ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 104
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
philfree 07:04 PM 01-02-2020
Considering all the injuries, the curve for a rebuilt defense and the Chiefs getting the #2 seed Andy is Coach Of The Year.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:21 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
He's the head coach, he gets credit for all the successes and failures. From play calls to QBs, to defenses, he owns all their results.
I can't imagine watching and supporting a sports team and spending countless hours on an online message board discussing them and the only joy you derive from that team is if they win a Super Bowl. As if success in sports or success in anything in life is that black or white.

You are obviously welcome to be a fan however you choose but I feel bad for you.

The Chiefs have won the AFC West the last four years. They've enjoyed an unprecedented level of dominance in their division. While you can argue that 2016 and 2017 were meaningless because we all rightly knew they were doomed, 2018 saw us a hair away from the SB and this year we're viewed by everyone as a legit contender if not a favorite to win a title. Is there no part of you that's excited? Is there no part of you that didn't jump up and down entering pure nirvana when Fitzpatrick threw that TD pass?

Andy Reid gave that to us. And he brought an institutional structure and constructed a roster that can compete with the best teams in the league week in and week out. That's worthy of a lot of admiration for 97% of the fan base because the journey to the SB is every bit as important as the destination.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:24 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I love that fat man.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:28 PM 01-02-2020
Andy Reid teams have had a losing record 3 times in 21 years. That's fucking remarkable.
[Reply]
Trivers 07:45 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I can't imagine watching and supporting a sports team and spending countless hours on an online message board discussing them and the only joy you derive from that team is if they win a Super Bowl. As if success in sports or success in anything in life is that black or white.

You are obviously welcome to be a fan however you choose but I feel bad for you.

The Chiefs have won the AFC West the last four years. They've enjoyed an unprecedented level of dominance in their division. While you can argue that 2016 and 2017 were meaningless because we all rightly knew they were doomed, 2018 saw us a hair away from the SB and this year we're viewed by everyone as a legit contender if not a favorite to win a title. Is there no part of you that's excited? Is there no part of you that didn't jump up and down entering pure nirvana when Fitzpatrick threw that TD pass?

Andy Reid gave that to us. And he brought an institutional structure and constructed a roster that can compete with the best teams in the league week in and week out. That's worthy of a lot of admiration for 97% of the fan base because the journey to the SB is every bit as important as the destination.
/REP!

Very well stated!

Enjoy the ride. 4 Divisions titles, two 12 wins seasons are new entries in the Chiefs record books.

Sadly, when our journey is finally realized by a SB win, there will be those that will bitch about something just to make them fell like their opinion matters at One Arrowhead Drive..
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:57 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Trivers:
/REP!

Sadly, when our journey is finally realized by a SB win, there will be those that will bitch about something just to make them fell like their opinion matters at One Arrowhead Drive..
This is absolutely the case. Watched it happen as a Royals fan. A lot of people literally started arguing that the Royals could have won it "differently" or without "trading so much away". Then came those who criticized GMDM for squandering a chance to "win more".

I think a big part of fandom for some folks (not calling anyone out), is to be critical of their team in some capacity. At least that's what the Royals winning in 2015 (in the most epic of fashions) suggested to me.
[Reply]
-King- 08:11 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by tmax63:
The same people who say AR won't run the football to protect a lead and run out the clock are the same folks who say that AR goes into a shell and doesn't stay aggressive when he gets a lead. To me, you can't have it both ways, you either do 1 or the other.
Boom.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:19 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Fat-Andy at a presser:

Fixed...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:36 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Oh, I get very excited, but I stay reserved because this team has burned us too many times. As for Fitz's TD, yeah, I was as giddy as anybody.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:08 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
We can't run the football when the other team knows we are going to run.....our line is not good enough to do that......hasn't been since the Vermiel days! Andy just needs to run up the score as much as he can for 60 minutes!!!!
We had the league's leading rusher two years ago. So, the offensive line has definitely been good enough to run the football.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:26 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
We can't run the football when the other team knows we are going to run.....our line is not good enough to do that......hasn't been since the Vermiel days! Andy just needs to run up the score as much as he can for 60 minutes!!!!
Damn, you don't anything about football or the Chiefs . . .

In the six seasons Andy Ried has been HC, we've had three 1,000+ yard season rushers.

2013: J. Charles 1,287 yards; team rushing for 2056 yards on the season.

2014: J. Charles 1,033 yards; 1918 yards

2015: Charles gets hurt, but the team rushes for 2,044 yards on the season

2016: Spencer Ware rushes for 921 yards; team rushes for 1,748 yards

2017: K. Hunt rushes for 1,327 yards; team rushes for 1,903 yards

2018: K. Hunt rushes for 827 yards in 112 games; team rushes for 1,855 yards

2019: team rushes for 1,569 yards.

So the Chiefs running game has been averaging right around 2,000 yards/season since Andy took over, except this year when our whole OL got hurt and so did our three starting RBs. Four if you count Spencer Ware.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:22 AM 01-03-2020
Oh, I get very excited, but I stay reserved because this team has burned us too many times. As for Fitz's TD, yeah, I was as giddy as anybody.
THIS team has not burned us.

Other teams wearing the same uniform have.

Why does no one get this?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:24 AM 01-03-2020
Oh, so you want jump to that lily pad to play THAT game to protect him? Weak.

Pretty-much by that standard of thinking, we shouldn't have gotten rid of Alex Smith and faster than Fat Andy. Or any other player that we've gotten rid of.

Andy shouldn't be given a decade to win something any more than a player.
Congrats moron, this may be your dumbest post yet.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:24 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
We had the league's leading rusher two years ago. So, the offensive line has definitely been good enough to run the football.

It just isn't right now, not consistently.

the offensive line, particularly the interior line from guard to guard are inferior.

It's our biggest weakness.

IF we don't get it done this year, they will be why.

I still believe.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:25 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

2/5th of the OL is different than then and 1/5th has regressed.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 104
« First < 131920212223 242526273373 > Last »
Up