ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 548 of 3903
« First < 48448498538544545546547548 54955055155255859864810481548 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
AustinChief 08:11 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:

it looks like it's a total shut down or millions of deaths.
Those figures are almost COMPLETELY meaningless except to sensationalize things and get clicks.

Let me give you a completely made up but plausible scenario. Let's say that the people between 0 and 54 ignore all the advice and put themselves at much higher risk. This activity results in 50x (all made up figures here, just to prove a point) as many cases in that particular age group. So in a certain geographical area you have 1000 people who are 54+ infected and 50,000 people <54 infected. 124 people from the 54+ group end up hospitalized. 76 people from the <54 group end up hospitalized.

OMG !!!! 38%are under 54!!!! Yes. and they represent .152% of the people infected from their age group.

Since we have absolutely ZERO clue what the true numbers are these types of percentages are completely meaningless. They are nothing but sensationalism meant to scare people. You maye be ok with it but I see it as outright dishonesty and it's FUCKING REPREHENSIBLE behavior.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:19 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I picked a helluva week to stop drinking.
I wish you'd stop sniffing glue as well
[Reply]
TLO 08:22 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Those figures are almost COMPLETELY meaningless except to sensationalize things and get clicks.

Let me give you a completely made up but plausible scenario. Let's say that the people between 0 and 54 ignore all the advice and put themselves at much higher risk. This activity results in 50x (all made up figures here, just to prove a point) as many cases in that particular age group. So in a certain geographical area you have 1000 people who are 54+ infected and 50,000 people <54 infected. 124 people from the 54+ group end up hospitalized. 76 people from the <54 group end up hospitalized.

OMG !!!! 38%are under 54!!!! Yes. and they represent .152% of the people infected from their age group.

Since we have absolutely ZERO clue what the true numbers are these types of percentages are completely meaningless. They are nothing but sensationalism meant to scare people. You maye be ok with it but I see it as outright dishonesty and it's ****ING REPREHENSIBLE behavior.
Amen. Great post.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:24 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Crowler:

Too Jewish Broncos
[Reply]
O.city 08:26 PM 03-20-2020
https://twitter.com/andyswan/status/...916317698?s=21

Maybe I’m just looking for good news but I thought this was interesting
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:28 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:

Since we have absolutely ZERO clue what the true numbers are these types of percentages are completely meaningless. They are nothing but sensationalism meant to scare people. You maye be ok with it but I see it as outright dishonesty and it's ****ING REPREHENSIBLE behavior.
This times 100 trillion. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 08:35 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://twitter.com/andyswan/status/...916317698?s=21

Maybe I’m just looking for good news but I thought this was interesting
Interesting, but I'm hesitant to refer to it as a "paper." Just about anyone can "publish" on Medium, and the guy outright says that he's not a doctor or public health official.

I hope he's right, but the world's experts seem to disagree.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 PM 03-20-2020
So I’ve been reading all I can about this stuff. The Italian death rates just are way out of wack so I dug into how they’re classifying it. I think a lot of it is “they’re on deaths doorstep” and covid 19 pushed them over the edge. Any death of a pt is counted as a covid 19 death of they test positive postmortem

That’s interesting to me
[Reply]
O.city 08:39 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Interesting, but I'm hesitant to refer to it as a "paper." Just about anyone can "publish" on Medium, and the guy outright says that he's not a doctor or public health official.

I hope he's right, but the world's experts seem to disagree.
I agree

Numbers are numbers though. It just seems more and more to me that we’re just lacking data on this
[Reply]
DaFace 08:39 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I agree

Numbers are numbers though. It just seems more and more to me that we’re just lacking data on this
Yup.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:41 PM 03-20-2020
I do think that it's relatively safe to say that the actual CFR will end up being around 1% or lower at least. Pretty much every country has seen 3-5% or higher at first, then declining levels as testing expands.

That doesn't mean that it's not dangerous, but hopefully it won't be QUITE as bad as it once seemed like it might be.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:47 PM 03-20-2020

BREAKING: General Motors to partner with Ventec Life Systems to increase ventilator production.”

"With GM's help, Ventec will increase ventilator production," said Chris Kiple, Ventec Life Systems CEO. "This partnership will help save lives." pic.twitter.com/wpNlBuQ76Y

— Mark Cavitt (@MarkCavitt) March 21, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 03-20-2020, 08:48 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO.
mlyonsd 08:50 PM 03-20-2020
If Americans just follow the basic rules of washing their hands and social distancing cases will level out and fall.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:58 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Seems like I read about this a couple of pages ago. :-)

No special access. It wasn’t a private conference call. It was a preparatory call for this inevitable announcement so the medical field could trust the final product.
[Reply]
Fish 09:13 PM 03-20-2020
No way, not Kansas....

Kansas officials green light curbside alcohol sales

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Retailers of all sorts are working hard to get creative to stay open.

On Thursday, the Kansas Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control announced steps to help alcoholic beverage distributors and liquor stores.

Under new guidance, liquor license holders will be allowed to operate curbside sales to customers.

The guidance requires a designated “to-go” parking area that’s within 50 feet of the entrance to the business.

Additionally, restaurants are allowed to sell bottles of beer and wine in their original containers alongside curbside meals. The beverages are required to have a tamper-resistant seal and must be accompanied with a receipt.

The full memo is available on the state’s website.
[Reply]
Page 548 of 3903
« First < 48448498538544545546547548 54955055155255859864810481548 > Last »
Up