ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 3903
« First < 3888128134135136137138 1391401411421481882386381138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 06:19 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Agree. Does it go in the lounge or DC?
My vote would be DC, but either way - I'm out. I can't do the speculation, worst case scenarios, best case scenarios, death toll, mortality rate, death rate, ventilators in reserve, hospitals being overwhelmed, etc, etc, etc, anymore. I'm going to drive myself into a mental breakdown.

I don't know who to believe in the media when it comes to reporting facts, and that scares me. I remember not that long ago that I believed things I heard on the radio or TV. I got my panties in a bunch because I believed a bunch of hype about Tyreek Hill abusing his son. I felt like such an ass for jumping to a conclusion before having all the facts. I'm not claiming that all media is bad - or have some sort of agenda, but I truly don't know who to trust.

I'll pay attention to my local news, maybe listen to reports by the CDC and WHO, but that's it.

I hope you all stay healthy and well, and I hope your family and friends do the same. See you in other less chaotic threads.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:20 PM 03-11-2020
We can all breathe easily now. Harry Potter is safe.

the boy who lived https://t.co/MfcE8Cs2Sc

— Dartunorro D. Clark (@DartDClark) March 11, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 06:25 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The problem is just that, at some point the upward curve becomes an S. It's already happened in some places. We just don't know when.

New projection just for US cases - using the same method.

I'm not sure if 88k overwhelms the hospital system. But our % of cases that need hospitalization must be really high since we're barely testing anyone.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:27 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Agree. Does it go in the lounge or DC?
Leave it here and leave the one in DC.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:32 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yep I agree. There have been a lot of guys booted out of this thread for posting DC crap in it. It's pretty fucking easy, if people want to go there, post it in the DC thread.
[Reply]
Miles 06:33 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The DC one seems to have a stronger strain of AIDS.
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:38 PM 03-11-2020
on Sirius, they have a free channel set up that's just about the virus. I've listened to it some over the past couple of days, it seems to be an hour or so loop, but they have been updating it with new content every now and then:

https://blog.siriusxm.com/doctor-rad...EW_Coronavirus

(scroll down and click the "click here to listen now" button)

On my radio it's channel 121, but I think that differs by the car.

These are actual doctors talking about the virus, and it's not political or fear-mongering, but realistic factual information. Worth a listen if you're concerned.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:40 PM 03-11-2020
Rudy Gobert got sick and right before tip off the NBA canceled the Jazz-OKC game. Crazy
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:43 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
why do you keep trying to minimize the situation? There is no equivilancy with measles. It’s not apples to apples.

If a white man, even with Nazi beliefs walks into a church, shopping center and murders many people, most just accept that as life in 2020. Nothing changes. Yet, if that white person was instead a Muslim and a member of ISIS, holy hell and panic would be unleashed.

Same gun. Same number of people dead. One thing is different. Yes, this is a virus, not unlike others. But, it’s not the same is it?
Yeah, I see we're keeping retarded political takes out of the lounge.

As everyone knew, it's not a moderation thing so much as a squeaky wheel thing.
[Reply]
Miles 06:49 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Rudy Gobert got sick and right before tip off the NBA canceled the Jazz-OKC game. Crazy
Was watching NBATV as that happened and was really odd. Good chance tonight’s the last we’ve seen of fans at games for a while.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 06:54 PM 03-11-2020
We have had 3 1 off direct exposures in the last 24 hours here at the US Wuhan virus epicenter. Truth is there is a good chance we will be the first at CP to be exposed and I still couldn’t give a rats ass. Take care is your health :-) and get on with your life.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:07 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, I see we're keeping retarded political takes out of the lounge.

As everyone knew, it's not a moderation thing so much as a squeaky wheel thing.
I’ve posted more scientific facts about the virus in this thread more than anyone. It’s not my fault your thin skin is triggered by a fact.
[Reply]
wazu 07:09 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

New projection just for US cases - using the same method.

I'm not sure if 88k overwhelms the hospital system. But our % of cases that need hospitalization must be really high since we're barely testing anyone.
So...predicting a much more explosive outbreak than China, a nation with over a billion people in it. Gonna bet the under.
[Reply]
tk13 07:17 PM 03-11-2020
Tom Hanks has it.

Breaking: Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have tested positive for coronavirus https://t.co/oUYADLkoc3

— Variety (@Variety) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:23 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve posted more scientific facts about the virus in this thread more than anyone. It’s not my fault your thin skin is triggered by a fact.
My skin's not thin and I actually don't care if you post your retarded political shit, let alone 'triggered.'

You've definitely been oblivious for decades if you think I want to be shielded from political content. I've been against ghetto sequestration of certain forms of discourse here since the place began.

My point of contention isn't about you posting whatever you want, it's about the mods pretending that they have a 'no tolerance, stop the bullshit or heads will roll, really, we're really tired of it' policy about 'political content' in the lounge, . . . when what they're actually tired of is the squeaky wheels that bitch about 'certain' political content, which makes them convene and make mod decisions.
[Reply]
Page 138 of 3903
« First < 3888128134135136137138 1391401411421481882386381138 > Last »
Up