ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 528 of 3903
« First < 28428478518524525526527528 52953053153253857862810281528 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Dartgod 01:55 PM 03-20-2020
Why does the media do this (don't answer, I know why)? That's not even close to doubling.

Originally Posted by Fish:
Missouri coronavirus cases nearly double, from 28 to 47

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The number of COVID-19 cases in Missouri nearly doubled on Friday, going from 28 to to 47, as officials throughout the state sought to get ahead of the coronavirus crisis.

State health officials said St. Louis County and Kansas City have the most cases, with seven each, while Greene County has six. Pulaski, Scott and St. Charles counties each reported their first cases. A person in Boone County is the state’s only known death from the virus.

[Reply]
BWillie 01:55 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Masks don't do jack shit. Stop listening to the ****ing media.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=821
Not true at all. Surgical masks don't do much except help not spread the virus if you ARE infected. N95 masks absolutely help. In fact, it's the opposite. The media was spreading false info saying to not use them, to protect them from ourselves so people wouldn't stock pile them.

When 80%+ of Covid-19 cases are transmitted being near someone speaking, sneezing, coughing as a result of droplets any little bit can help. Even a scarf would help to some degree, but I do acknowledge it would provide very little additional protection albeit some.

Our medical personal don't wear masks & N95 masks because they are bored. They ABSOLUTELY work, they just are not fail proof. Any other propaganda or people saying masks do not HELP is just completely false. Period.

If PPE didn't work, then people who work in restoration & the contamination business wouldn't use them, either.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:56 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Why does the media do this (don't answer, I know why)? That's not even close to doubling.
Well, they did say "nearly".....but I agree with you. The headlines anymore read like the world is ending.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:56 PM 03-20-2020

BREAKING: Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker will issue a shelter in place order later today, essentially commanding all residents to stay in their homes as officials take drastic measures to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Effective Saturday.https://t.co/BdGduoMqJ8

— Gregory Pratt (@royalpratt) March 20, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:57 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
My wife mentioned off-hand at a wedding in 2014 that I was going thin on top. I had no idea, and always bought into the "mom's dad" line of genetic bullshit.

I immediately ran into the bathroom and started trying to take pics of the top of my head. I scrolled through the unfocused, shaky images like they were frames from Zapruder's camera.

"It's just a cowlick," I told myself. My aunt, who owns a salon, said the same.

She was lying, and I was in denial for about 18 months. I figure after we get through all this shit I'll just keep it buzzed. No point in treating a Tyler Palko hairline like it's Mahomes.
I've been using Rogaine for 20 years - seems to have stopped the widow's peaks and maybe even grown back some of the back-middle spot (which my 4 uncles on my Mom's side all have).
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 01:57 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Why would anyone believe the Chinese government they’ve lied this whole time and trying to cover it up.
Believe them about what? The draconian lockdown? That was pretty well documented by journalists on the scene, and by maps showing NO2 emissions during the quarantine. We're in the "rock and a hard place" scenario here-- Draconian lockdowns would stop the spread of this virus (this time around) but we won't (and probably shouldn't) take those types of steps in the West.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:58 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You have been "commanded"!!!
[Reply]
Donger 01:59 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Not true at all. Surgical masks don't do much except help not spread the virus if you ARE infected. N95 masks absolutely help. In fact, it's the opposite. The media was spreading false info saying to not use them, to protect them from ourselves so people wouldn't stock pile them.

When 80%+ of Covid-19 cases are transmitted being near someone speaking, sneezing, coughing as a result of droplets any little bit can help. Even a scarf would help to some degree, but I do acknowledge it would provide very little additional protection albeit some.

Our medical personal don't wear masks & N95 masks because they are bored. They ABSOLUTELY work, they just are not fail proof. Any other propaganda or people saying masks do not HELP is just completely false. Period.

If PPE didn't work, then people who work in restoration & the contamination business wouldn't use them, either.
Yep. Want to revise now, pete?
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 01:59 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
My wife mentioned off-hand at a wedding in 2014 that I was going thin on top. I had no idea, and always bought into the "mom's dad" line of genetic bullshit.

I immediately ran into the bathroom and started trying to take pics of the top of my head. I scrolled through the unfocused, shaky images like they were frames from Zapruder's camera.

"It's just a cowlick," I told myself. My aunt, who owns a salon, said the same.

She was lying, and I was in denial for about 18 months. I figure after we get through all this shit I'll just keep it buzzed. No point in treating a Tyler Palko hairline like it's Mahomes.
Grass doesn't grow on a busy street. A rolling stone gathers no moss. QED.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:01 PM 03-20-2020

My local Costco is out of Eggo waffles. A man & woman reached for the last box at the same time. Though he was there first by about 2 secs, the woman insisted they should go to her & her children. I KID YOU NOT, the man, who had his 2 teens w/him, replied, "Ma'am, leggo my Eggo."

— Emily R. King (@Emily_R_King) March 19, 2020

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:03 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Three of the most populous states in America will now effectively have their citizens on virtual house arrest.

North Korea-style, draconian governance policies on full display.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 03-20-2020, 02:05 PM
This message has been deleted by Stanley Nickels.
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:05 PM 03-20-2020
I can relate this situation to raising hogs as we had to deal with disease all the time. We've vaccinated for coronavirus for years although it was a different strain.

What the Hog industry found out many years ago is that the higher the population within a barn the more rampant a virus would be on the herd. the [U]microbial density magnifies the higher the population in a confined area.[U]

We learned to NOT keep hogs in rooms with a population of 5000 and to reduce the room size to a population of 500.

I would think the same holds true with humans. People living in densely populated areas( NY,LA,etc...) are going to get hit the hardest. People living and working rural will not be affected so much.
[Reply]
KCGal 02:06 PM 03-20-2020
I heard the national guard is mobilizing at arrowhead on the radio. Anybody hear that?
[Reply]
Donger 02:06 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Three of the most populous states in America will now effectively have their citizens on virtual house arrest.

North Korea-style, draconian governance policies on full display.
Stop it.

Residents can still go to the grocery stores, put gas in their cars, take walks outside and make pharmacy runs. All local roads, including the interstate highways and tollways, will remain open to traffic, as well.

Suburban Oak Park also issued a shelter-in-place order as of 12:01 a.m. Friday, after two emergency room physicians at Rush Oak Park Hospital tested positive for COVID-19. Residents have been ordered to stay in their homes except for “essential” travel as outlined by village ordinance. They can go to work, for example, if their businesses remain open, especially if they have essential jobs such as first responders, sanitation workers or health care providers.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:08 PM 03-20-2020

National guard at FedEx field setting up. Here we go. 🥴 pic.twitter.com/comXwvSv6X

— PlusModelParis 📸 (@X_LadyP) March 20, 2020

[Reply]
Page 528 of 3903
« First < 28428478518524525526527528 52953053153253857862810281528 > Last »
Up