ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 3903
« First < 243031323334 3536373844841345341034 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 04:53 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
And again, if this thing has been circulating for 6 weeks in Washington State, and it was THAT severe - why wouldn't that have popped up on any radar screens?
It also happens to be flu season. It is probable that people have died from COVID-19 and they presumed that they died from influenza.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:56 PM 03-02-2020
Americans at Costco and Sam's Town right now fighting over pallets of rice.

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:10 PM 03-02-2020
So I went by the Costco nearest me this afternoon, and things seemed very normal. Also went to my local grocery store and everything is still in stock, there hasn't been any kind of run on anything so far as I can tell.

And I read an article in today's local news that said that the whole panic buying thing hasn't yet become a phenomenon here in PHX. Not yet anyway. Guess I'm not buying pallets of water just yet.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:22 PM 03-02-2020
What is it with you people and Costco. Nobody goes to fucking Target? No membership. And a cool fucking red dog with a bulls-eye.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:24 PM 03-02-2020
White people love shopping at Costco and posting pics of their hotel room view with the caption "view for the week".
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:30 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
White people love shopping at Costco and posting pics of their hotel room view with the caption "view for the week".
I've pondered starting an Instagram or Twitter account where I only show the views from my hotel rooms. I think it would be quite popular.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:33 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've pondered starting an Instagram or Twitter account where I only show the views from my hotel rooms. I think it would be quite popular.
Cat videos are consistently top-10 clips in this country, so pics of your hotel room isn't much of a stretch. According to my niece anyway.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:35 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
some women do that, they just insert themselves into the photo
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:37 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I wonder how many transmissions would be prevented if people just stopped shaking hands and instead did the "elbow bump."
no one likes the handshake greeting anyway. Why can’t we just agree to get rid of it when no one likes it. Why do we have to touch someone in business when meeting them for the first time?
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:41 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
no one likes the handshake greeting anyway. Why can’t we just agree to get rid of it when no one likes it. Why do we have to touch someone in business when meeting them for the first time?
We should all do fist-pound-explosions instead.

"You can tell a lot about a man by how big his explosion is after a fist-bump".

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Megatron96 06:25 PM 03-02-2020
When I was a hiring manager, if the candidate didn't shake hands (other than for an injury/sickness) or if he gave me a limp handshake, he was crossed off the list as soon as he went out the door. Man up and learn to give a good firm handshake, sheesh . . .
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:29 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
When I was a hiring manager, if the candidate didn't shake hands (other than for an injury/sickness) or if he gave me a limp handshake, he was crossed off the list as soon as he went out the door. Man up and learn to give a good firm handshake, sheesh . . .
Or a bad ass Fist-bump explosion. Just sayin'.
[Reply]
cdcox 06:37 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'm not falling for that. You probably just want to carry a club into the business meeting.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:54 PM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Its just a pretty dumb outdated custom, thats why.
[Reply]
wazu 07:19 PM 03-02-2020
Coronavirus possibly in KC.

Black & Veatch: 2 workers monitored for possible exposure to COVID-19 https://t.co/QSb0MPhO1Y

— KMBC (@kmbc) March 2, 2020

[Reply]
Page 34 of 3903
« First < 243031323334 3536373844841345341034 > Last »
Up