ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 77
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:33 PM 04-16-2024
If you've never driven a 100MPH in a Ford Taurus with a cheeseburger in one hand and a large fry in the other while steering with your knees, you're pretty much a pussy.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:33 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Right I totally believe you have never sped with any other car around you.
Flow of traffic (including if they are speeding) is the most I will speed. Last speeding ticket I got was 2 years ago and it was, essentially, a speed trap going into a small town. Got me doing 55 in a 45.

I'm a wild man.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:34 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
No one is suggesting he should be penalized for crashing a supercar. I am, though, pointing out that the car he was driving will go from 70 to 120 in 2.5 seconds. Name a Honda, outside the NSX, capable of that.

I'm using those numbers for a reason. 70 is the speed limit on that stretch of road and 120 is the speed he was going.
It doesn't fucking matter.

Holy shit, fuck it, nevermind I'm done with this argument. I forgot how absolutely retarded you can get. Its my fault for starting the convo with you to begin with.

Have a good day and I hope you don't break your neck climbing down off that cross. You need to take the wood and build a bridge and get over it.
[Reply]
Katipan 02:36 PM 04-16-2024
L.A metro. has stretches of 75mph where millions of cars go 85 without punishment and 95 routinely.

It's fast and dangerous but not so uncommon.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:37 PM 04-16-2024
I'm using those numbers for a reason. 70 is the speed limit on that stretch of road and 120 is the speed he was going.
Anyone who lives in the metroplex can verify this: It's not uncommon at all to see cars on I-35, 635, 75, etc. going 90-100 mph. When it isn't rush hour, you generally feel like a rolling barricade if you aren't going at least 10 mph over the speed limit.

Speed isn't the major issue in this case.
[Reply]
Katipan 02:38 PM 04-16-2024
🙄
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:38 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
L.A metro. has stretches of 75mph where millions of cars go 85 without punishment and 95 routinely.

It's fast and dangerous but not so uncommon.
Have you ever driven in Dallas or outside of Atlanta on I75? It insane at times.
[Reply]
loochy 02:38 PM 04-16-2024
No one is suggesting he should be penalized for crashing a supercar. I am, though, pointing out that the car he was driving will go from 70 to 120 in 2.5 seconds. Name a Honda, outside the NSX, capable of that.

Just so you know, NOBODY here in Texas drives the speed limit on a freeway. 85 is probably the common speed. And even when going 85, someone will always come up and blow right by like you were doing 45 or something. I know 120 is far from that, but I'm just saying. The last time I went to KC I was baffled by how almost everyone drove the speed limit.

Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Anyone who lives in the metroplex can verify this: It's not uncommon at all to see cars on I-35, 635, 75, etc. going 90-100 mph. When it isn't rush hour, you generally feel like a rolling barricade if you aren't going at least 10 mph over the speed limit.

edit: I just saw this. Yup, verified by me.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:38 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Anyone who lives in the metroplex can verify this: It's not uncommon at all to see cars on I-35, 635, 75, etc. going 90-100 mph. When it isn't rush hour, you generally feel like rolling barricade if you aren't going at least 10 mph over the speed limit.

��
Originally Posted by loochy:
Just so you know, NOBODY here in Texas drives the speed limit on a freeway. 85 is probably the common speed. And even when going 85, someone will always come up and blow right by like you were doing 45 or something. I know 120 is far from that, but I'm just saying. The last time I went to KC I was baffled by how almost everyone drove the speed limit.
I understand people travelling with the flow of traffic. Rice wasn't driving with the flow of traffic.
[Reply]
Katipan 02:40 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Have you ever driven in Dallas or outside of Atlanta on I75? It insane at times.
Blinkers are a declaration of intent not a request for permission.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:40 PM 04-16-2024
Have you ever driven one? Do you have even the vaguest idea of how quickly they build up speed? How quickly and easily it is to lose control of one?

First... a GMC Sierra can't even hit 120. To get to it's top speed from 70 would take about a 2/3 mile run up going flat out for a GMC Sierra v8 to reach 108. The Urus will do 70 to 120 in about 2.5 seconds.

Second... it seems you think I am using the term Supercar as a scare tactic like people call the AR an "Assault Weapon". I'm not. I'm using the term, correctly, to describe the intense speed the car is capable of in short spaces.

If have absolutely gone over 100. Either on a race track (my favorite time on the track was with the 458 Italia) or on a highway with no one in front of me. My brother nearly died in a car accident. Wife died in a car accident.

I don't fuck around like that.
I have driven a Maserati MC20 on a track (The company I work for has ties to Maserati). A car like that is much more maneuvarable and easy to control at those speeds than anything your average Joe is driving on the highway.

You are absolutely using the term "supercar" as a scare tactic. There is literally no other reason to even bring up the term in this conversation. It has zero to do with what happened and will have zero to do with any punishment Rice receives.

Sorry about your wife. I can see how losing someone like that could definitely skew your view in regards to reckless driving and accidents.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:40 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
If you've never driven a 100MPH in a Ford Taurus with a cheeseburger in one hand and a large fry in the other while steering with your knees, you're pretty much a pussy.
Make that a Ford Tempo, and add drunk/cumming.
[Reply]
KCJake 02:41 PM 04-16-2024
Driving fast and getting in a wreck sucks, but it happens. Crashing your car, grabbing your duffle bag full of assault rifles, forgetting your weed, and just walking away like nothing happened is the bigger problem.

Allegedly
[Reply]
loochy 02:42 PM 04-16-2024
Blinkers are a declaration of intent not a request for permission.

Blinkers aren't even used, WTF are you talking about?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:43 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
So, a 5% chance is "almost" happening?

Man, the things I've ALMOST done.
What do you think the highway would look like if everyone acted in a way that led to there being a 5% chance of an accident while driving?

You’ll find there are studies that estimate that for every 10k miles you drive your chances of being in a car accident are around 3%.

So you think a 1 in 20 chance seems like good odds that you’d sign up for? We should be okay with driving conditions created that are more in line with the risks you’d face driving 15k miles?

The above is admittedly a super crude way to look about it, but yeah, 5% chance seems really high and one that I wouldn’t sign up for. And neither would you I’m sure.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 77
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up