ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 940 of 3903
« First < 440840890930936937938939940 941942943944950990104014401940 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:21 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, and the mayor's overall initial reaction was foolish.
NY is just a tough nut and should really be viewed in isolation in terms of how to deal with it.

I HATE that the subways are running. I've said that from among my first few posts in this thread - they are pretty much a worst case scenario for spread and I don't see any way you could pay me enough to be on one right now.

But I also understand that NY has one of the largest populations of healthcare workers in the country and many people there simply don't have vehicles. How the hell are they supposed to get to work? Stores?

I hate that they're open...but I understand that they may be necessary evils.

And everyone lives in apartments and green space is limited and its crowded as hell and on and on and on. NY is an AWFUL environment for this thing and I'm not sure there's any such thing as a right answer. It's a busybody city (the energy there is unlike anything I've ever experienced) so putting them on lockdown immediately wasn't reasonable either because again - you have a clock on that cauldron.

I don't envy anyone involved in decision-making for NYC right now. Like I said, I'll defer completely to what their leadership on the ground wants to do and I would provide them support from a federal level to whatever extent possible. But I don't think it's reasonable to make wholesale policy decisions for the rest of the country based on what could happen there.

NY is just uniquely fucked in this situation and they were always destined to be.
[Reply]
Donger 09:25 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
NY is just a tough nut and should really be viewed in isolation in terms of how to deal with it.

I HATE that the subways are running. I've said that from among my first few posts in this thread - they are pretty much a worst case scenario for spread and I don't see any way you could pay me enough to be on one right now.

But I also understand that NY has one of the largest populations of healthcare workers in the country and many people there simply don't have vehicles. How the hell are they supposed to get to work? Stores?

I hate that they're open...but I understand that they may be necessary evils.

And everyone lives in apartments and green space is limited and its crowded as hell and on and on and on. NY is an AWFUL environment for this thing and I'm not sure there's any such thing as a right answer. It's a busybody city (the energy there is unlike anything I've ever experienced) so putting them on lockdown immediately wasn't reasonable either because again - you have a clock on that cauldron.

I don't envy anyone involved in decision-making for NYC right now. Like I said, I'll defer completely to what their leadership on the ground wants to do and I would provide them support from a federal level to whatever extent possible. But I don't think it's reasonable to make wholesale policy decisions for the rest of the country based on what could happen there.

NY is just uniquely ****ed in this situation and they were always destined to be.
True, but they should shut down the subway to only healthcare workers, IMO. Surely they have a contingency for that, right?

As to the rest? Uber, walk, ride a bike. Have the city/state arrange for taxis and limos to only transport healthcare workers in pools. Again, surely they have to have a plan for this.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:25 AM 03-31-2020
had to post this article about toilet paper

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:26 AM 03-31-2020
Weird reporting today. Usually NY has some numbers in by now even if they aren't from NYC.
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 03-31-2020
I did a shitload of yard work this weekend, we got our bedroom and bathroom painted.

Now I've got some brush to clean out. My dad freaked out on me cause he doesn't trust me with a chainsaw. I've used a chainsaw around him since I was like 15. I grew up in the country I know what i'm doing.

The ER doctor that sewed up my leg yesterday said he'd never seen a chainsaw cut that clean, so yeah, I can handle it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:32 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I did a shitload of yard work this weekend, we got our bedroom and bathroom painted.

Now I've got some brush to clean out. My dad freaked out on me cause he doesn't trust me with a chainsaw. I've used a chainsaw around him since I was like 15. I grew up in the country I know what i'm doing.

The ER doctor that sewed up my leg yesterday said he'd never seen a chainsaw cut that clean, so yeah, I can handle it.
We used a chainsaw doing some work in the yard we had been putting off. I ran it. My son is strong as an ox but if someone is going to cut off a leg or hand, I want it to be me.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:34 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Sports with no fans would be stupid.
It's better than having no sports at all.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:37 AM 03-31-2020

Oh my.....
[Reply]
Bwana 09:39 AM 03-31-2020

I have cut a lot of wood with a chainsaw throughout the years and I've come out it relatively unscathed. I have had a few close calls and did redesign a steel toe boot and a pair of Carhartt pants several years ago. They can be very unforgiving for sure.
[Reply]
Donger 09:40 AM 03-31-2020

Did you go with the grain, or against?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:40 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Landlords just supposed to take it in the ass while the tenants get a free ride? Yeah that seems fair.
No but they shouldn't be kicking people on the street who lost their jobs because of the CoronaVirus either.

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It's better than having no sports at all.
What would a home game be? What would an away game be? It'd be a fake season and a lot of other fans would feel the same way. Wait it out. With internet there's plenty of ways to entertain ourselves for a month or two.
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 03-31-2020
I'm kidding about cutting my leg. But I did cut some stuff, got a lot more to go this week.

It's nice to live out in the country on land. I built the kids a homemade golf course in the yard so that's kept them busy.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:43 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I posted this early, but last week my GF tracked down the girl that cuts my hair (but salon was shut down). After a brief health inquiry, we had her come over Friday afternoon and cut my hair in my home. I tipped very generously and it was way better than in the salon!

and letting significant others cut your hair is a good way for them to become ex-significant others....
Good for you. Hopefully I have the same luck, if not, if this goes on much longer, I'll be able to stand in for the Geico caveman.

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:43 AM 03-31-2020

:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 09:45 AM 03-31-2020
I'm kidding about cutting my leg. But I did cut some stuff, got a lot more to go this week.

It's nice to live out in the country on land. I built the kids a homemade golf course in the yard so that's kept them busy.
Are you circumsized now?
[Reply]
Page 940 of 3903
« First < 440840890930936937938939940 941942943944950990104014401940 > Last »
Up