD ROUND!!!!

**** the money, teams will be more cap once the new CBA is done.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:27 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We apparently should have traded up in the 1st.....spending draft picks like we are now....for an unproven player that may or may not be there.
Lol pretty much
[Reply]
staylor26 02:27 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
ONE 2ND ROUND PICK ISNT A LOT!!!!! ALSO WE MOVED UP IN THE 3RD ROUND!!!!

**** the money, teams will be more cap once the new CBA is done.
Yes, teams will be more cap!!!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:28 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I am too.

People wanted a stud pass rusher, but didn't want to pay anything for him. They expected to draft Derrick Thomas at #29.

We just got a sure thing, not a projection for that pick and all we had to give up was an extra second NEXT YEAR. Which I think they value at the same as a 3rd THIS year.

Yeah, we have to pay him. Well, that's why we cleared cap space.

I think for a lot of people it's just that they haven't heard of him. If it was Clowney, they'd be all high-fiving each other.

Reality is: Clark is BETTER.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 140
« First < 394546474849 505152535999 > Last »
Up