ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 335
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:56 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
lol. What show have you been watching?

Ned, and Robb Stark come to mind pretty quickly.
Neither are MAIN characters.
[Reply]
Amnorix 12:58 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Neither are MAIN characters.

Yeah, they were, or at least Ned was, UNTIL HE DIED.

But yes, I would tend to say that the show has mainly revolved around Tyrion, Dany and Jon Snow, moreso than anyone else, so I get your point.

But Catelyn was really important the first few seasons too until, well, you know...
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:01 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Of course they are. They have a vested interest in saying so.
Just like they did with Michelle Fairley. Who is still gone from the show.

The only difference I can think of is that this show rarely kills off major characters in finales (anyone major died to end a season other than Tywin? Jojen I guess, not that he was all that major). The finales have always been about recovering from what happened in the earlier episodes. So maybe this is set up as a cliffhanger and piss people off for the next year before his triumphant return (which would be spoiled long before the show's back on air). Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Be interesting to see what happens if book 6 is published before the next season.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:10 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

The only difference I can think of is that this show rarely kills off major characters in finales (anyone major died to end a season other than Tywin? Jojen I guess, not that he was all that major). The finales have always been about recovering from what happened in the earlier episodes. So maybe this is set up as a cliffhanger and piss people off for the next year before his triumphant return (which would be spoiled long before the show's back on air). Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Be interesting to see what happens if book 6 is published before the next season.
My guess is that has been the plan all along. Let them leave the season with this major FU and then publish the book so everyone must go out and read it to find out what really happens with Jon. That is why GRRM has basically laid off all the publicity stuff lately to work on the book.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:23 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Imagine if:
Spoiler!
I thought a great opportunity for a truly memorable scene was missed here!
I'd suggested the same thing in the other thread and somebody called me a 12 year old. :-)

I thought it woulda been the shizzle if he'd have totally blasted the group holding her....they burn and die...and she stands unblemished....preferably naked.
[Reply]
Hawk 01:28 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by manchambo:
I wonder if those words mean more than is at first apparent. Brienne's "duty" at that point was to help Sansa and she was totally ****ing that up, despite devoting her entire life to it.
Instead she abandoned her post to uselessly kill someone who obviously was going to be killed anyway. I'm wondering if the cut-away in that scene will reveal that Brienne made a different decision than the obvious one.
That is a good thought. Maybe she captures Stannis and offers to exchange him to the Boltons for Sansa?
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:30 PM 06-15-2015

I'm beginning to think they tossed Lady Stoneheart by the wayside to make Jon Snow's revival more of a shock. If you saw Beric and Cat revived by red priests then Mellisandre's return to the wall would make one safely conclude that Jon will be revived.

I also think they inserted Melisandre meeting Thorros of Mir (which never happened in the book) for this very reason: to learn about revival of a dead person.

They very well could be neglecting to tell Kit Harrington of his return to keep this a secret. It should be very interesting to see, if Jon Snow's return occurs, how they keep in under wraps during the shooting process.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:32 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
They very well could be neglecting to tell Kit Harrington of his return to keep this a secret. It should be very interesting to see, if Jon Snow's return occurs, how they keep in under wraps during the shooting process.
I don't think they could actually do that. He's a very in-demand actor right now, so if he's coming back, I'd say it's nigh on impossible that he wouldn't already know. Rather than telling him he's free to work now and then pulling the rug out later....
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:34 PM 06-15-2015
I do agree on one point, but I also thought that point valid with stoneheart: what was the point of having Berric if resurrection wasn't going to be pertinent later?

But then she never came back, and then Brienne's story went off in some random tangent.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:34 PM 06-15-2015
I don't think they could actually do that. He's a very in-demand actor right now, so if he's coming back, I'd say it's nigh on impossible that he wouldn't already know. Rather than telling him he's free to work now and then pulling the rug out later....
Agreed.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:43 PM 06-15-2015
Valid point.

So do they bring in another actor to play a revived Azor Ahai? I would hope not.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 02:09 PM 06-15-2015
Valid point.

So do they bring in another actor to play a revived Azor Ahai? I would hope not.

Melisandre is there for a reason.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:22 PM 06-15-2015
Okay for those of you who have not read the book take this bit of info into account...

In the books, the chapters at times are named after the character they are about, i.e Tyrion, or "Jon". At no point in any book was a character ever killed in his\her chapter. Jon Snow was stabbed in a chapter titled "Jon".......

just keep that in mind
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:22 PM 06-15-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
That is a good thought. Maybe she captures Stannis and offers to exchange him to the Boltons for Sansa?
Why would the Bolton's give up Sansa for Stannis?

Also....Sansa is technically gone right now.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:27 PM 06-15-2015
With Stannis and Renly dead with no heirs does Dragonstone now go to paddle boat boy? Wouldn't he technically speaking be the heir for all of this crap? Including the throne right? He is a bastard though but still.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 335
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up