ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 211
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 06-27-2019
They can't develop hitters worth a shit anymore. They overrate all their prospects. The guys they trade for suck.

Just not interesting to watch right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:43 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They can't develop hitters worth a shit anymore. They overrate all their prospects. The guys they trade for suck.

Thought I might start watching more when hockey season was over.

Nope - just binge watching Letterkenny or {ugh} going back into the office for an hour or two.

That's right folks - I'd rather go to work than watch the !@#$ing Cardinals once I get the kids put to bed.

This team is that difficult to watch. And they offer so little in the way of hope to build on. We're stuck with this roster for at least one more year and since nobody in the organization has the stones to tell Yadi to sit the fuck down, he'll be here for as long as he wants to be as well.

Fowler, Goldschmidt, Molina and Carpenter sucking up $80 million in payroll for another couple of years. But hey, at least we'll only have Cecil and Miller on the books for one more.

It's just unbelievable how bad, boring and rudderless this organization has become.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:46 AM 06-27-2019
I watch the Braves a lot because of the wife. They're basically the anti-Cardinals. Their pitching largely sucks too, but they play with passion and fire and power through it.

Fun team to watch. Sort of like the Cardinals used to be.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:08 AM 06-27-2019
Yet they are still almost selling out every game. Including an A’s game on Wednesday night with a rain delay. Even the A’s broadcast talked about the crowd. Until the no shows stop buying tickets, nothing changes.

"44,000 in attendance at Busch...
Must be a holiday, nope
Must be a giveaway, nope
It's just... Cardinals" - A's announcer

— cardinalsgifs (@cardinalsgifs) June 27, 2019

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:24 AM 06-27-2019

Could this be the year that ends Mo being in charge?
[Reply]
bdj23 11:36 AM 06-27-2019
The last game I watched was whenever they played SNB vs the Cubs.

Think if I wrote an angry letter to the front office I could get them to refund my MLB.tv $$$?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:53 AM 06-28-2019
Bernie bringing the heat.

Originally Posted by :
Don’t blame the fans, Shildty.

All they want is a winning team, a playoff team, and a team that creates excitement by scoring more. They want a team that isn’t so drowsy on offense. They want a team that isn’t being run by a manager that displays enabler tendencies.

Blame your hitters for leaving themselves so vulnerable — and slow to adjust — to changeups and breaking pitches. Blame the front office for its neglect in assembling this roster. Blame yourself, and your coaches.

Just don’t blame the fans.

Be it fans or media, Shildt is showing weakness by bellyaching about people who have no role in determining the outcome of a baseball game.

The fans are more than doing their share to make this a successful franchise.

It’s up to the Cardinals, their manager and team management, to take full responsibility here.

Unless you want to thank them, leave the fans out of this. Don’t act like the fans are failing you — because you are failing the fans.

Memo to Shildty: The Cardinals’ official Twitter hashtag this season is #TimeToFly. It isn’t #TimeToCry.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:09 AM 06-28-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Bernie bringing the heat.
I listened to the "Seeing Red" podcast yesterday afternoon.

Bernie lit into the club and Schilt about their attitudes towards the fans and the team. Larussa challenged Mo to make the team better, get rid of this guy etc. Get in Dewitts and Mo's face, He personally saw it many times. Wouldn't disclose the details. Matheny and now Schildt wouldn't challenge Mo or strongly advocate like Larussa to improve the team. Mo and Dewitt got their manager that wont challenge them. Now, they are fat and happy without anyone challenging them to do better.

Will Leitch was going off about the MVP book that is out. Basically, all clubs are moving away from making players ultra comfortable in their position and with the team. The theory was if the players are comfortable, they will perform at their best. Now, according to Will, almost every team in the MLB is taking the opposite approach. But, the Cardinals are still stuck in the old approach. Giving out unnecessary contracts to make players feel comfortable. Never confronting a player to change bad habits but just showing them video or suggesting a different tactic. No consequences or confrontation, dont be negative, positive reinforcement.
[Reply]
Brent Williams 03:17 PM 06-28-2019
Man it would be nice if they brought up Dylan Carlson to play center. He is going to be in the outfield next year so they might as well do it now. It can’t get any worse in center as far as production.
[Reply]
Miles 04:49 PM 06-28-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Tino Goldschmidt.
So is maybe might need an upgrade at first even before 130m kicks in next year a bad thing?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:12 PM 06-28-2019
Shit, knowing our crack medical staff, probably amputation. Now we won’t even get shit for him at the trade deadline.

Marcell Ozuna has injuries to third and fourth fingers on his right hand. The team plans to evaluate him again Saturday to determine the extent/severity of the injury. #Cardinals #stlcards #MLB

— Derrick Goold (@dgoold) June 29, 2019

[Reply]
Miles 02:16 PM 06-29-2019
Not like there was any chance they’d sell at the deadline.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:08 PM 06-29-2019
Jesus christ this team is a disaster.

Fire everyone and then re-fire Matheny and Mabry.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:11 PM 06-29-2019
Hudson only gets charged with one earned run because he committed the error that extended the inning.

Dude's ERA is living a charmed life, even if he is pitching like shit.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:58 PM 06-29-2019
This team is staggeringly bad. Can't wait for Mo to trade Carlson for Sergio Romo.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 211
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up