Page 463 of 4814
« First < 363413453459460461462463 4644654664674735135639631463 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:55 AM 08-22-2016
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Did you know that if the Broncos hadn't drafted Lynch, they would have drafted Prescott? The best thing to happen to the Broncos is Osweiler leaving. Lynch right now looks much better than Osweiler ever did during preseason games.
The whole point is they supposedly took their time with Osweiler "grooming him" so he could be the next guy. He comes in and outplays Manning basically getting you guys the 1 seed, but yet Elway feels he wasn't worth the money. If the Broncos feel he wasn't worth it or good enough, then that is their fault. They "developed" him.

So don't go trying to sell us on how they are grooming the next great thing in Lynch. He should be looking over his shoulder because horseface will be all over any big name qb that becomes available next year, or even the year after. He has to make the most of the window in front of him with that elite defense.

If you didn't notice, Lynch has virtually the same measurables that Osweiler had: big, athletic, raw talents who did not garner the most experience in College because of competition played and the offenses they worked in.

Why do believe this experiment with Lynch will be different? Elway will always be antsy with the qb position in Denver, because his ego can't fully allow him to have mediocrity at the position. If name free agents come available at qb, Denver goes all in.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:59 AM 08-22-2016
Cowboys got lucky with Prescott, he might be next Russel Wilson. (Its preseason, but looks promising)

Lynch has had some good throws, but he has no were near the level of a RUN game he is going to need. Address the offensive line.........

BTW Chiefs "aging roster" compared to Denver we are spring chickens......
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:04 AM 08-22-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
That's Elway's out...lay the losing season blame at the feet of a rookie. Won't be surprised to see Brees in orange after he ruins him...to cover his own ineptitude..

He just squandered that defense...Ware, Talib, Ward and possibly Sanders will be gone. The O-line in shambles...
The failures of the offense will tie back to the OL, not the QB. Elway hasn't squandered anything at this point. I've never put much stock into the wins/losses of preseason.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:04 AM 08-22-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
The fact is, Denver's future has a MUCH better outlook than KC's. The Chiefs are hanging on to an aging, expensive roster that has no shot at winning a Super Bowl.

Denver has a lot of their young, core players locked up for the next 4 years and have their QBOTF ready for another 15 year stretch of dominance.
Yeah...says the guy who's team just signed Okung and Melton...and has the bulk of it's star defensive starters ready to retire/leave. Your O-line is garbage and it's going to take a long time to fix it...if ever. Elway sucks at drafting/developing lineman...if you havent noticed.

If Lynch tanks...you're fucked for years.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:07 AM 08-22-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
The failures of the offense will tie back to the OL, not the QB. Elway hasn't squandered anything at this point. I've never put much stock into the wins/losses of preseason.
So the GM?
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:15 AM 08-22-2016
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Cowboys got lucky with Prescott, he might be next Russel Wilson. (Its preseason, but looks promising)

Lynch has had some good throws, but he has no were near the level of a RUN game he is going to need. Address the offensive line.........

BTW Chiefs "aging roster" compared to Denver we are spring chickens......
The difference is Prescott gets to develop behind the best O-line since KC had Roaf. Starting Lynch behind that line will be a disaster...there is reason he hasn't even practiced with the starters.

But by all mean..start him Denver, please.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:17 AM 08-22-2016
The difference is Prescott gets to develop behind the best O-line since KC had Roaf. Starting Lynch behind that line will be a disaster...there is reason he hasn't even practiced with the starters.

But by all mean..start him Denver, please.
If they start that idiot behind that OL, he will be ruined forever. We've all seen this story a million times.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:21 AM 08-22-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If they start that idiot behind that OL, he will be ruined forever. We've all seen this story a million times.
Like I said a few months ago...the media/fan pressure is going to force Elway's hand. They are already booing Sanchez...and it's the preseason. :-)

The fans haven't quite wrapped their heads around how spoiled and entitled Manning made them.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:38 AM 08-22-2016
Yeah...says the guy who's team just signed Okung and Melton...and has the bulk of it's star defensive starters ready to retire/leave. Your O-line is garbage and it's going to take a long time to fix it...if ever. Elway sucks at drafting/developing lineman...if you havent noticed.

If Lynch tanks...you're ****ed for years.
And, do you just make this stuff up?

