ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 301
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 12:20 PM 07-14-2019
Traded for Kevin Merrell 2017 1st round pick. Tell me how to feel.
[Reply]
tk13 12:22 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
We turned a guy who literally posted a 6+ ERA each of the last three seasons into a prospect, so it's a win.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:27 PM 07-14-2019

Merrill apparently has 70-grade speed. He hasn’t hit much since being drafted, but the A’s have also moved him aggressively.

That’s a very Royals-ish player. Might be able to get a useful UTIL type out of him.
[Reply]
tk13 12:28 PM 07-14-2019

The Royals love players who can run, and the one they got in return for Homer Bailey, infielder Kevin Merrell, certainly qualifies. He's one of the fastest players in the minor leagues. Scouts question his hit and power tools. He's currently slashing .246/.292/.339 at Double-A.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 14, 2019

[Reply]
Kidd Lex 12:31 PM 07-14-2019
Is this the type of lottery pick you guys expected after seeing the Cashner return?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:32 PM 07-14-2019

Kevin Merrell was #17 on the MLB Pipeline A’s prospect list. Not bad.

— David Lesky (@DBLesky) July 14, 2019

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:39 PM 07-14-2019
Is this the type of lottery pick you guys expected after seeing the Cashner return?

Fangraphs has an 80 on his run grade. 70-80 tools don’t grow on trees. If he can figure out the hit tool a bit more, you can dream on a solid big league starter or plus reserve.

That’s a nice return for Bailey.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 01:06 PM 07-14-2019
Excellent outing for Flynn.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:08 PM 07-14-2019
So we got Terrence Gore for Homer Bailey? That's the best we can do? The Royals need to try something different, because what they've been doing hasnt worked out too well for our farm system.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:19 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Fangraphs has an 80 on his run grade. 70-80 tools don’t grow on trees. If he can figure out the hit tool a bit more, you can dream on a solid big league starter or plus reserve.

That’s a nice return for Bailey.
Yeah, getting a guy who could turn into a major league asset at ALL for a flyer who could turn into a pumpkin at any time has to be seen as a win.

You could argue that this deal would've been there in a couple weeks and maybe they'd have been better served holding out and waiting for the market to settle. It's not as though there won't be teams looking for SP after Bumgarner gets moved (teams are ALWAYS looking for SP).

But Bailey's in a tier far removed from the Bumgarner/Bauer wing. And with his injury history and spotty track record, there's a chance that 2-3 more starts show him to be fools gold or injured, in which case the market for him falls apart.

That deal's fine.
[Reply]
Three7s 01:25 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So we got Terrence Gore for Homer Bailey? That's the best we can do? The Royals need to try something different, because what they've been doing hasnt worked out too well for our farm system.
I can understand being critical of Moore, but this take is just flat stupid. Bailey is literally nothing and the Royals got a potential prospect for free. There's literally no pleasing some of you.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:33 PM 07-14-2019
God Damn Solar is having a year
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:37 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

A guy with a plus-plus tool is always a decent lottery ticket, and a lottery ticket was all a guy like Bailey is going to return.

If this was a reliever with a 100-MPH fastball and no control or breaking ball, would you hate it? Similar type of return.

Comparing Merrell to Gore because he’s fast is just inaccurate. Merrell also can legitimately play 2B and SS, and was a first-round pick 25 months ago. He’s got a chance to be an everyday big league player, andGore never did.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:11 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Those dudes are wearing jeans in 90 degrees. Lol
Yes.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:56 PM 07-14-2019
Sorry guys I was being dumb about it. I went to FB to see what those idiots thought. So here's some of those thoughts.

"This is baffling Bailey was their best trade piece and they gave him away for a below average hitter, that plays the infield, the one area the Royals actually have locked up for a few years.

I would have liked to have seen a good Triple A outfielder, or pitcher, not some double A player that they probably don't really need."

Yeah that guy was mad we didn't get ML ready talent for Homer. A good AAA OF or Pitcher for Homer Bailey lol.

"I am not in the baseball business.. but this makes no sense to me 🤷*♂️"

"Dayton got hosed again. Looks like a infield version of Brett Phillips."

Most cringe-worthy quote comes from some old lady. The next 5 quotes are from old ladies, that very clearly have no clue about anything.

Most Cringe-worthy
"Homer Baliey where always be a KC Royal to me I will miss seeing U pitch I can't watch today's game at all so sad that they did this to U love U always HOMER BALIEY😘😘😘😘"

"WHY would the Royals trade a starting pitcher for a minor league in fielder? Our team is struggling with the bull pen, we need better pitchers! Sorry to see you go Homer, Good Luck!"

"Just when we finally get a little something going, let’s stick a pin in it and deflate the entire team, and the few fans they have left."

"I think we need pitching more than an infielder."

"Well I mean. We *really* need another infielder. 🙄"

The outrage on Facebook because we traded Homer Bailey is hilarious. KC loves getting attached to shitty baseball players.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 301
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up