ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2088 of 3903
« First < 1088158819882038207820842085208620872088 208920902091209220982138218825883088 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 03:14 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Went to Gates to order To Go but quickly noped my way out of there as no customers were wearing masks nor was the staff.
Wow you just saved your life dude. Close call.

:-)
[Reply]
TLO 03:21 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I guess in a month or two we should have better data on how much difference wearing mask makes. People walking in a park may or may not be wearing masks around here but at grocery stores and picking up take out it appears to be 100%.
There's a variation of people wearing masks here in the Midwest.

This might sound really bad, but I'm going to say it anyway.

From my own observation, the higher class areas of town are a lot more likely to be wearing masks than the lower class areas.
[Reply]
TLO 03:25 PM 05-16-2020
Depending on if/when Worldomoters fixes the bug on the New York numbers, we might come in at 1200 deaths or so today.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:30 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wow you just saved your life dude. Close call.

:-)
I'll choke you out harder than Rona ever could
[Reply]
staylor26 03:32 PM 05-16-2020
I'll choke you out harder than Rona ever could
You couldn’t beat yourself out of a wet paper bag.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:37 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You couldn’t beat yourself out of a wet paper bag.
I'd bloody your nose then youd call the cops
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:42 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
There's a variation of people wearing masks here in the Midwest.

This might sound really bad, but I'm going to say it anyway.

From my own observation, the higher class areas of town are a lot more likely to be wearing masks than the lower class areas.
I think it's more about demographics. Old people wear them and also women..Under 50 males rarely do if it's not mandatory from what I see. 1 person the gym wears one and he is probably in his 60s.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:44 PM 05-16-2020
Weekend levity.....

[Reply]
staylor26 03:44 PM 05-16-2020
I'd bloody your nose then youd call the cops
Can somebody please for the love of god show Billay where the ‘ button is.
[Reply]
Donger 03:55 PM 05-16-2020
Dogs may be able to sniff out Covid: Trials for specially-trained sniffer dogs that may be able to detect coronavirus in humans, even before symptoms appear, are set to begin in London. Respiratory diseases are known to change body odor, according to the researchers, who hope dogs can detect the virus as they have been able to do with malaria.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:56 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude, alliteration aside, it's sarcasm.....
And you clearly suck at it so if I were you I'd avoid using it at all costs.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:09 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
And you clearly suck at it so if I were you I'd avoid using it at all costs.
oooooh, oh, oooooh...BURN
[Reply]
R Clark 04:33 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Dogs may be able to sniff out Covid: Trials for specially-trained sniffer dogs that may be able to detect coronavirus in humans, even before symptoms appear, are set to begin in London. Respiratory diseases are known to change body odor, according to the researchers, who hope dogs can detect the virus as they have been able to do with malaria.
I hope they do a better job than the dog’s detecting dope , from watching on tv that looks like a joke.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 04:44 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
This is all I ask. If I'm hospitalized with it I'd prefer to try this combination. I understand if physicians aren't allowed to recommend it but I'd sign a waiver or informed consent form to be allowed to.

The idea that there is no evidence is false. It may not be enough evidence to advise an entire country to make it the default treatment but there is some evidence. Small numbers and small trial sizes.

Two news stories that cite the same study with completely different conclusions. It would appear that these trials seem to prove what those conducting them wanted to prove (positive or negative.) What those who are optimistic about it state is the importance of giving the combo early - those that state little to no positive results gave the combo between 7 to 12 days after symptoms began. That's a big difference.

And doctors regularly prescribe drugs for off label use. The last 4 drugs I tried for insomnia were not developed to specifically treat that.

Also the biggest negatives seem to be heart complications due to the QT interval. People with a longer interval can have negative or fatal effects and should be tested for this before being considered. I guess there's a range that's dangerous and people close to that shouldn't take either drug.

Any drug can cause a negative reaction in small percentages of people. Do what you can to educate yourself and make informed decisions. I am not a doctor and don't know more about medicine than my doctor.

Nothing is "safe." Dozens of vaccines have been hurried into production and discontinued due to negative side effects and infections. Probably hundreds of medications as well. Hell, I just found out the damned antacid I'd been taking for 10 years causes cancer...
I'd rather have hydroxychloriquine plus zinc like some doctors have recommended. They theorize that it is zinc that fights the virus and hcq helps the zinc get in the cells. Dr. Zelenko and Dr. Cardillo have both reported great success and this study also lends some support to the theory:

http://https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.barrons.com/amp/news/zinc-hydroxychloroquine-found-effective-in-some-covid-19-patients-study-01589234407

It annoys me every time a study on hcq is done without zinc to try to make hcq look ineffective. Zinc seems to be the key and people keep obsessing over only hcq.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:51 PM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
I'd rather have hydroxychloriquine plus zinc like some doctors have recommended. They theorize that it is zinc that fights the virus and hcq helps the zinc get in the cells. Dr. Zelenko and Dr. Cardillo have both reported great success and this study also lends some support to the theory:

http://https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.barrons.com/amp/news/zinc-hydroxychloroquine-found-effective-in-some-covid-19-patients-study-01589234407

It annoys me every time a study on hcq is done without zinc to try to make hcq look ineffective. Zinc seems to be the key and people keep obsessing over only hcq.
Other trials which included Zinc and HCQ showed No benefits, I think Hamas posted one or two specific to the zinc.

I’m a clinician, not a researcher,” he said. “I don’t understand fully the language of clinical research.” This is what Dr. Zelenko said to explain why he falsely stated his trial was FDA approved
[Reply]
Page 2088 of 3903
« First < 1088158819882038207820842085208620872088 208920902091209220982138218825883088 > Last »
Up