Like I said a few months ago...the media/fan pressure is going to force Elway's hand. They are already booing Sanchez...and it's the preseason. :-)

The fans haven't quite wrapped their heads around how spoiled and entitled Manning made them.
Sure, you said it... but, you're implying that many were happy and content with Sanchez. I'm sure there's a contingent that are/were fine with him as the starter, but the bulk of fans view it for what it is -- a time killer, Sanchez is not an answer to their QB questions.

They had a lot of OL issues to address and have done what they can, so we'll see how it goes. I don't think it's the smartest thing to put Lynch out there, which is why I suggest to do it in week 5. At some point, he has to hit the ground running and behind that OL, that's exactly what he'll have to do. The other two aren't going to do anything worth noting, so in week 5 - let Lynch have a run for 4-5 weeks and see how it goes.

Falcons, @ Chargers, Texans, Chargers -- 3 of 4 at home in that second series of 4 games, that's when you put the rookie out there.

If he does well, he continues to start with 3 of the next 4 on the road. @ Oak, @ NOS, KC in Den and @ Jax. I'd rather him have a month of games under his belt, with 3 at home before hitting that stretch.

But, there's no way he should play in the home opener vs CAR, then IND or @ CIN or @ TB... let Sanchez and Trevor take those lumps and let Lynch be the guy that comes in at that point.

The defense should be good enough if the offense plays it safe to walk away 2-2 at worst in the first 4. If they are .500 going into Falcons, @ Chargers, Texans, Chargers --- that's ideal. And, I don't think it's really going out on any crazy limb.

Again, some of the 'newer' fans of the Manning era Broncos fall into that group, but if anything has made the fan base 'entitled' it's the consistent history of winning, not Manning. And, if this is a down year, so be it... the cycle has to end at some point and if that's 2016, I'm not concerned. Again, this team is good enough to end no worse than .500, but I'm thinking 9-10 wins is still a legitimate expectation.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:42 AM 08-22-2016
Thats a very reasonable outlook, MHM

Your plan for Lynch is definitely the way to go IMO
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 11:52 AM 08-22-2016
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
The whole point is they supposedly took their time with Osweiler "grooming him" so he could be the next guy. He comes in and outplays Manning basically getting you guys the 1 seed, but yet Elway feels he wasn't worth the money. If the Broncos feel he wasn't worth it or good enough, then that is their fault. They "developed" him.

So don't go trying to sell us on how they are grooming the next great thing in Lynch. He should be looking over his shoulder because horseface will be all over any big name qb that becomes available next year, or even the year after. He has to make the most of the window in front of him with that elite defense.

If you didn't notice, Lynch has virtually the same measurables that Osweiler had: big, athletic, raw talents who did not garner the most experience in College because of competition played and the offenses they worked in.

Why do believe this experiment with Lynch will be different? Elway will always be antsy with the qb position in Denver, because his ego can't fully allow him to have mediocrity at the position. If name free agents come available at qb, Denver goes all in.
Do you think Osweiler with 6 starts is worth $18m/year? He did ok, but he wasn't Brett Favre or anything. If there's one team that knows Brock it's the Broncos. You seem pretty upset the Broncos were willing to let Brock go. We'll both find out soon enough if the Broncos made a mistake by letting him walk.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:03 PM 08-22-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

The defense should be good enough if the offense plays it safe to walk away 2-2 at worst in the first 4. If they are .500 going into Falcons, @ Chargers, Texans, Chargers --- that's ideal. And, I don't think it's really going out on any crazy limb.
They arent throwing a rookie into the fire if they are 2-2......start 0-4, the fans are going to have melt-down and it still might not happen. I dont think Lynch sees the field until they are out of play-off contention.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:08 PM 08-22-2016
They arent throwing a rookie into the fire if they are 2-2......start 0-4, the fans are going to have melt-down and it still might not happen. I dont think Lynch sees the field until they are out of play-off contention.
One never knows... but, I do think you're hoping for this wild crazy scenario to happen when Sanchez struggles. Hell, there are calls for Lynch to start now, fans want to see the young guy. Broncos could be 4-0 with Sanchez and you'll have a strong outcry for him to be benched.
[Reply]
New World Order 08-22-2016, 01:13 PM
This message has been deleted by New World Order.
New World Order 01:21 PM 08-22-2016
Kubiak says Lynch will start this week.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 01:27 PM 08-22-2016
Trevor will start according to 104.3 in Denver.
[Reply]
Page 463 of 4814
« First < 363413453459460461462463 4644654664674735135639631463 > Last »
Up